Discussions About Level Updates - St. Levels Day - February

fonthaunt

This message is meant to be an observation for others to see what’s it’s like for a Top Seller of 4-5 years to be demoted (with AMAZING stats)

• I’ve been on Fiverr since April 2012
  • The last 4-5 years I’ve been a Top Seller
  • I was demoted to Level 2 last month for not responding to messages within a 24 hour period.
  • I worked diligently at getting responding to messages and got it back up to 85%.
  • Today, February 15, 2018 I was demoted to Level 1

Got the following message this morning:

Based on your recent activity, your account no longer meets the requirements for Level Two status. The following was your performance at the end of the evaluation period (February 15, 2018 00:00 GMT):

• Response Rate: 85%
  • Order Completion: 93%
  • On Time Delivery: 99%
  • Rating: 4.9

We have removed the Level Two badge from your account, along with the benefits that came with it. If you have more than 10 Gigs, your most recent Gigs will be auto-paused within 48 hours, to meet the original account limitation of 10 Gigs. We recommend that you choose which Gigs you would like to suspend before the system does it automatically.

One stat that I’ve been watching lately is Order Completion. I was not sure what this was so I asked. Below is the response that I got from support:

Completion rate counts the numbers of orders which are completed in the last 60 days. Every cancellation, regardless of it that cancellation is counted in the evaluation is reflected in this stat. It looks like you have had 6 cancellations in the last 60 days.

Bottom line is I really don’t know what is happening. As a Top Seller and business owner, I thought I understood what I was doing. This demotion, if not a mistake, will damage my reputation, business, and livelihood.

Again, this is not a rant or complaint. I just want everyone to see what is happening to me, as a former Top Seller, Level 2 Seller, and Now a Level 1 Seller

1034869513_Screenshot2018-02-1506_21_54.thumb.png.aaac5a97586447628626e8f3f2371524.png

Hopefully this observation will help other sellers understand what it’s like for a Top Seller to be demoted (with Amazing statistics). Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to stop it from happening again.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This message is meant to be an observation for others to see what’s it’s like for a Top Seller of 4-5 years to be demoted (with AMAZING stats)

• I’ve been on Fiverr since April 2012
  • The last 4-5 years I’ve been a Top Seller
  • I was demoted to Level 2 last month for not responding to messages within a 24 hour period.
  • I worked diligently at getting responding to messages and got it back up to 85%.
  • Today, February 15, 2018 I was demoted to Level 1

Got the following message this morning:

Based on your recent activity, your account no longer meets the requirements for Level Two status. The following was your performance at the end of the evaluation period (February 15, 2018 00:00 GMT):

• Response Rate: 85%
  • Order Completion: 93%
  • On Time Delivery: 99%
  • Rating: 4.9

We have removed the Level Two badge from your account, along with the benefits that came with it. If you have more than 10 Gigs, your most recent Gigs will be auto-paused within 48 hours, to meet the original account limitation of 10 Gigs. We recommend that you choose which Gigs you would like to suspend before the system does it automatically.

One stat that I’ve been watching lately is Order Completion. I was not sure what this was so I asked. Below is the response that I got from support:

Completion rate counts the numbers of orders which are completed in the last 60 days. Every cancellation, regardless of it that cancellation is counted in the evaluation is reflected in this stat. It looks like you have had 6 cancellations in the last 60 days.

Bottom line is I really don’t know what is happening. As a Top Seller and business owner, I thought I understood what I was doing. This demotion, if not a mistake, will damage my reputation, business, and livelihood.

Again, this is not a rant or complaint. I just want everyone to see what is happening to me, as a former Top Seller, Level 2 Seller, and Now a Level 1 Seller

Hopefully this observation will help other sellers understand what it’s like for a Top Seller to be demoted (with Amazing statistics). Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to stop it from happening again.

That’s crazy. The same thing happened to me, but not for response rate. The first demotion was for 4.7 rating, the second one for 87% order completion rate.

If you get 0 jobs your delivery time will be 100%.

I got demoted last month. I have very low volume, so everything REALLY counts, similar to @shashanewallace (though not just 2-3 gigs per 60 days — more like 10 at most). I had 1 cancellation just before the new year still on record for evaluation this morning. So I had to have enough other gigs to cancel that out for Order Completion to be 90%+ It requires 10 total orders I was lucky and got 11. The % difference between having 10 total orders and 11 is 1%. That’s crazy. 1 completed order only changed the % by 1% (1 of 9 orders = 89%, 1 of 10 orders = 90%, 1 of 11 orders = 91%). This is going to be a really tough bar to beat every month. Just 1 4-star review (requires 4 5-star orders to get to 4.8), 1 cancelled order, or 1 order not delivered on-time and I will drop again.

