Multiple replies to my request

kevinfelts

Here is the issue, none of the examples I received were anything like their portfolio. The examples were not even to my specifications.

The examples were not even to my specifications.

If they’re not paid examples, they’re typically whatever the seller creates as quickly as possible, and the said seller probably doesn’t even read your specifications, or doesn’t know English well enough to understand them.

Good, serious sellers are highly unlikely to send custom examples for free, because they’re busy doing orders for paying customers.

Depends on currency exchange rate, and how much work people put into the logo.

Instructions were I felt very specific

Would you mind to share with us some details?

Otherwise our reasoning has enough space to assume that your specifications and/or your budget are inadequate.

All I wanted was a rough sketch, hand drawn (I guess I have to spell everything out) of the attached image.

Only thing needed is the guy, with backpack and hat, and mountains (or hills) in the background. I took that picture using a tripod and timer. It is my property so there is no copyright issue.

logo-source.thumb.JPG.880b21429876f0063dedd1b57bf63756.JPG

Guest offlinehelpers

To see what you can get for $5 for a similar but not identical project - my dog’s photo turned into a painting:

71217.thumb.jpg.d86b917ec35ac86c2ef5fb8ab1eab427.jpg

From this photo
DSC05825.thumb.jpg.0ddb1729726498f7bebc152e76d6242f.jpg

Cost me $5 and I was delighted. There are a huge number of talented sellers on here who’ll be happy to do what you want for your budget - you just need to find them and explain clearly what you want.

The examples were not even to my specifications.

If they’re not paid examples, they’re typically whatever the seller creates as quickly as possible, and the said seller probably doesn’t even read your specifications, or doesn’t know English well enough to understand them.

Good, serious sellers are highly unlikely to send custom examples for free, because they’re busy doing orders for paying customers.

See the image I posted in this thread. I created the template for the sketch artist to use.

All that is needed was the guy (me), with the backpack, hat, and hills in the background. No trees or other fine details.

The offers I am getting are people running my picture through a sketch program. So in effect, they are not creating anything,

Guest offlinehelpers

See the image I posted in this thread. I created the template for the sketch artist to use.

All that is needed was the guy (me), with the backpack, hat, and hills in the background. No trees or other fine details.

The offers I am getting are people running my picture through a sketch program. So in effect, they are not creating anything,

So you want a hand drawn illustration, custom done? It’s not a logo - it’s an illustration and you should be looking to pay way more than $5 for it.

running my picture through a sketch program

Even if that’s ‘all’ they’re doing, they deserve to be paid for it.

So you want a hand drawn illustration, custom done? It’s not a logo - it’s an illustration and you should be looking to pay way more than $5 for it.

I think they’re asking for a logo that features the figure in the picture with some hilly terrain in the background. Almost like an outdoor type logo I guess.

It is going to be a company logo. We are debating semantics.

While I want a sketch, it will be used for a company logo.

Guest offlinehelpers

It is going to be a company logo. We are debating semantics.

So you need to look for an illustrator, not a logo designer?

You do not pay for something you can not use.

My request is for a company logo. If the logo will not be used because it does not meet the description or quality standards, why should someone get paid?

For example, one offer I received was from someone who ran my picture through a sketch program, and then wanted to know if I wanted it. They put zero effort into meeting my description. You honestly expect people to get paid when they put zero effort into the project, and did not meet the description?

My request is for a company logo. If the logo will not be used because it does not meet the description or quality standards,

All I wanted was a rough sketch, hand drawn

Kevinfelts,

Your picture is not a specification of a logo.

You need to choose: either you are asking for a rough sketch, or you are asking for a logo.

If you are asking for a logo, you need to specify the intended use of the logo.

A logo may have different features depending on its main field of application.

A logo designed to be clearly visible on the side of a truck should have certain features.

A logo designed to be published on a website may require other graphical features, for example the suitability to be vectorized.

A logo designed to be used in stationery may, again, require a different style, a defined number of colours and a specific gamma of colours.

A logo or a drawing that is fit for stationery may not be fit to be printed on a t-shirt.

Then comes the lettering.

Some fonts - personal taste aside - does not get well with some names and some combinations of letters.

Some are meant to be used for bigger texts and others are not.

I have still left out the element of the budget, and there it would be way more to say.

My request is for a company logo. If the logo will not be used because it does not meet the description or quality standards,

All I wanted was a rough sketch, hand drawn

Kevinfelts,

Your picture is not a specification of a logo.

You need to choose: either you are asking for a rough sketch, or you are asking for a logo.

If you are asking for a logo, you need to specify the intended use of the logo.

A logo may have different features depending on its main field of application.

A logo designed to be clearly visible on the side of a truck should have certain features.

A logo designed to be published on a website may require other graphical features, for example the suitability to be vectorized.

A logo designed to be used in stationery may, again, require a different style, a defined number of colours and a specific gamma of colours.

A logo or a drawing that is fit for stationery may not be fit to be printed on a t-shirt.

Then comes the lettering.

Some fonts - personal taste aside - does not get well with some names and some combinations of letters.

Some are meant to be used for bigger texts and others are not.

I have still left out the element of the budget, and there it would be way more to say.

I want a rough sketch of the image which will be used for a logo - it is that simple.

Proving the source image takes the original creation out of the equation.

You can say all this and that. However, the simple fact is it is my money I am spending and I want a certain look for the logo.

The problem I have is people wanting to run the original image through a sketch program and then resell it back to me. That is not creating anything - that is rehashing.

Guest offlinehelpers

I want a rough sketch of the image which will be used for a logo - it is that simple.

Proving the source image takes the original creation out of the equation.

You can say all this and that. However, the simple fact is it is my money I am spending and I want a certain look for the logo.

The problem I have is people wanting to run the original image through a sketch program and then resell it back to me. That is not creating anything - that is rehashing.

people wanting to run the original image through a sketch program

So don’t give them the image - just describe in words what you want as an illustration.

I would suggest you don’t use buyer requests if you’re still on the look for a logo.
Search “hand drawn logo” in the search beside fiverr’s logo. Then you can look at the buyer’s portfolios and contact them/ask them questions before ordering. This will help ensure the work is more in alignment with what you’re looking for. As a logo designer myself, I would never give away anything for free, even a concept. I understand the frustration of not getting what you want but something you could do is make a bulletpoint list like:

• Hand-drawn logo

• I only want these things in the picture

• Do not run it through a sketch program

or something along those lines, clear communication even if it’s “spelled out” will only benefit both you and the seller.

Archived