Is it against the RULES to cancel orders based on a COUNTRY?

neromare

@newsmike

@gig_freak

I really filled it all with clarifications.

Gig #1 under question:

About This Gig

★ Before ordering, please read the FAQ!

To avoid miscommunication and any confusion, you have to.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a refund if I find your work to be of LOW QUALITY?

No, you most certainly CANNOT get a refund. That is because I always put my heart and soul in all of my work. I tirelessly work for hours to complete projects, and two are not alike. I don’t just copy-paste. It’s all ORIGINAL CONTENT, and my style is UNIQUE. I don’t do “low quality”.

Can I get a refund if I find your completed work NOT FUNNY?

Humor is subjective. All of my American, Canadian, Australian, European, African and Asian and Middle Eastern clients find my work “insanely cracking and amusing” and “one of a kind”, but maybe you won’t find it funny. It may not suit you. I suggest you talk to me first, get to know me.

Why should I get to know you BEFORE ORDERING?

If I’m not a match for what you need, or you don’t really like me, and you find my humor “dull”, there’s no point in ordering. You can find thousands of good writers around here. I’m not the only one. If we’re “not on the same wave” – it won’t work. Talk to me. I answer quickly!

Please, you should really READ THIS!

Fiverr ToS: Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received

What really is your SPECIALTY?

I’m weird. And my articles are weird. And cringy. If you like CRINGE, I’m your guy.

Gig #2 under question:

★ What if the speech is not funny in the end?

Read the full FAQ below, please. It’s funny for 99% of the people who order with me, but could not be funny to you. You could be that 1%. People are different. And humor is subjective. The Russians have a saying. “In taste and color, there are no comrades.” — Russian proverb.

Same FAQ.

I hope this helps. :rofl:

It is straight to the point. I have mine posted in the gig description, in the FAQ’s, in the custom offer verbiage I send and on the order page where they have to hit the button that says they accept the terms. And still 1 in 200 will miss it and be a PIA. But that’s not many.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is straight to the point. I have mine posted in the gig description, in the FAQ’s, in the custom offer verbiage I send and on the order page where they have to hit the button that says they accept the terms. And still 1 in 200 will miss it and be a PIA. But that’s not many.

PIA

I’m happy I opened this thread. So much information. Information overload is always good.

Yeah. Better let them know. A small margin to “move around” later.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just googled PIA and it returned “Pakistan International Airlines”. Can’t but laugh. I think it’s not this you were trying to say.

@prroducer99plus GoFundMe for example doesn’t have Bulgaria in the list. But it does support Italy, which is 2 feet away from me. You can’t raise a donation if you’re from my country. So is that “discrimination”?

Your example makes no sense. First of all I don’t get why some of you put words in quotes as if they don’t exist with a real defintion. Discrimination has a defeinition: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Refusing to work with someone solely off the basis that they are from a certain country is discrimination. This is a fact. Point blank period.

Now to your left field example. GoFundMe is not in Bulgaria not due to the fact that they don’t want to work with people in Bulgaria. They aren’t in Bulgaria because Bulgaria doesn’t support their payment partners. They CAN’T be in Bulgaria. It’s not that they chose not to.

As I said before, DON’T be that guy…

Your example makes no sense. First of all I don’t get why some of you put words in quotes as if they don’t exist with a real defintion. Discrimination has a defeinition: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Refusing to work with someone solely off the basis that they are from a certain country is discrimination. This is a fact. Point blank period.

Now to your left field example. GoFundMe is not in Bulgaria not due to the fact that they don’t want to work with people in Bulgaria. They aren’t in Bulgaria because Bulgaria doesn’t support their payment partners. They CAN’T be in Bulgaria. It’s not that they chose not to.

As I said before, DON’T be that guy…

@prroducer99plus I posted this thread for a reason.

But I can’t understand. How “Bulgaria doesn’t support their payment partners”, when GoFundMe uses PayPal, and PayPal is in Bulgaria since 2005? I don’t follow your logic.

PIA

I’m happy I opened this thread. So much information. Information overload is always good.

Yeah. Better let them know. A small margin to “move around” later.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just googled PIA and it returned “Pakistan International Airlines”. Can’t but laugh. I think it’s not this you were trying to say.

I just googled PIA and it returned “Pakistan International Airlines”.

Sometimes comedy happens accidentally, but I meant pain in the arse. LOL

@prroducer99plus I posted this thread for a reason.

