Jump to content

Do you think making the price lower is good because of competitors?


Recommended Posts

Hi there,

Do you think it’s really a good thing to make your gig price lower because of the competitors ?? I know we will get more sales if we do that…But I always feels like it is useless to work more and get a low payment… What you guys think??

Last day I went to the garage , and my boyfriend told me ‘here it’s so cheap and the work is good , that’s why I always come here’

I was thinking about that… But??? More work and get paid less??? You mean is it fine??

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Do you think it’s really a good thing to make your gig price lower because of the competitors ?? I know we will get more sales if we do that…But I always feels like it is useless to work more and get a low payment… What you guys think??

Last day I went to the garage , and my boyfriend told me ‘here it’s so cheap and the work is good , that’s why I always come here’

I was thinking about that… But??? More work and get paid less??? You mean is it fine??

Do you think it’s really a good thing to make your gig price lower because of the competitors ?? I know we will get more sales if we do that

You might make more sales, but you’ll also make fewer sales as well. And your competitors will likely make more money than you.

If you want cheap customers, offer cheap prices. If you want great customers who understand the value of good work, price your services higher.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are a new seller and with limited experience then its recommended to offer low price.

Then you can improve your experience with the buyers who are concentrating more on the price than the quality.

Once you become a expert on the particulate service you can increase the price and target the customers who are concentrating on the quality.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2018 at 3:07 AM, jonbaas said:

You might make more sales, but you’ll also make fewer sales as well. And your competitors will likely make more money than you.

If you want cheap customers, offer cheap prices. If you want great customers who understand the value of good work, price your services higher.

Great! Thank you very much for replying to my post

 

On 2/1/2018 at 3:08 AM, irshan_cool said:

If you are a new seller and with limited experience then its recommended to offer low price. Then you can improve your experience with the buyers who are concentrating more on the price than the quality. Once you become a expert on the particulate service you can increase the price and target the customers who are concentrating on the quality.

Great!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think anjalee that by lowering your price you’ll get more orders if you provide quality work and you know you must recieve this much amount for the job then go ahead and charge that price
when you increase prices you will get messages from next level of customers which dont think about price but quality work

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think anjalee that by lowering your price you’ll get more orders if you provide quality work and you know you must recieve this much amount for the job then go ahead and charge that price

when you increase prices you will get messages from next level of customers which dont think about price but quality work

You are 100% right!! 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@anjaleelive1

Being New Seller It is Acceptable lowering the Price to Gain Trust of Buyers.

But After Achieving a rank Lowering Price is not a good idea. In this way your quality of work will be disturbed and might be less attentive…

You Better Know The effort You are going To deliver. So Never Compromise about quality And DOn’t care About Quantity When You will be A Top rated seller you automatically get orders…

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does."

Napoleon Hill

I’m starting my shop now and my gig is actually 100% free.

People will like my work and recommend it, and then I will be well paid.

@gustavomak I’m curious as to how this works. If you don’t get paid through the system, that also means you aren’t getting reviews, therefore blocking you from future orders from people looking for a reliable seller.

As for those who come on recommendations, they’ll expect you to work for free since that’s such a major draw, and balk when you start charging for your services.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went through this recently. A potential client thought that I was charging too much for what they figured was a “simple” job. I went as far asking what they thought a fair price would be, and they came back with 50% of what I quoted. I refused to budge. I know what my time is worth, and as a general rule, when people are looking for cheap work, they’re also a nightmare to deal with.

Long story short, if you have a price, stick with it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, it seems you thought about a worst case scenario for me hahaha :rofl:

I had to put a price of $5 minimum on my gig, but it’s worth much more, this $5 are just symbolic, I can always find a way to refund! So I will get reviews, even if a payment is required in order to review.

I believe people who come on recommendations will already know I deliver quality content, so I’ll be able to charge.

Hey, what can I do. It’s easy for new sellers to get taken advantage of, especially when you’re eager for work and have no reviews. That’s definitely not something I like to see!

I just wonder how you’re going to refund, since if the order gets refunded I’m pretty sure your reviews will also disappear. If you go around the system…well, that’s another can of worms.

I believe people who come on recommendations will already know I deliver quality content, so I’ll be able to charge.

Hopefully that’s the case. I wouldn’t bet on it though. I don’t have any faith in internet strangers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@somaginer1996 I completely understand your point of view, but that’s just my strategy to get clients in the beginning.

$5 is just symbolic, I believe most people wouldn’t care about a refund because the product is worth way more.

In business one thing is irrefutable truth, if you give value you receive value. So first we have to give, then, we receive.

This gig is also something I actually enjoy doing, so it doesn’t matter if I find some bad people on the way haha

Just because I enjoy writing doesn’t mean I don’t want to be paid for the value I contribute to others. I wouldn’t say I’m an amazing writer, but I think that my work is worth something.

I suppose we do have a different approach. I’m a college student, and I’m not willing to sink any money into Fiverr or the buyers I meet on here. So far, that has worked out pretty well for me.

$5 is just symbolic, I believe most people wouldn’t care about a refund because the product is worth way more.

I’m actually more concerned about how you’ll refund them. It actually seems more complicated to promise them a refund than just go about earning money for work you do. But hey, I’m not you. I can’t control what you do. I’d be interested to see how things go for you, though. Who knows, maybe I’m totally mistaken in my cynicism and you’ll be able to draw people in 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just because I enjoy writing doesn’t mean I don’t want to be paid for the value I contribute to others. I wouldn’t say I’m an amazing writer, but I think that my work is worth something.

I suppose we do have a different approach. I’m a college student, and I’m not willing to sink any money into Fiverr or the buyers I meet on here. So far, that has worked out pretty well for me.

$5 is just symbolic, I believe most people wouldn’t care about a refund because the product is worth way more.

