Why Buyers MUST contact seller before ordering

flomaestro

Totally agree! In fact, I would like to contact some sellers about ordering but am not tech savvy so don’t know where to begin finding a seller or whether I need two different sellers for a job; don’t know which categories/boxes to select. I have a searchable database program that needs to be rewritten in a current software format and made installable on Windows computers from CD-ROM, memory card/stick, and downloadable from our website.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Totally agree! In fact, I would like to contact some sellers about ordering but am not tech savvy so don’t know where to begin finding a seller or whether I need two different sellers for a job; don’t know which categories/boxes to select. I have a searchable database program that needs to be rewritten in a current software format and made installable on Windows computers from CD-ROM, memory card/stick, and downloadable from our website.

don’t know where to begin finding a seller

This may be helpful to you: https://buyers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-buyer-requests-effectively

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I agree on the topic. I must have lost hundreds of 5$ gigs just because random buyers place a 5$ order and ask me to do something worth 60$ or even 230$ ! And when i explain why the cost is the base, ( because in 3D animation, the cost is depended on how complex and how long the duration of each animation would be )

The buyers would say, oh… sorry. i dont have that amount of budget and cancel up the order.

Would that be my fault ? since gigs start at 5$, and there are simple stuff that i can do for 5$… i cannot increase the base gig price.

Fiverr really needs to have a order gate for buyers where both the buyer and seller can discuss BEFORE going into the order. 🙂

I agree! At a VERY MINIMUM I think the seller should have the option to approve, deny or request revision for an order request!!! Because buyers can just order whatever they please, at whatever base price they please and then the seller tends to somehow be wrong if they have an issue afterwards.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

One of the main things that came out of this discussion is that there needs to be a fiverr function where an order can be cancelled on mutual agreement without any penalty for seller or buyer.

Sellers are living in fear of having to cancel those $5 orders which are incorrectly made or ‘on a whim’.

It’s not healthy to work like this and it doesn’t contribute to a positive working environment on this platform. Does anyone know why it still works like this?

mitch_cman, is there some place on the Forum area where your comment can be entered and possibly be heard by the Fiverr decision-makers…rather than buried here way down in this thread?

• Like 6

@flomaestro
100% agreed with your points and suggestion, and I hope that Fiverr will make some significant changes in the interest of buyers and sellers. Fiverr needs to start the training courses for sellers and make them professional as, they are here to earn something, they are consuming their precious time, so what if Fiverr trains them free training according to their talent. The main advantage will be in favor of the buyers at least buyers will be happy with the performance of sellers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@flomaestro

100% agreed with your points and suggestion, and I hope that Fiverr will make some significant changes in the interest of buyers and sellers. Fiverr needs to start the training courses for sellers and make them professional as, they are here to earn something, they are consuming their precious time, so what if Fiverr trains them free training according to their talent. The main advantage will be in favor of the buyers at least buyers will be happy with the performance of sellers.

Fiverr needs to start the training courses for sellers

There’s already a free course for sellers.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi Sarwar7bd, unfortunately most buyers don’t know that cancellation affects the business of the seller. Maybe it will help if seller’s write boldly in the gig description - MESSAGE ME BEFORE PLACINF AN ORDER.

Just thinking…lol

unfortunately most buyers don’t know that cancellation affects the business of the seller. Maybe it will help if seller’s write boldly in the gig description - MESSAGE ME BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER.

Hi @flomaestro, You are right, but the issue is that the buyer is not contacting after reading this, they are expecting top-quality professional work for just $5, which is unfair as we know that nobody is perfect and we are always in a learning process, so at least buyers have to give a chance to those who are in a beginner stage. Dollar 5 is not a significant amount in front of buyers.

I am from Pakistan, and we are in different timezone with buyers, and most of the buyers are from the US, Canada, and the UK. I am earning more than this in my country. So why I am working on Fiverr because I want to get the experience and also want to make good and reasonable money on freelancing.