But I can’t understand. How “Bulgaria doesn’t support their payment partners”, when GoFundMe uses PayPal, and PayPal is in Bulgaria since 2005? I don’t follow your logic.

Ok…? And? I just gave you your answer. You can do whatever you want, but it’s called discrimination.

And it’s not my logic. You can Google it yourself. Places like the US Virgin Islands, Peurto Rico, etc. All use PayPal. They also are on the list of countries that don’t have access to GoFundMe because they dont supoort their payment partners. Payment partners go way deeper than just “paypal”. Paypal is a facilitator and ONE of the payment partners, but they aren’t the deciding factor.

@prroducer99plus GoFundMe for example doesn’t have Bulgaria in the list. But it does support Italy, which is 2 feet away from me. You can’t raise a donation if you’re from my country. So is that “discrimination”?

So is that “discrimination”?

You are forgetting, the fashion statement of the moment (taking the place of a 3 pound dog in your purse) is that EVERYTHING is discrimination, and pointing it out makes you a good person.

Ok…? And? I just gave you your answer. You can do whatever you want, but it’s called discrimination.

And it’s not my logic. You can Google it yourself. Places like the US Virgin Islands, Peurto Rico, etc. All use PayPal. They also are on the list of countries that don’t have access to GoFundMe because they dont supoort their payment partners. Payment partners go way deeper than just “paypal”. Paypal is a facilitator and ONE of the payment partners, but they aren’t the deciding factor.

payment partners

A very vague information. Do you really believe something so vague? And do you really believe it’s not because of the scams originating from specific countries?

I’m not sure if you know, but some African countries are even banned from eBay.

payment partners

A very vague information. Do you really believe something so vague? And do you really believe it’s not because of the scams originating from specific countries?

I’m not sure if you know, but some African countries are even banned from eBay.

It’s not about what I believe. It’s about what’s stated on their website. It’s also about your question. If you want to KNOW why certain countries don’t have access to certain websites, Google it or ask them.

The fact remains the same, refusing to work with someone solely based on the fact that they are from a certain country is discrimination. You randomly bringing up countries who don’t have access to certain websites doesn’t change that.

It’s not about what I believe. It’s about what’s stated on their website. It’s also about your question. If you want to KNOW why certain countries don’t have access to certain websites, Google it or ask them.

The fact remains the same, refusing to work with someone solely based on the fact that they are from a certain country is discrimination. You randomly bringing up countries who don’t have access to certain websites doesn’t change that.

@prroducer99plus PewDiePie trolled Fiverr around 5 times, as far as I remember. He made videos about that. He basically ordered some offensive stuff, and Fiverr blocked him. Then he would just make another profile for 5 mins and order again. He was eventually banned, but he got his products.

My question is this. If someone could make 5 profiles and order 5 times with the same PayPal / Credit card, what stops anyone to register 10 PayPals, or get 10 Credit cards, and order a bunch of gigs, then open up disputes and get it for free?

How do you stop that exactly? Say you’re a newbie, like me, and you don’t know how to spot scams? New sellers go for it, like @misscrystal already said.

@prroducer99plus PewDiePie trolled Fiverr around 5 times, as far as I remember. He made videos about that. He basically ordered some offensive stuff, and Fiverr blocked him. Then he would just make another profile for 5 mins and order again. He was eventually banned, but he got his products.

My question is this. If someone could make 5 profiles and order 5 times with the same PayPal / Credit card, what stops anyone to register 10 PayPals, or get 10 Credit cards, and order a bunch of gigs, then open up disputes and get it for free?

How do you stop that exactly? Say you’re a newbie, like me, and you don’t know how to spot scams? New sellers go for it, like @misscrystal already said.

That’s not likely to happen. What is more likely is someone who says they don’t like it and they expect a refund. Often they give red flags like your bad buyer did.

The crazy thing is I’m still looking for the these answers myself. I’m aware of those videos (I actually found them funny, but I get why fiverr took the action they did).

Everyone here, even top rated sellers gets scammed. Websites for large companies like gamestop and Wal-Mart get scammed. It’s the nature of the online market place. The precautions one takes include noticing the signs early, which you can see many threads on them here on the forum. Another is having your gig description be clear and preventative, to the point that whether they want to get a refund or not is irrelevant because youre protected under the agreement of your gig, and Fiverr will often side with you. Another is offering a tagged or watermarked version of your service upon delivery, then when the buyer accepts the order they will receive the untagged product.

