Time to write a letter

zeus777

I’m going to bust out my fancy fountain pen, my pretty pink letter paper, the golden wax and seal stamp to write a letter.

Nah, it ain’t a love letter. It’s the opposite, a goodbye letter.

I am ready to tell this certain buyer ( a repeat one) that I am no longer willing to
accept orders. The buyer has just become a pain in the butt.

Weird thing is, I am 99% sure this person has been rejected by me 3 times in the past.
Things are fine at first, then soon gets painful, I tell the person goodbye.
The person will close the account, create a new one with a new name, and contact me as a
new buyer…but after a few orders I notice a familiar pattern with the buyer’s behavior…and I tell the person goodbye.
This is gonna be goodbye #4 I think.

I need to choose my words though.
Thinking thinking thinking…

Aww, he/she is in love with your work! 😍

But if they are painful, you better get out your :pen: and start writing!

Yeah, this person is tough to deal with.

Things are fine at first, she/he will shower you with compliments, but soon messages like

Oh that is SO perfect! That is SO amazing!

Buuuuut don’t you feel it will be even better if you so and so?

You know, just saying. But if you can be an angel/rock star/superstar and do it for me,

it would soooo nice.

or

Wow, so amazing and perfect! I am so happy!

Hmmm, is it just me, but it would be beyond amazing if so and so?

Oh silly me, I should have said this at the start.

I know the work looks amazing as it is, but if you feel like it,

please feel free to add so and so. You can get adventurous!

And if I decide NOT to add it ( since it will cost another gig)

She will pay for the extra, but then try to squeeze in more.

Once or twice is OK, but after a while it really starts to get annoying, and I know

that all I need to do is just ask to add another extra, but for me it’s just reading those

messages that keeps coming. It’s like she’s shoving sugar down my throat.

Assuming it’s the same person each time, the first few orders go normal, but once the

"You are so amazing" starts, you slowly start to think is this that same person…???

And it’s happened 3 times.

I won’t be surprised if she came back later on with another account and new name,

but for now I don’t want to deal with this person. :roll_eyes:

maybe I should hire a writer to come up with a nice letter for me. 😅

Things are fine at first, she/he will shower you with compliments, but soon messages like

You know, just saying. But if you can be an angel/rock star/superstar and do it for me,

it would soooo nice.

or

Once or twice is OK, but after a while it really starts to get annoying, and I know

that all I need to do is just ask to add another extra, but for me it’s just reading those

Assuming it’s the same person each time, the first few orders go normal, but once the

"You are so amazing" starts, you slowly start to think is this that same person…???

I won’t be surprised if she came back later on with another account and new name,

Perhaps something like: “I’m truly sorry, but I don’t feel that I’m a good match for your needs. No matter what I do, it looks like I never quite understand exactly what you’d like, and we end up spending a lot of time on revisions. I’m sure you’d be much happier with another artist, with someone who understands you better and gets it right the first time. I wish you the best of luck with your projects!”

it would soooo nice.

or

Sometimes I like to be very direct and not hold back exactly what the problem is although I know this technique is not right for everyone.

So with that in mind I would say:

Hello,

__I sometimes have buyers who say things that I find are more than I am able to deal with such as the following: __

it would soooo nice.

or

_This style of communication is not what I can work with. _

I create images that are my own artwork and when any client wants

_changes to what I have drawn, it then becomes not only much more work, but also no longer my own creation. _

Based on this, I am not a good match for you. I hope you can find an artist who can better meet your needs. I do apologize for any inconvenience this causes you. I wish you good luck in the New Year.

I know how polite you are, and this is probably too heavy handed for you though. But I usually find that clients are appreciative of direct communication, but if they aren’t, oh well.

catwriter has a much more polite, delicate, message which conveys the same thing. I like that very much.

I chose this direct approach based on the fact that this client keeps reappearing with new accounts, so they would realize you are on to them, and know exactly why you can’t work with them.

Perhaps something like: “I’m truly sorry, but I don’t feel that I’m a good match for your needs. No matter what I do, it looks like I never quite understand exactly what you’d like, and we end up spending a lot of time on revisions. I’m sure you’d be much happier with another artist, with someone who understands you better and gets it right the first time. I wish you the best of luck with your projects!”

