Voice Over & Profanity

lamonthenley1

Yes, yes I have. I am more concerned about content as opposed to profanity. As long as it is not hateful or sexually explicit, I am ok with it. Sometimes necessary for a fictional piece, other times for emphasis, Like flverr’s “get shit done thing.”

Hey Mike, always glad to get a response from you. Its good to know that a VO artist such as yourself has been offered and has no problem with the occasional use of profanity. I completely agree that content makes all the difference in ones decision to accept a script that asks for profanity. Hopefully topics like this can help other newcomers to Fiverr feel a little more at ease with asking questions that they may be a little nervous about. Once again, thank you your input, it is always greatly appreciated.

I have one client who insists that I leave all the mistakes in the files I send, curses and all. They find it funny.

I am SO careful about not swearing when I am recording (as I generally have the worst potty mouth) just in case I send the raw recorded file instead of the finished edited file by mistake 😆

I’m sure it is nice to sometimes just be yourself when recording a VO. Though I haven’t done any work on Fiverr as of yet, I can definitely see myself cursing while recording a script if I were to make a mistake because it’s so natural for me to do so in my everyday life. Thank you very much for your response.

Hey Mike, always glad to get a response from you. Its good to know that a VO artist such as yourself has been offered and has no problem with the occasional use of profanity. I completely agree that content makes all the difference in ones decision to accept a script that asks for profanity. Hopefully topics like this can help other newcomers to Fiverr feel a little more at ease with asking questions that they may be a little nervous about. Once again, thank you your input, it is always greatly appreciated.

Hey Mike, always glad to get a response from you.

Thanks, that’s very nice. Overall you have to decide what you are comfortable with sometimes it is beyond profanity and other content. I had to turn down someone who wanted me to read lines as Lucifer that were a bit disturbing, which were to be mixed into Electronica music for a DJ. I just wouldn’t feel right if my read as Lucifer caused someone on alcohol, and who knows what else to hack up the family.

I have one client who insists that I leave all the mistakes in the files I send, curses and all. They find it funny.

I am SO careful about not swearing when I am recording (as I generally have the worst potty mouth) just in case I send the raw recorded file instead of the finished edited file by mistake 😆

Off topic (sort of) but Sue, I need to find a reason to order a VO from you with swearing and ad libbing. With that in addition to the accent, it would have me giggling and I need giggles! Hmmmm…

Off topic (sort of) but Sue, I need to find a reason to order a VO from you with swearing and ad libbing. With that in addition to the accent, it would have me giggling and I need giggles! Hmmmm…

haha I’ll just recording myself on a frustrating day and you can put it on in the background and giggle away when you hear me shouting you **** you’ve got to be ****ing joking etc :rofl:

Archived