I have to start getting my eggs out of this basket, like other people. This happened with Udemy when they rattled the cage and shifted pricing schemes several times within a few months and lost faith from the marketplace then became a race-to-the-bottom pricing platform. This type of change shakes the faith and trust of the sellers, and seeing the changes on the other end may also rattle the buyers — they know they have been buying from say Top Rated Sellers — now they have to be wondering why their former TRS has been demoted. It doesn’t look good. 😦

Well I dont think you get the point again. I’m an illustrator, not designer. I have to DRAW and when get feed back need to edit, it’ll take more time to re-draw an illustration. I always deliver on time, never late and if have we always have a deal about new time delivery. But in this case, if we need more time to finish the order and use modification button, it’ll make your oder completion rate falling down, even if your customer agree with the new time delivery. And we can’t send an extra offer for longer time delivery without add more charge.

Well I dont think you get the point again. I’m an illustrator, not designer. I have to DRAW and when get feed back need to edit, it’ll take more time to re-draw an illustration. I always deliver on time, never late and if have we always have a deal about new time delivery. But in this case, if we need more time to finish the order and use modification button, it’ll make your oder completion rate falling down, even if your customer agree with the new time delivery. And we can’t send an extra offer for longer time delivery without add more charge.

if we need more time to finish the order and use modification button, it’ll make your oder completion rate falling down,

Then increase your delivery time for the gig! This is not that hard!

Yes. You are correct about answering every message within a 24 hour period.

Here’s the challenge: I’ve done over 10,000 projects. I was heavily promoted in the beginning, which was awesome. Then started to get 50-75 messages per day.

The solution is to answer those questions with good quality answers. After a while, with no CRM integrated, it’s difficult to keep up. Then, I found myself answering with canned responses, just to keep my statistics up…and that’s not serving buyers with quality service. After a while, it just became overwhelming.

My stats fell to the 20% range. I worked very diligently in the last 60 days to answer each message, with quality, within 12 hours. Now it’s at 85%. Look at the numbers though. Everything else 93% or more. Why did I fall from Top Seller to Level 2 to Level 1? Help me to understand.

You can use the Resolution Center to add time to an order. The buyer has to agree to it.

You do NOT need to charge money to add time to the order. Resolution Center -> I can’t do this job -> Increase order time (something like that).

I’ve tried. But don’t have any choice for increase time delivery.

I’m completely clueless right now. Because I’m demoted level 1 now, I had to pause 4 gigs, which means 4 opportunities to get orders are now loss. That means less orders to complete, less chances of increasing my order completion rate from 88% to 90%.

Maybe I’ll use the time to learn new skills, perhaps I’ll drive for Lyft more. I am not happy.

I’ve tried. But don’t have any choice for increase time delivery.

I use it frequently. When doing full-color cookbooks with editing, indexing, etc. there are times it takes the BUYER several days to check an order and get back to me.

Or the time someone bought my gig and said “Oh, I forgot, I’m flying across the country for my daughter’s wedding, I won’t be back for 2 weeks, sorry…” Then I got her to extend the order for HER delay. I still am gobsmacked someone “forgot” they were going away for their daughter’s wedding for 2 weeks… but well…

You have to poke around the different choices in the Resolution Center. But you’ll find choices that let you extend the time. I have done it, and unless it’s been removed in the last couple weeks, it’s still there.

Not everyone has the time.

I understand that but should they be at the same level as someone who MAKES THE TIME and always answers within 24 hours?

I check messages no matter what. I postpone or cancel other important things if I have to so should someone who doesn’t put that much into it be at the same level?

This is competitive so why would someone who does not answer within 24 hours be on the level of someone who does? We all have lives to lead.

I answered messages from my hospital bed as I was about to be operated on, while I was on morphine.

So the argument we are hearing is that if something is hard to do, or requires extra work, it is unfair.

I use it frequently. When doing full-color cookbooks with editing, indexing, etc. there are times it takes the BUYER several days to check an order and get back to me.

