Why Buyers MUST contact seller before ordering

flomaestro

Btw, i have 20 gigs. For 19 of them, buyers do not need to contact me. Everything is written detailly in each gig page.

However, i also offer a custom video editing sevice. For this gig, buyers should contact me before place order so i can give exact delivery time and price.

Fiverr is not design for my this custom gig. I hope there should be an update for future for such services. Maybe price wont be written or contact button instead of place order button.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Have had 5 mistake orders this month, still am at new level seller due to other peoples mistakes, fiverr can be doing so much more to help sellers, the level system is very flawed but of course they wont listen…

I had dropped from 100% ratings before, largely due to wrong orders. They just kept coming.

It disturbed me to the extent I was thinking it could be a sabotage by another seller somewhere even though I knew it was not true.

That’s how I felt at the time. Wrong orders are the most painful. And it could have been avoided if the buyer had asked questions…

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I believe if your gig description is comprehensive enough, the buyer can go ahead and place an order.

But a case of bypass can take place when reading the gig description.

If you read and understand the description as well as the price, please place an order.

If not, please contact me with any questions.

It’s that simple.

I do believe my gig description might not be comprehensive enough for everyone, that’s one of the main reasons a buyer should contact me first.

Also to know if we deem fit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree, at least if the gigs info say - contact first. That’s ok if buyers order something that fits standard gig conditions, but there often buyers need something different that can be only discussed and agreed, including difference in prices and timing.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

I also agree with the above said. If a gig description clearly states that " you get this for this much" and the buyer just specifically wants that, there are no issues at all. I have gone through more than 100 order cancellations throughout 2013 to today because of some buyers ordering before discussing and later cancelling the order telling that the actual cost was too much after i had explained.lol.

After all, what person goes to a shop and blindly purchases some random stuff, hoping that those would fit into the buidget at the check out!? i would categorize the buyers who discuss prior ordering as the light side. and the ones who doesnt as the dark side.

😛

• Like 7

I keep seeing this demand, “contact seller before ordering,” but that’s not the way Fiverr was designed.

If I search, click on a gig, I see “Proceed to Order” first, then “Contact Me” under the seller’s name.

This is why you can’t expect buyers to always contact you. If Fiverr ever changes the mechanics so buyers see “Contact Me” instead of proceed to order, then you’ll get your wish.

Until then, you have to be ready to serve your clients. If you really want them to contact you first, then raise your prices to the most expensive levels and then disclose your real prices in the gig description. The only drawback with this is that seeing high prices is the search results might discourage people from clicking on your gigs.

I keep seeing this demand, “contact seller before ordering,” but that’s not the way Fiverr was designed.

Although that might be true, Fiverr allows different types of gigs that do require communication beforehand. It then makes sense to request a message.

I think one of the issues on the topic of messaging a seller before ordering is that each seller is (obviously) selling something different. Some gigs require minimal communication, just a “here is what I need, go at it” versus a gig that requires a lot of communication like a “I want such-and-such a thing” and “hm, that doesn’t look right”. The latter requires a back and forth dialogue between the seller and the buyer.

Personally, I request that the buyer contact me first because all my gigs are art-related. I want to make sure that the image I create is tailored close to the Client’s vision as much as possible. I try to keep open communication and ask for feedback during the whole process.

I think that Fiverr should then create an option where the only way to purchase from the seller is to message them first. It could be an option you toggle on and off.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Although that might be true, Fiverr allows different types of gigs that do require communication beforehand. It then makes sense to request a message.

I think one of the issues on the topic of messaging a seller before ordering is that each seller is (obviously) selling something different. Some gigs require minimal communication, just a “here is what I need, go at it” versus a gig that requires a lot of communication like a “I want such-and-such a thing” and “hm, that doesn’t look right”. The latter requires a back and forth dialogue between the seller and the buyer.

Personally, I request that the buyer contact me first because all my gigs are art-related. I want to make sure that the image I create is tailored close to the Client’s vision as much as possible. I try to keep open communication and ask for feedback during the whole process.

I think that Fiverr should then create an option where the only way to purchase from the seller is to message them first. It could be an option you toggle on and off.

That’s my point. The fact that such option doesn’t exist means you’re going to get orders you don’t want, unless your prices are too high which means buyers are less likely to message you, except for hagglers.

Pre-order communication is often annoying, suppose I’m in bed, ready to go to sleep, and someone messages me 5 minutes ago. How will he feel if I respond 8 hours later? But if he orders right away, and I don’t have questions, maybe I’ll be able to deliver the order that very day.

• Like 9

Hi guys, good day to you. For me personally I love with a buyer contacts me before ordering. Why? Because I feel its best to have a conversation to truly understand the buyers needs so that I can deliver exactly what they desire. Sometimes in a conversation with a buyer I find that what they desire becomes even clearer to them and inst that why we offer our services to ensure that our clients gets the best result for there money? Remember no clients means no business. Have a great day.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

My experience as a buyer has shown that it is best to message a seller prior to ordering. Of course there is a delay but you are saving yourself from unpleasant surprises.

Some time ago I needed to buy some simple gigs from a few models. I was in a hurry so I just read gig descriptions and reviews and ordered without messaging first. Two sellers never delivered or replied. So after the cancellation I was left not only with delay in my project but also with some dollars in my Fiverr balance that I was not allowed to withdraw, but only use for future purchases.

This is not a tragedy of course, but it was not a pleasure. Since then I always message. Hopefully the sellers don’t get annoyed 🙂

• Like 10

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for this. There are a lot of professionals on Fiverr but sometimes it takes a bit of research. I understand how frustrating it is and hope you will give it another shot.

I think one major problem with the video category is, some buyers do not know the difference between sellers that produce videos with templates and the ones that create custom videos.

You are limited to the templates in your library, but with a custom video, you have a limitless possibility.

yes you are also right in your saying

• Like 5

My experience as a buyer has shown that it is best to message a seller prior to ordering. Of course there is a delay but you are saving yourself from unpleasant surprises.

Some time ago I needed to buy some simple gigs from a few models. I was in a hurry so I just read gig descriptions and reviews and ordered without messaging first. Two sellers never delivered or replied. So after the cancellation I was left not only with delay in my project but also with some dollars in my Fiverr balance that I was not allowed to withdraw, but only use for future purchases.

This is not a tragedy of course, but it was not a pleasure. Since then I always message. Hopefully the sellers don’t get annoyed 🙂

My experience as a buyer has shown that it is best to message a seller prior to ordering.

As a seller, I don’t mind one or two questions, but it’s really annoying when I’m asked about prices, or what happens if they don’t like my work.

I told him I don’t like to work for free (that happens when you refund). This what his response:

“no one works for free, it is a question anyone would ask, what is your protocol if the names are not what we are looking for? Do you help revise them, or you charge for next round, but thank you I got my answer no wonder why you on fiverr selling your self.”

I am this close to blocking him. He hasn’t even ordered and is already insulting me: “no wonder why you on fiverr selling your self.”

I’m selling my talents! Buyers are so annoying sometimes.

• Like 10