5 Quick Tips for Tags

miiila

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very useful information, Thanks to sharing 🙂

@miiila , Is there any way to know the keyword search volume based on fiverr?

I fear not, Shakil. Fiverr seems very reluctant to give any information on such date, their search algorithm, etc., probably like other companies too, to keep people from gaming the system.

You can probably make some educated guesses though if you use available websites to check for what people search on Google. Not as good, obviously, but better than nothing. 🙂

thank you for your such great tips…
But i have one issue i have edit my gig time of delivery and Tags because in Pakistan we were Celebrating Eidul Fitar so my gig down day by day due to edition and now its goes from first to seven page and i have contact to cS but they have not a proper solution for this so any suggestion how rank my gig to its first position …
And also some more issue with fiverr now a days like extra Fees charges, new search algorithm etc we are losing our customer aw well as our gig position ,

So any has any solution,

thanks

thank you for your such great tips…

But i have one issue i have edit my gig time of delivery and Tags because in Pakistan we were Celebrating Eidul Fitar so my gig down day by day due to edition and now its goes from first to seven page and i have contact to cS but they have not a proper solution for this so any suggestion how rank my gig to its first position …

And also some more issue with fiverr now a days like extra Fees charges, new search algorithm etc we are losing our customer aw well as our gig position ,

So any has any solution,

thanks

Hi, sorry to hear of your issues. The delivery time and extra fee, etc., don’t really have anything to do with the tags. You can find great tips on how to work on your gigs generally if you use the forum search function.

You can experiment with the tags, though, in the hope to find some that will improve your position, but they don’t guarantee a good position, even if you have the perfect gigs - especially in a category with high competition, as there will be many people using the same tags and there is only space for a few people on the first page.

The search algorithm, well, type “algorithm” in the search bar and you’ll see that… most people think it’s pretty random and nobody knows what exactly it looks for.

The one thing that seems sure is that the title of your gig is especially important, but else, things like delivery time and the ratings make sense to cause the algorithm to rank you lower if others offer faster delivery time, have higher ratings, etc.

If you think your longer delivery time is the main issue, it should get better, once you’re done celebrating and change your turnaround times to shorter ones again, anyway? Just remember to check if your gig will reappear in search after editing it and contact support if it won’t be back 1 or 2 days after the edit! 🍀

Hi, sorry to hear of your issues. The delivery time and extra fee, etc., don’t really have anything to do with the tags. You can find great tips on how to work on your gigs generally if you use the forum search function.

You can experiment with the tags, though, in the hope to find some that will improve your position, but they don’t guarantee a good position, even if you have the perfect gigs - especially in a category with high competition, as there will be many people using the same tags and there is only space for a few people on the first page.

The search algorithm, well, type “algorithm” in the search bar and you’ll see that… most people think it’s pretty random and nobody knows what exactly it looks for.

The one thing that seems sure is that the title of your gig is especially important, but else, things like delivery time and the ratings make sense to cause the algorithm to rank you lower if others offer faster delivery time, have higher ratings, etc.

If you think your longer delivery time is the main issue, it should get better, once you’re done celebrating and change your turnaround times to shorter ones again, anyway? Just remember to check if your gig will reappear in search after editing it and contact support if it won’t be back 1 or 2 days after the edit! 🍀

Hi miiila thank you for your advise ,

first you have ask for extra fees, so i will suggest you that first take me if buyer order me $5 so i will get $4 ,and when i order from some else seller for $5 +$2 fees = $7 so i mean i buy services for $7 and sell it for $4 so i lose $3 so it effect every buyer as well as seller,

Second you have asked for SEO so i will suggest you for 4 year my gig has proper optimize and SEO and for 4 plus year it was in first page and second row but row can be changes but it on first so suddenly i have it get to seven from first page, and i do normally as i done for 4 plus year…

and i have one or two time edit my gig but it wont effect my gig position but last time when i get edit i think it get effected and i have asked from CS but they do not have a proper solution for this,

thanks

Hi miiila thank you for your advise ,

first you have ask for extra fees, so i will suggest you that first take me if buyer order me $5 so i will get $4 ,and when i order from some else seller for $5 +$2 fees = $7 so i mean i buy services for $7 and sell it for $4 so i lose $3 so it effect every buyer as well as seller,

Second you have asked for SEO so i will suggest you for 4 year my gig has proper optimize and SEO and for 4 plus year it was in first page and second row but row can be changes but it on first so suddenly i have it get to seven from first page, and i do normally as i done for 4 plus year…

and i have one or two time edit my gig but it wont effect my gig position but last time when i get edit i think it get effected and i have asked from CS but they do not have a proper solution for this,

thanks

Well, that’s true, but I’m just a seller like you and can’t do anything about the fees, they are the same for us all. If you lose money, then, obviously, you need to find a different business model. If Fiverr ups its fees, you’ll have to up your gig price as well if you sell at a loss else.

I’m a seller first and foremost and only buy services for my personal use, not to resell, so I’m not the right person to advise you there.

Happened to me as well, and to countless others, gig ranking positions aren’t guaranteed and set in stone. Maybe there is more competition in your category now, or others offer better value, have updated more modern looking gigs, have better ratings, delivery times, whatever, so the algorithm favours them currently, I can’t tell, as I’m not CS, I can’t look into your gig as they can.

You can either wait and hope that once Eid is over and you’ll return to your normal delivery times, your gig returns to its normal position after a couple of deliveries, or try to find out how to update your gig, how to appeal more to your potential customers, etc., as we all have to do all the time.

and i have one or two time edit my gig but it wont effect my gig position but last time when i get edit i think it get effected

If it was affected negatively by your last edit, try to edit it back to like it was before?

