Automatic Deactivation For Inactive Sellers/Gigs

musiclover

Im sure there’s a lot of seller accounts that aren’t being used anymore. I think after a certain period of time, the account should become deactivated so people won’t buy a gig from an inactive seller. For instance, if a seller doesn’t log in within 90 days, all their gigs becomes suspended until they log in again.

Its just an idea that popped in my head. It would suck to order a gig, get no response from the seller during the delivery time, then have to cancel it. That would be a significant amount of time wasted when you could’ve been dealing with an active seller.

Fiverr could clear up the abandonned gigs with a very simple site maintainence plan. They could send a message, or even place an “test order” on every seller and/or every gig. Space it out over a few months by testing a new category each week.

Send a message requiring a response within 1 week from each seller stating they are intending to stay active, and stating that if there is NO response then the seller/gig will be “temporarily” suspended from all view on Fiverr. (Maybe stay visible only to the seller with a banner that the gig is on hold?) If they don’t respond within a month, they get a “last chance” type warning, then if they don’t respond, the seller or gig is deleted.

The more drastic “test order” could probably be done with just a message and not a PayPal transaction, since Fiverr has control of the coding on the site anyway. No, it should not make the seller do the WORK usually associated with the gig, but only to prove that the seller is recieving and responding to messages regarding gigs.

Yes, it would take work, but it would really clear up the dead gigs and drop the frustration level among buyers. Also make the good, active gigs stand out.

I think that it’s used mostly for fluff. They could probably easily weed out the inactive gigs and members within a few days, but if they do it will be hard to attract and build confidence for new buyers and sellers if Fiverr looks like a ghost town. I do think however they should simply remove any inactive gigs from any sort of main pages or categories, though. They should stay indexed, but not anywhere near the top. This way it gives more room for new sellers and more room for those that have been here a while to get some exposure to their gigs. They very well could be keeping some inactive gigs up there just to show that they’re giving a chance to all sorts of buyers. The mind-set being, “Hey look, this guy hasn’t got many orders since 8 months ago, this gives me a chance to build my brand up and get a chance for some exposure over time!”

Fiverr also has a possible financial reason for leaving inactive gigs on the site. It makes the site look “bigger”, and thus more valuable in strict business terms.

When Fiverr looks for investors, or even someday sells the entire company to new owners, it might look “better” to have more gigs listed, even though a closer, more realistic look would show that many are inactive or getting no clicks or sales, thus leading to no commissions.

• 2 years later...

I received a notice from "noreply@efiverr.com" that said “We’ve noticed that, although you have gigs listed on Fiverr, you haven’t visited the site lately.
To keep your gigs listed on Fiverr, please click here. This is to ensure that buyers will not order services from inactive sellers.”. First and foremost because it did not address me by my name or username, I did not think it was legitimate (so I logged in directly and not through the email), but after screwing around in the site I was given a notice (on the top of my screen) thanking me for logging in and saying my gigs would remain active. It’s 30 days since I logged in…it’s true… however ever since they reorganized the structure of the website (in July 2014), my gigs dropped from 25 gigs a month to 1 gig every month or so… so it is not unusual to go as many as 45 days between gigs. The reorganization was a practical decision putting more popular gig categories up front, but it still burns none the less. I think they should have a 45-60 day time period to define inactive sellers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello can any one help me ? my fiverr account automatically deactivate , my last visit on fiverr account 31-oct-2015, due to fever i was not able to signin for 3 days,
But how can this possible, without any warning without any Email my account automatically deactivate?
please help me out
Thankyou.

Archived