miiila

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

hello
I’ve always wondered.

If (for example) I use the tag: page
if someone search for the “pages” tag, would the gig appear?

I often use singular and plural I’m sure it’s useless but the search tool does not return the same result with singular or plural

On 4/23/2018 at 7:26 AM, damdsn said:

I’ve always wondered. If (for example) I use the tag: page . if someone search for the “pages” tag, would the gig appear?

I often use singular and plural I’m sure it’s useless but the search tool does not return the same result with singular or plural

The search tool seems to be moody sometimes.

I’ve seen everything from pretty good and exact results to results that turn up random things which should not be returned for your search, just because 3 of 5 letters matched or such, which speaks for singular/plural not being relevant.

However, I’d try to do my best to think like a buyer and use either page or pages depending on what you think most of them would type in.

Another idea is asking buyers how they found your gig, if by search terms, what exactly they typed in if they remember.

Some probably also just type in the first letters and then pick from Fiverr’s suggestions, so you might want to consider those as well.

The search tool seems to be moody sometimes.

I’ve seen everything from pretty good and exact results to results that turn up random things which should not be returned for your search, just because 3 of 5 letters matched or such, which speaks for singular/plural not being relevant.

However, I’d try to do my best to think like a buyer and use either page or pages depending on what you think most of them would type in.

Another idea is asking buyers how they found your gig, if by search terms, what exactly they typed in if they remember.

Some probably also just type in the first letters and then pick from Fiverr’s suggestions, so you might want to consider those as well.

Nice , great tips. Thanks

Thank you so much for the information. I had no idea that the gig gets disappeared when edited. I have been having falling impressions so I kept on making changes to my gig and wondering why my gig is not on search pages.
But thanks to you I will be patient and wait for 2 days at least to make any further changes to it.😍

• We all get a max of 5 tags to use per gig, right from the start, if new seller or TRS, make good use of it, every bit you do that others don´t do, will help you.

If you think 2 tags describe your service perfectly and everyone would type in either of those two, or both, great; if not, again, you got 5! tags to catch words or combinations of words people type in the search bar.

• Think like a buyer: what would you search for if you were looking for the service your gig offers?

• Ask random people (who are not used to the “insider slang” you and people in your category use) - family, friends, your favourite coffeeshop barista: What would you type into the search bar if you were looking for… ? Try the ones you hear most often.

• Find and ask some people who actually buy the service you offer for the terms they do/would type in.

• Depending on how adventurous you are, reserve up to 4 tags for the search terms that most people would use, use the rest for more “niche-y” terms which make you think “OH! YES! THAT! There surely are people who are looking for that but no/few sellers have that tag!” Keep the most popular search terms, play around with the rest, i.e. if one doesn´t seem to work, try another one.

(Take note that your gig disappears from search for a while when you edit it though, Fiverr staff needs to check gigs when you edit them, to make sure they are not against the infamous ToS (Terms of Service), so you might not want to edit too often, or do it when you could need a break and less orders anyway, ideally. When you´ve edited your gig, give it some time, if you´re lucky, it will be back up in just a couple hours, but if not, I´d give it up to 48 hours, if it´s not back by then, you may want to contact Customer Support.)

If you’re reading this, you´re probably new here – welcome to the forum and good luck on your Fiverr journey! 🍀

he

[/

its helpful.Thanks

Archived