• Like 8

I would do that, but most of my customers are actually resellers. Private buyers are much easier to negotiate with but resellers have a fixed deadline and budget etc. themselves so there’s only so much they can do, I guess. And I’ve hardly ever worked with a reseller who paid me enough that I could afford to outsource. But that is more of my own personal issue and doesn’t have much to do with the customers you are addressing here. 🙂

Unfortunately, this happens, but it may be once, if you order the service for the second or third time, it seems to me that it is not necessary to write to him and then order, you can just order

• Like 5

For me, I mostly dislike when I’m contacted before placing an order. It’s a waste of my time where I 90% receive a “can you make me a banner?” and I have to answer that a million times and my FAQ says I can make you a darn banner and my gig says I’ll make you a banner STOP ASKING ME IF I CAN MAKE YOU A BANNER. 😃

• Like 10

For me, I mostly dislike when I’m contacted before placing an order. It’s a waste of my time where I 90% receive a “can you make me a banner?” and I have to answer that a million times and my FAQ says I can make you a darn banner and my gig says I’ll make you a banner STOP ASKING ME IF I CAN MAKE YOU A BANNER. 😃

STOP ASKING ME IF I CAN MAKE YOU A BANNER

I get a lot of: “I need a poster, can you help?” It’s like it physically hurts people to be a tiny bit more specific. What’s even the point, it’s just spam when it’s all the information you’re going to provide.

• Like 8

I get a lot of: “I need a poster, can you help?” It’s like it physically hurts people to be a tiny bit more specific. What’s even the point, it’s just spam when it’s all the information you’re going to provide.

Girl, ME.

EVERY. Single. DARN. Time.

• Like 3

I agree! At a VERY MINIMUM I think the seller should have the option to approve, deny or request revision for an order request!!! Because buyers can just order whatever they please, at whatever base price they please and then the seller tends to somehow be wrong if they have an issue afterwards.

Yes mutual consent is better than one sided.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I get a lot of: “I need a poster, can you help?”

“I need a script.”

“For a video.”

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1

Oh yes. Mostly when buyer just placing an order without contacting me first it’s always such a pain for me.
Especially because many of them don’t read packages description and even THE GIG TITLE.
I have a gig with vector illustrations for beauty business and some guy ordered a picture of his furry character
Funny and sad at the same time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The reason buyers don’t like contacting first is because 90% of sellers advertise cheaper and almost ALWAYS ask “Whats your budget” and attempts to milk the buyer for more!

I can’t count the number of times I’ve contacted a seller and asked for exactly what they are advertising, and the price is now 3X higher than they are advertising! This happens almost EVERY TIME I contact a seller…Actually, the “Whats your budget” question is almost one of the very first questions asked! Even before the buyer tells you want they want, the seller is already asking you the BUDGET!!

There is MASSIVE and BLATANT false advertising here… If A seller advertises XYZ services for XX amount, as long as my request is covered in their gig description, I will just order. The seller can either do what he/she advertised or cancel. Plain and Simple…

I don’t want to hear the excuse of being backlogged etc. Just change your delivery time, or pause your offering to catchup.

It seems to me, most sellers want buyers to contact so they can jack the price up and cherry-pick the easy and quick work that pays the highest.

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1

The reason buyers don’t like contacting first is because 90% of sellers advertise cheaper and almost ALWAYS ask “Whats your budget” and attempts to milk the buyer for more!

I can’t count the number of times I’ve contacted a seller and asked for exactly what they are advertising, and the price is now 3X higher than they are advertising! This happens almost EVERY TIME I contact a seller…Actually, the “Whats your budget” question is almost one of the very first questions asked! Even before the buyer tells you want they want, the seller is already asking you the BUDGET!!

There is MASSIVE and BLATANT false advertising here… If A seller advertises XYZ services for XX amount, as long as my request is covered in their gig description, I will just order. The seller can either do what he/she advertised or cancel. Plain and Simple…

I don’t want to hear the excuse of being backlogged etc. Just change your delivery time, or pause your offering to catchup.

It seems to me, most sellers want buyers to contact so they can jack the price up and cherry-pick the easy and quick work that pays the highest.

I’m sorry this happens to you. Those particular sellers don’t understand sales.

I have a feeling the sellers who do this are really undercharging in their gig prices. I imagine if you contact sellers who are charging by value instead of very low rates, you won’t deal with this. People who charge very little are less likely to be professional.

• Like 5
  • Up 1