Just got my first 4 star review :(

ronhi85

I am both a seller and a buyer from time to time, so I see both sides.

I got twice a 4 stars review as a seller but as long as the rest are 5 stars it doesn’t hurt.

I will share a funny story. A long time ago, when my only gig was for voice-overs, I once got a 1 star review from a new buyer on Fiverr who had told me she was very satisfied with the jod I did for her. When I messaged to ask her why she had left a 1 star review since she was satisfied, she said that she didn’t read carefully and she thought that number 1 was for outstanding service and number 5 for the worst. Then she changed her review to 5 stars and I got my ‘happy-end’. But if I hadn’t messaged to ask her why I would have to live with that 1 star forever.

I know this isn’t the same as your story but I think, when one has done an outstanding job and/or with a bonus, one could always send a friendly message to a buyer asking what one could have possibly done better in a service to deserve a 5 star next time.

Now, from my experience as a buyer, I think that sometimes a seller loses points by neglecting communication with the buyer. Even Top Rated sellers may do that because they have so much work to do.

Well, I wish you 5 stars from now on and success!

That’s very enlightening. Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

a 4 star review is an no way bad though

Before, it was no big deal. Nowadays, it can turn your 4.8 into a 4.7 and get you demoted. So my advise to sellers is always remind buyers that if they’re not 100% satisfied, they can demand a revision with the modification button. I also remind them that Fiverr closes the order in 3 days.

Doing this doesn’t guarantee nobody will give you a bad review, but it lessens the change.

emind buyers

Send your Buyer Feedback Modify request, if you think he likes your work, SO In that way they can change your feedback

emind buyers

Send your Buyer Feedback Modify request, if you think he likes your work, SO In that way they can change your feedback

Good idea. Have you ever done it? Have you gotten in trouble with Fiverr for doing it? Today I got a 4 star review, after reading what he wrote, I decided not to do it. I don’t want 4 stars to become 3 stars.

• 1 month later...

Good idea. Have you ever done it? Have you gotten in trouble with Fiverr for doing it? Today I got a 4 star review, after reading what he wrote, I decided not to do it. I don’t want 4 stars to become 3 stars.

If you think you have delivered what’s you mention on your gig… Then yes.

Ever heard the expression “let sleeping dogs lie” or “if you mess with the bull, you get the horns?”

Reviews are like that, you can request a review modification, and instead of getting what you want, you get something worst.

It doesn’t matter what you have delivered, if your client is illogical, ungrateful, petty, then it’s better to accept that bad review and move on. Be grateful he’s not requesting a refund or doing a PayPal chargeback.

• 1 year later...

Got my first 4,3 rating too. Very upset. He was very happy with the result and even left the tip. But… still these 4 stars. That was really frustrating

I think there is a bug that for some strange reason would give 4.3 instead of a 5 stars review or this is what happened to me few times anyway 4.3 stars isn’t bad.

I think there is a bug that for some strange reason would give 4.3 instead of a 5 stars review or this is what happened to me few times anyway 4.3 stars isn’t bad.

thanks for support… In my case he put 4 stars in two points - “service as described” and “Buy Again or Recommend” and quite neutral review… Although in personal messages he (or she) was happy with the result. Anyways, most of the customers put 5 stars, that’s good)

thanks for support… In my case he put 4 stars in two points - “service as described” and “Buy Again or Recommend” and quite neutral review… Although in personal messages he (or she) was happy with the result. Anyways, most of the customers put 5 stars, that’s good)

This post was made over a year ago. Don’t resurrect dead posts.

• 11 months later...

It happens to me all the time. My buyers leave me good tip, write great comments but when it’s time to put some stars, they save one or half a star for themselves. Don’t worry, 4 star is a good review.

they even leave a tip and then give you a 4-star review? Strange!

Yeah it’s happened to me…

Archived