Dear Freelancers: Diversify!

lucycodex

I don’t like bidding, never did. Bidding is time consuming

Why not give it a try. About an hour ago I read your complaint about not getting any jobs for 3 days? What do you do to change it? There is nothing wrong with going out looking for jobs and bidding. It’s a competitive market. I personally don’t mind bidding. I was able to land some amazing jobs through bidding on and off Fiverr. Give it a try 😉

I gave it a chance 2 days ago, didn’t get a single order. It’s a long shot, there are times I’ve gotten orders out of it but is too few.

Nowadays my custom offers represent 18% of my sales, but that’s because many buyers message, not because I’m sending bids all the time.

Don’t you see? A search platform is better for everyone. Suppose you wrote a horror novel about demonic possession. Would you rather search “demonic book covers,” “horror book cover,” etc. Or go to Buyers Requests and get bombarded with bids?

I know I would rather search. I hate rejecting people, I hate saying “no,” searching allows me to see what sellers are selling without hurting their feelings. I also allows them to sell without constantly writing the sales message or customizing it for each bid.

I gave it a chance 2 days ago, didn’t get a single order. It’s a long shot, there are times I’ve gotten orders out of it but is too few.

Nowadays my custom offers represent 18% of my sales, but that’s because many buyers message, not because I’m sending bids all the time.

Don’t you see? A search platform is better for everyone. Suppose you wrote a horror novel about demonic possession. Would you rather search “demonic book covers,” “horror book cover,” etc. Or go to Buyers Requests and get bombarded with bids?

I know I would rather search. I hate rejecting people, I hate saying “no,” searching allows me to see what sellers are selling without hurting their feelings. I also allows them to sell without constantly writing the sales message or customizing it for each bid.

The search function is convenient no doubt about it. That’s what I love about Fiverr. I would still consider bidding and actively be looking for possible jobs instead of just waiting for work to come to me if I had a dry spell. You never know, you might find a very loyal client with repeat business. Did you ever consider exploring other gigs?

The search function is convenient no doubt about it. That’s what I love about Fiverr. I would still consider bidding and actively be looking for possible jobs instead of just waiting for work to come to me if I had a dry spell. You never know, you might find a very loyal client with repeat business. Did you ever consider exploring other gigs?

In the past I had a gig about travel, helping people plan their vacations. I didn’t like it, I discovered it’s actually quite hard and time consuming.

Ironically, I got great reviews, but when you’re spending 30 minutes on a $5 order, it’s not a viable gig. A $5 gig should take me 5 to 15 minutes, usually 5 to 10 minutes.

I am using another start with a U. It has bidding on it, but that is no different than having a buyer’s request here on Fiverr.

I don’t like bidding, never did. Bidding is time consuming, and since we’re punished for cancellations, we can’t just bid everyone and hope for the best.

When I search “X” on Buyers Requests, I have to ask myself:

Is this buyer right for me?

Will he like my work?

Have I had issues with that category?

Then I have to write the bid, I have to look at my gig prices since I don’t charge the same for everything, it’s so annoying.

Besides, I don’t know any successful sellers that got rich from bidding. All the successful people I know are found on search, a few advertise on Facebook but that’s a gamble and not everyone can afford to lose money, I certainly cannot.

“Diversify” applies to stocks, not jobs. The average person has a full-time job and Fiverr, Uber, Lyft, etc. There’s not much available, and most of what’s available doesn’t work.

If you search “how to make money online,” most of what you get is junk. Same goes for Warrior’s Forum, unless you’re an expert, you won’t be able to separate the junk from the gold nuggets, it all looks the same, it’s all written the same.

Besides, I don’t know any successful sellers that got rich from bidding.

I’ve done pretty well in the Buyer’s Request section. 😉

I won’t say that it “made me rich”, but I’ve earned quite a few sales through there. Some of my highest-grossing orders came from clients I found in BR.

Besides, I don’t know any successful sellers that got rich from bidding.

I’ve done pretty well in the Buyer’s Request section. 😉

I won’t say that it “made me rich”, but I’ve earned quite a few sales through there. Some of my highest-grossing orders came from clients I found in BR.

Yes, but you also do Facebook ads, you told me that’s how you drive traffic to your gigs. Don’t know if your’e using a landing page or driving directly to Fiverr.

Another seller told me to create a landing page, that way I can track what my Facebook ads are doing.

I tried Buyers Requests today, there wasn’t a lot I could bit on. I searched “facebook ad” and there wasn’t a single requests. For “brand names,” some stuff was pretty old, and some stuff isn’t right for me. Some buyer needs help with a brand name for “retail arbitrage.” I googled that and could barely understand what that’s about. So I decided not to bid.

Gone are the days when I would bid on everyone who needed a brand name. Back then, cancellations didn’t matter, nowadays, they do. So before I bid, I have to be 100% sure that the risk is worth it. It took me forever to get a 4.9 and a 90%, I’m not risking that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

And a few extra “side hustles” too!

(that’s a new word for me, BTW)

I learned it from following the YouTube channel The Financial Diet. While I already know a lot of the stuff mentioned on here, it certainly helps motivate me to learn new things.

Proud to be here! Fiverr is filled with inspiration. I hope I could be one

Archived