Or the time someone bought my gig and said “Oh, I forgot, I’m flying across the country for my daughter’s wedding, I won’t be back for 2 weeks, sorry…” Then I got her to extend the order for HER delay. I still am gobsmacked someone “forgot” they were going away for their daughter’s wedding for 2 weeks… but well…

You have to poke around the different choices in the Resolution Center. But you’ll find choices that let you extend the time. I have done it, and unless it’s been removed in the last couple weeks, it’s still there.

The problem with using the resolution center is when the buyer doesn’t respond in time.

Ohh, I saw that! it’s not “I’m not able to do this job”, it’s “Due to personal/technical reasons, I cannot complete the work”. Thanks for your information, it help me a lot!

Yes it’s too hard. Nevermind that there are sellers who don’t have these problems or find ways to solve them and stay at a high level.

3 Questions:

1. How many questions do you get per day?
  2. Do you have a quick response setup?
  3. After sending your quick response, when do you get back to the potential buyer with a quality answer?

From what we can read on this thread, many sellers have been demoted because of the Response rate and On time delivey.
It’s good to see that cancellations do not affect many sellers!

Do not forget to:

• increase your delivery time on your gigs if you are not able to do the job as quickly as what you claim on your gig
  • create quick responses to answer every message within 24h even when you are busy

3 Questions:

1. How many questions do you get per day?
  2. Do you have a quick response setup?
  3. After sending your quick response, when do you get back to the potential buyer with a quality answer?

Yes as soon as I wake up I send a quick response and later a more detailed answer, or I am online a lot answering constantly. I’m online about 10 hours a day.

I’m completely clueless right now. Because I’m demoted level 1 now, I had to pause 4 gigs, which means 4 opportunities to get orders are now loss. That means less orders to complete, less chances of increasing my order completion rate from 88% to 90%.

Maybe I’ll use the time to learn new skills, perhaps I’ll drive for Lyft more. I am not happy.

Same here. I know we have a couple people here who claim they have it under control, but I know how this works. I’ve literally helped over 10,000 people with lots of promotion by Fiverr. Unless you’re glued to your phone and computer, then you have no life outside of the Fiverr system.

Maybe I’ll take the your advice and learn new skills in the meantime.

So the argument we are hearing is that if something is hard to do, or requires extra work, it is unfair.

There are things IN your control: Response time.

There are things OUT of your control: Ratings. Some people “never give a 5-star rating” – they don’t believe in perfection, they will always think you can improve and find a reason to criticize you. You can’t control that. You deliver stellar product or services, you over-deliver, etc. but not everyone will dish out 5-stars no matter what you do. Out of your control — it’s only something you can INFLUENCE by being great and overdelivering.

There are things you have influence over or partial control over:

Completion Ratings: If a buyer requests to cancel an order it’s GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE to grant it. You can argue, bend over backwards, beg, plead, threaten, etc. but at the end of the day if they want their money back the ONLY right thing to do is give it back. This one is a problem because ANY good business in the real world is under this constraint, but now sellers have to do everything possible and risk bad ratings in an attempt to keep the customer happy — even when a logo designer is asked for a voiceover recording – oops, I ordered the wrong thing please cancel.

Delivery Time: You control your initial delivery time. You can ask for extensions. Client may or may not agree. I’ve had 1st revision give me 24 hrs to correct an order on a 4-revision order but subsequent revisions don’t get a timer. If I deliver before the order timer is up there’s a glitch on revisions requested while the order timer would still be running – so I get only say 2 hours that were left in the gig for their revisions or the order shows *** LATE ***… not sure what their system is counting as “Late” when the order was delivered on-time but the timer during revisions says “Late” is it OK or does it count as late? Shoudn’t 4 revisions included get 4 24-hour revision timers? What about revisions that require > 24 hours no matter what you do?

Some of these are completely our own to control. Some are mostly or fully out of our hands.

Same here. I know we have a couple people here who claim they have it under control, but I know how this works. I’ve literally helped over 10,000 people with lots of promotion by Fiverr. Unless you’re glued to your phone and computer, then you have no life outside of the Fiverr system.

Unless you’re glued to your phone and computer, then you have no life outside of the Fiverr system.

That’s true. Some are able to make that kind of sacrifice, who are workaholics.

I’m curious, what’s your response to the guy who told you to raise your prices? I think the whole point of prices is to get orders. If I charge $50 or $100 and nobody’s ordering, what’s the point?

Archived