“I’m truly sorry, but I don’t feel that I’m a good match for your needs. No matter what I do, it looks like I never quite understand exactly what you’d like, and we end up spending a lot of time on revisions. I’m sure you’d be much happier with another artist, with someone who understands you better and gets it right the first time. I wish you the best of luck with your projects!”

Thanks! I will use your kind words for one of my clients 😉

Thank you so much Catwriter and Miss Crystal!
I think I will try to combine both examples you two gave me.
Right now I’ll wait for her to accept the final delivery and then I’ll send her the
message.
I’ll be blocking her too since I won’t want to get any OH NO I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE SO
AMAZING messages from her. 😣

Thank you so much Catwriter and Miss Crystal!

I think I will try to combine both examples you two gave me.

Right now I’ll wait for her to accept the final delivery and then I’ll send her the

message.

I’ll be blocking her too since I won’t want to get any OH NO I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE SO

AMAZING messages from her. 😣

But you are SO AMAZING, ARTIST! For real.

I had a client like that, which actually required me to use the fonts called “Comic Sans” and “Impact” on my designs. Everything that I made, she required revisions, and I realized the more outdated and ugly design I create for her, she would love it a lot more. However, after I was done with her project which was in revision for two months, yeah, like you said she paid extra, but it was painful and I just said:

“I don’t like to work with you anymore because I find our mutual projects time-consuming. That drags me a lot, therefore it would be best for our working relationship to stop here. Thanks a lot and I do hope that you understand, sorry for doing it, but it’s the best for both.” - I know that it was not so professional, but hack I didn’t like to work with her anymore.

But you are SO AMAZING, ARTIST! For real.

I had a client like that, which actually required me to use the fonts called “Comic Sans” and “Impact” on my designs. Everything that I made, she required revisions, and I realized the more outdated and ugly design I create for her, she would love it a lot more. However, after I was done with her project which was in revision for two months, yeah, like you said she paid extra, but it was painful and I just said:

“I don’t like to work with you anymore because I find our mutual projects time-consuming. That drags me a lot, therefore it would be best for our working relationship to stop here. Thanks a lot and I do hope that you understand, sorry for doing it, but it’s the best for both.” - I know that it was not so professional, but hack I didn’t like to work with her anymore.

I actually had to fire a client today who placed an order and then cancelled only to return. I have decided that if you cancel an order, you are dead to me.

image.png.b4c73aa5d7fa5289c2c11d4882a84f09.png

@zeus777 @gig_freak

You could always refer them to a competitor you do not care for. 😏

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh…😏

Hahaha, well jokes aside, I will add the “There are plenty of talented people here, I hope you

can find another person who can meet your needs” type of message.

BTW I’m still waiting for her to mark it as complete.

I want this thing to be done!!!

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh…😏

Hahaha, well jokes aside, I will add the “There are plenty of talented people here, I hope you

can find another person who can meet your needs” type of message.

I want this thing to be done!!!

You want Tommy and some of the fellas from Jersey to go talk to her? “Dat sure is a nice gig you got there…be a real shame if somethin’ happened to it.”

image.jpg.b5ecc305608e874f2cb1372fd0fdfeef.jpg

You want Tommy and some of the fellas from Jersey to go talk to her? “Dat sure is a nice gig you got there…be a real shame if somethin’ happened to it.”

:rofl:

Now that’s a nice lookin’ trio!

“if something happened”… that’s quite a scary line!

Oh myyyyyyyyy. :rofl:

Now that’s a nice lookin’ trio!

Yeah, that was always the great mobster threat. “That’s a nice looking family you got…be a shame if there was an accident.”

Yeah, that was always the great mobster threat. “That’s a nice looking family you got…be a shame if there was an accident.”

It’s actually a trope, called Shame If Something Happened :

favicon.icoTV Tropes

by_nook_or_by_crook.jpg

Shame If Something Happened - TV Tropes

Oh, hello, tropers. Why, isn't this a very well-written article we have here? It would be just terrible if someone were to, say, scrawl ethnic slurs all over it... The Good Guy and the Bad Guy have a meeting. The Bad Guy makes an offer. The Good …

Creepers_by_TurnThePhage_5706.png.1e5d51fba21f2d57cdf136b4a1e7e178.png

Archived