I’m not lucky with all of my own edits either, some things seem to matter, but often, search position seems to be random and sometimes it’s inexplicable - you can find many posts by sellers here where they complain that their own gigs are “better” than those ranked before them, if rightfully, or not, hard to say.

I fear there is no “do this and your gig will rank up” recipe, apart from all the tips the forum is full of, like find out who is your target group, advertise your gigs to them, update your description, proofread your texts, etc. I won’t list all of that here, as you can find enough of that on the forum and this topic is specifically for the Gig Tags.

Maybe look at this topic by Paul for some guidance on “How to optimize your gigs to maximize your sales” for a start.

Actually I’m also new to fiverr in the last days my all gig’s impressions and views are gone down all turn down and red. And then I have changed the tags in my gig’s I think it’s working. now it’s turned green again. I just recommend this method just have a try if you couldn’t see any changes change the tags again until you can find good result. And another thing just google your gig titles to most relevant keywords that could be help you find some most effective tags for your gigs. all the best you all…!

Actually I’m also new to fiverr in the last days my all gig’s impressions and views are gone down all turn down and red. And then I have changed the tags in my gig’s I think it’s working. now it’s turned green again. I just recommend this method just have a try if you couldn’t see any changes change the tags again until you can find good result. And another thing just google your gig titles to most relevant keywords that could be help you find some most effective tags for your gigs. all the best you all…!

Great to hear, thank you for posting! Also, welcome and best of luck!

Well, that’s true, but I’m just a seller like you and can’t do anything about the fees, they are the same for us all. If you lose money, then, obviously, you need to find a different business model. If Fiverr ups its fees, you’ll have to up your gig price as well if you sell at a loss else.

I’m a seller first and foremost and only buy services for my personal use, not to resell, so I’m not the right person to advise you there.

Happened to me as well, and to countless others, gig ranking positions aren’t guaranteed and set in stone. Maybe there is more competition in your category now, or others offer better value, have updated more modern looking gigs, have better ratings, delivery times, whatever, so the algorithm favours them currently, I can’t tell, as I’m not CS, I can’t look into your gig as they can.

You can either wait and hope that once Eid is over and you’ll return to your normal delivery times, your gig returns to its normal position after a couple of deliveries, or try to find out how to update your gig, how to appeal more to your potential customers, etc., as we all have to do all the time.

and i have one or two time edit my gig but it wont effect my gig position but last time when i get edit i think it get effected

If it was affected negatively by your last edit, try to edit it back to like it was before?

I’m not lucky with all of my own edits either, some things seem to matter, but often, search position seems to be random and sometimes it’s inexplicable - you can find many posts by sellers here where they complain that their own gigs are “better” than those ranked before them, if rightfully, or not, hard to say.

I fear there is no “do this and your gig will rank up” recipe, apart from all the tips the forum is full of, like find out who is your target group, advertise your gigs to them, update your description, proofread your texts, etc. I won’t list all of that here, as you can find enough of that on the forum and this topic is specifically for the Gig Tags.

Maybe look at this topic by Paul for some guidance on “How to optimize your gigs to maximize your sales” for a start.

Thank you so much i appreciate your suggestion,

It’s a good way to find best tags to ask with your friends and buyers too, but it’s not work always as according to my experience I was using 5 tags which were describe my services my gig got ranked but I just try to experiment to get more sales I asked to my LinkedIn followers/friend like I created a survey to get their opinion and experience but the result was totally different I got mostly low searches keywords from them! well I implemented those keywords after that my gig got down.

I got done another experiment regarding tags, I search keywords on google trend and found some high searching keywords and get compare every keyword to each other and got some useful keywords then I use those keywords as a tags in my gig but the result was same which I mentioned above gig got down.

So according to my 4 years of experience this method works more better newbies should go with following techniques.

• Get idea of tags from your those competitors who always sticky on top in searching and who have good number of orders in queue.
  • Always use common sense, use those tags which are highly relevant with your services.
    Mandatory use of your main keyword in your tag and description too which you are using in your title.

Note: It’s just my experience which works for me in graphic category!
Need your feedback on this
Thanks
Regards Nimrakhan

On 6/25/2018 at 5:10 AM, nimrakhan123 said:

It’s a good way to find best tags to ask with your friends and buyers too, but it’s not work always as according to my experience I was using 5 tags which were describe my services my gig got ranked but I just try to experiment to get more sales I asked to my LinkedIn followers/friend like I created a survey to get their opinion and experience but the result was totally different I got mostly low searches keywords from them! well I implemented those keywords after that my gig got down.

I got done another experiment regarding tags, I search keywords on google trend and found some high searching keywords and get compare every keyword to each other and got some useful keywords then I use those keywords as a tags in my gig but the result was same which I mentioned above gig got down.

So according to my 4 years of experience this method works more better newbies should go with following techniques.

• Get idea of tags from your those competitors who always sticky on top in searching and who have good number of orders in queue.
  • Always use common sense, use those tags which are highly relevant with your services.

Mandatory use of your main keyword in your tag and description too which you are using in your title.

Note: It’s just my experience which works for me in graphic category!

Need your feedback on this

Experimenting until you find what works best for your specific situation and adapting and keeping experimenting, is a key element to being successful and to stay relevant.

If what you do doesn’t work, try something else, if you find what works best for you, great, keep doing it, or do more of it. 🙂

Thank you for your contribution! 

Archived