Do You Add Milk To Your Tea?

lucycodex

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought that this would get nearly as many comments as it did 😮

However, I will state that since writing this, I have been putting more plant milks in my tea. I am getting used to the unAmerican-ness of it. It still seems odd to me, but I guess in reality, we are the odd ones.

In Northern Germany, or more specifically, Eastern Frisia, Ostfriesentee is the national drink, the “Wölkje”, small cloud, is a must, it´s cream though, not milk. Just a small spoon, there´s a special spoon for that, it´s smaller but deeper than a usual small spoon. The sugar must be “Kluntje”, rock candy. The candy goes in the cup first, then the tea (heavenly crackling sound!), then the cream, and you drink it without stirring.

I drink plant milk in my coffee at home, is there plant cream too? Never noticed any where I´m buying food.

image.jpg.8822da46c77bec3b986d84d9dccc0bad.jpg

In Northern Germany, or more specifically, Eastern Frisia, Ostfriesentee is the national drink, the “Wölkje”, small cloud, is a must, it´s cream though, not milk. Just a small spoon, there´s a special spoon for that, it´s smaller but deeper than a usual small spoon. The sugar must be “Kluntje”, rock candy. The candy goes in the cup first, then the tea (heavenly crackling sound!), then the cream, and you drink it without stirring.

I drink plant milk in my coffee at home, is there plant cream too? Never noticed any where I´m buying food.

🙂

Me neither, I would have to stir it

is there plant cream too?

There is plant coffee creamer, as well as thicker plant milks. However, it’s not hard to make plant cream if you want it. Just take some almond milk and boil it down.

Couldn’t resist the urge to stir it! 🙂

You put in quite a bit of the rock candy; until you can actually drink the tea without burning your tongue, enough of the sugar has molten, so at the start it´s a little bitter still and gets sweeter towards the end, and you leave the candy in the cup and have another cup and perhaps another, without adding more candy. It´s a pretty fun way of drinking tea. You need to really take the time for it, which probably is part of the magic, a nice break. It´s incredibly great when you´ve been out in the cold, someplace at the North Sea and then get back inside and enjoy a can of that tea. It´s a specific blend of tea too, I like it a lot.

Just take some almond milk and boil it down.

Oh, I´ll try that.

You put in quite a bit of the rock candy; until you can actually drink the tea without burning your tongue, enough of the sugar has molten, so at the start it´s a little bitter still and gets sweeter towards the end, and you leave the candy in the cup and have another cup and perhaps another, without adding more candy. It´s a pretty fun way of drinking tea. You need to really take the time for it, which probably is part of the magic, a nice break. It´s incredibly great when you´ve been out in the cold, someplace at the North Sea and then get back inside and enjoy a can of that tea. It´s a specific blend of tea too, I like it a lot.

Just take some almond milk and boil it down.

Oh, I´ll try that.

The tea thing is very interesting. Went to Tangiers some years ago and everywhere you went they drank mint tea.

The tea thing is very interesting. Went to Tangiers some years ago and everywhere you went they drank mint tea.

I love fresh mint tea, we have, for instance Moroccan, shops which sell big bundles of mint for much less than the tiny packages of mint in the supermarket or at the outdoor market cost.

I couldn´t imagine milk in mint tea though, never mind 🐮, to stay on topic.

Archived