There’s a lot of ways we all survive the online market place and make safe and good money. But we’re never going to STOP scammers. It’s just not possible from our end. Paypal chargebacks, stolen credit cards, etc. Are just things we aren’t in control of.

@prroducer99plus

Everyone here, even top rated sellers gets scammed. Websites for large companies like gamestop and Wal-Mart get scammed.

Don’t even go there. No way you can compare Walmart to Fiverr top sellers. One being a huge corporation that doesn’t really care about losses, and the other counting every client and taking it as a blessing.

Another is offering a tagged or watermarked version of your service upon delivery, then when the buyer accepts the order they will receive the untagged product.

And that sounds REALLY SMART, I like the idea. At first at least. Later when I think about it… But I’m not sure if that won’t go against the rules, speaking about rules. Even from my peasant perspective, you delivering a watermarked version and waiting for approval or good feedback, so you can then deliver the raw files, or whatever, looks like BLACKMAIL to me.

Plus if I’m a normal buyer, and I was really happy, and you slapped me across my face with a distrust like that, I will be pissed as hell.

Anyone with more experience than me to confirm, is that against ToS?

Let’s quickly clarify that because someone could actually TAKE THIS ADVICE, and go down for good. Off he goes.

@prroducer99plus

Everyone here, even top rated sellers gets scammed. Websites for large companies like gamestop and Wal-Mart get scammed.

Don’t even go there. No way you can compare Walmart to Fiverr top sellers. One being a huge corporation that doesn’t really care about losses, and the other counting every client and taking it as a blessing.

Another is offering a tagged or watermarked version of your service upon delivery, then when the buyer accepts the order they will receive the untagged product.

And that sounds REALLY SMART, I like the idea. At first at least. Later when I think about it… But I’m not sure if that won’t go against the rules, speaking about rules. Even from my peasant perspective, you delivering a watermarked version and waiting for approval or good feedback, so you can then deliver the raw files, or whatever, looks like BLACKMAIL to me.

Plus if I’m a normal buyer, and I was really happy, and you slapped me across my face with a distrust like that, I will be pissed as hell.

Let’s quickly clarify that because someone could actually TAKE THIS ADVICE, and go down for good. Off he goes.

is that against ToS

Yes - it is against the ToS - you can’t hold a buyer to ransom with your own watermarked version.

Plus, it’s really interesting how are you gonna deliver “a watermarked version” if you’re a writer? Send a .JPEG file with the text? You can’t put a watermark on a text. Technically you can on a .PDF file, but I will just go and copy the text off the .PDF file, so…

is that against ToS

Yes - it is against the ToS - you can’t hold a buyer to ransom with your own watermarked version.

you can’t hold a buyer to ransom with your own watermarked version.

In the design category, the watermark is automatically provided by Fiverr, once the buyer marks the order as completed the watermark is automatically lost. It’s defintiely a win! 🙂

In the design category, the watermark is automatically provided by Fiverr, once the buyer marks the order as completed the watermark is automatically lost. It’s defintiely a win! 🙂

In videos as well - what I mean is you can’t add your own watermark as well as the Fiverr one - hope that makes sense! ☀️

@prroducer99plus

1. Actually I can compare it. I’m not comparing the loss. I’m comparing the risk. You asked how to prevent it and I told you you can’t. Then you went on a tangent about large corporations. I never said that. That’s not the point. The point is that you can’t prevent online scamming. A large corporation can’t, and neither can a fiverr top seller.

2. People do actually take that advice. Its very common place. I’ve never personally done it. But this is the advice you can find on the forum with a simple search. And it’s not against terms of service watermark is automatically provided by fiverr. But that depends on the way you deliver it. And it’s not what blackmail is. But I don’t feel like going into semantics again.

I also don’t do a writing gig so that’s a better question for a person who does. You asked how does a seller protect themselves and that was a quick rundown of the precautions that sellers take. Again, they are not fool proof. They are only precautions.

This is what I was referring to. Sellers deliver tagged versions until order is accepted.

Watermark where? I often send .RARs.

I have a video thing, and it does have a watermark. But if I put that inside a .RAR or .ZIP, gudbuy my protection, my only one, my dear.

I don’t use “.Rar” or “.Zip” because many clients are scared to open them, or they are on a mobile and not all of them are able to open those files.

Archived