I’m actually more concerned about how you’ll refund them. It actually seems more complicated to promise them a refund than just go about earning money for work you do. But hey, I’m not you. I can’t control what you do. I’d be interested to see how things go for you, though. Who knows, maybe I’m totally mistaken in my cynicism and you’ll be able to draw people in 😛

I don’t want to work for free either! It’s just a strategy for the beginning as a way to create a portfolio.

The refund is not a problem, I doubt someone would really ask for a $5 refund after receiving quality work, just knowing I’m willing to do it already contributes a lot!

Yes, let’s see how it turns out, I hope it goes well 😃

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2018 at 4:22 AM, designer2k18 said:

Being New Seller It is Acceptable lowering the Price to Gain Trust of Buyers. But After Achieving a rank Lowering Price is not a good idea. In this way your quality of work will be disturbed and might be less attentive…

You Better Know The effort You are going To deliver. So Never Compromise about quality And DOn’t care About Quantity When You will be A Top rated seller you automatically get orders…

Thank you very much for your advice 🙂

On 2/4/2018 at 4:24 AM, gustavomak said:

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does."

Napoleon Hill

I’m starting my shop now and my gig is actually 100% free. People will like my work and recommend it, and then I will be well paid.

Your idea is great.But someone have to perches a gig atleast for $5 to drop a recommendation review here nah??

On 2/4/2018 at 4:25 AM, somaginer1996 said:

@gustavomak I’m curious as to how this works. If you don’t get paid through the system, that also means you aren’t getting reviews, therefore blocking you from future orders from people looking for a reliable seller.

As for those who come on recommendations, they’ll expect you to work for free since that’s such a major draw, and balk when you start charging for your services.

yeah!!! I was also thinking about that…

On 2/4/2018 at 4:26 AM, gustavomak said:

Wow, it seems you thought about a worst case scenario for me hahaha :rofl:

I had to put a price of $5 minimum on my gig, but it’s worth much more, this $5 are just symbolic, I can always find a way to refund! So I will get reviews, even if a payment is required in order to review.

I believe people who come on recommendations will already know I deliver quality content, so I’ll be able to charge.

Hey no !! If you will refund, you will get no review yaar

On 2/4/2018 at 4:27 AM, tomthi3ss3n said:

I went through this recently. A potential client thought that I was charging too much for what they figured was a “simple” job. I went as far asking what they thought a fair price would be, and they came back with 50% of what I quoted. I refused to budge. I know what my time is worth, and as a general rule, when people are looking for cheap work, they’re also a nightmare to deal with.

Long story short, if you have a price, stick with it.

Yeah!!! very true!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t want to work for free either! It’s just a strategy for the beginning as a way to create a portfolio.

The refund is not a problem, I doubt someone would really ask for a $5 refund after receiving quality work, just knowing I’m willing to do it already contributes a lot!

Yes, let’s see how it turns out, I hope it goes well 😃

ask for a $5 refund after receiving quality work, just knowing I’m willing to do it already contributes a lot!

No but it will bring down your reputation if you do it.

In order to give a refund, you’d need to cancel an order. Every cancellation, regardless of the reason, counts against your profile.

What you’re wanting to do is in the same league as offering unlimited revisions. Please don’t do that either.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t want to work for free either! It’s just a strategy for the beginning as a way to create a portfolio.

The refund is not a problem, I doubt someone would really ask for a $5 refund after receiving quality work, just knowing I’m willing to do it already contributes a lot!

Yes, let’s see how it turns out, I hope it goes well 😃

I hope your strategy will work out well for you, just, please keep in mind, if people actually ask for refunds (and there are quite a few people here who won´t have whatsoever qualms to do that, you´ll find more than enough topics from sellers who have been scammed for free work, and that kind of people might well not only abuse your offer but also bring others of the same kind) and you need to cancel orders, your ‘order completion rate’ will suffer, and you won´t be able to level up or will be demoted, since you need minimum 90% in your order completion rating to sustain your level/level up.

We all hope it goes well for you, but as fellow sellers, we´d hate to have to read about you getting lots of buyers who abuse this and we´ve read, or even experienced, enough to want to warn you. Good luck, either way! 🍀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Do you think it’s really a good thing to make your gig price lower because of the competitors ?? I know we will get more sales if we do that…But I always feels like it is useless to work more and get a low payment… What you guys think??

Last day I went to the garage , and my boyfriend told me ‘here it’s so cheap and the work is good , that’s why I always come here’

I was thinking about that… But??? More work and get paid less??? You mean is it fine??

But I always feels like it is useless to work more and get a low payment

It worked for me. I get fewer but bigger orders and less or no trouble.

Raise your prices a little

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, danielfv0 said:

It worked for me. I get fewer but bigger orders and less or no trouble. Raise your prices a little

On 2/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, ssj1236 said:

Less Price = More Work but less pay
High Price = More Pay but less work

You decide what you want.

Thank you for replying 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

$70CAD for a song of Mantras and Chants?! Sorry to say this but you can get mantras free on youtube for longer than 30 minutes with relaxing vibrations. I’m a hindu and I like your chanting but i would say not to overprice something so much. Go for a bit lower price and longer chanting.

Shubh Labh

This is for the buyers who need newest recordings for their channels to monetize. People earn thousands of money after buying a little chant. I have no rights after I deliver. So, this is only a one time fee. Also I did not want to go for $5. No one bought me mics, mic stands, sound cards and laptops for free…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is for the buyers who need newest recordings for their channels to monetize. People earn thousands of money after buying a little chant. I have no rights after I deliver. So, this is only a one time fee. Also I did not want to go for $5. No one bought me mics, mic stands, sound cards and laptops for free…

I understand but in my opinion if it was repeated for 108 times I would buy a mantra recording for 100 dollars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...