What is wrong with them?

nancy_chr

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Like I said on the video, the forum has evolved Fiverr from a marketplace into a community.

Let me look for that. I may have just found it on the forum from someone asking about stopping the clock, but I also don’t want to mislead anyone either, so I just revised it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @oldbittygrandma:

What I offer on fiverr is graphics gigs. the buyer HAS to approve the design before I close the order.

The way I work is:

-Buyer orders a banner

-They send me the info

-I send them a design sample for approval

-If they don’t like it I offer some revisions

-If they approve it they send me a message saying that it is good and they like it (this protects me from future unfair negative ratings)

-I prepare the final files and I send them all again for approval

Once they are approved I close the order.

In my case, what happened was:

-A buyer buys my banner ad gig

-Sends me some info but not enough, such as the size of the banner ad they want. If I don’t know the size, I cannot start working

-I send the buyer many messages explaining I cannot start working if I don’t know the size they want

-Buyer replies 5 hours before order expiration (my gig delivery time is 5 days!)

-I send them a low quality sample image

-buyer never responds again and I cancel order

Result: The buyer has the banner which he can easily copy and he is refunded too.

What I offer on fiverr is graphics gigs. the buyer HAS to approve the design before I close the order.

The way I work is:

-Buyer orders a banner

-They send me the info

-If they approve it they send me a message saying that it is good and they like it (this protects me from future unfair negative ratings)

-Sends me some info but not enough, such as the size of the banner ad they want. If I don’t know the size, I cannot start working

-I send the buyer many messages explaining I cannot start working if I don’t know the size they want

-Buyer replies 5 hours before order expiration (my gig delivery time is 5 days!)

Result: The buyer has the banner which he can easily copy and he is refunded too.

The way I work is:

-Buyer orders a banner

-They send me the info

The way I work is:

-Buyer orders a banner

-They send me the info

The way I work is:

-Buyer orders a banner

-They send me the info

Reply to @nancy_chr: Nancy, I think one suggestion I have for you is to have a generic banner for these cases and send them on the last day. The generic banner will have one dimension of width and height and it will say something to the effect of “Thank you for ordering my banner, please respond so we can change this”. Also, state that in your gig’s description.

This strategy would make a buyer take notice and maybe contact you.

Bruce

Reply to @nancy_chr: Nancy, I think one suggestion I have for you is to have a generic banner for these cases and send them on the last day. The generic banner will have one dimension of width and height and it will say something to the effect of “Thank you for ordering my banner, please respond so we can change this”. Also, state that in your gig’s description.

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce

Reply to @hotwebideas: That is actually a great idea 🙂

Still, buyers need to know somehow that we have a time limit. A buyer who was late sent me a message 4 days after I closed the order (9 days after he ordered) telling me that he did not know that there was a time limit.

This buyer by the way, did purchase my gig extra option for extra fast delivery…

Still, buyers need to know somehow that we have a time limit. A buyer who was late sent me a message 4 days after I closed the order (9 days after he ordered) telling me that he did not know that there was a time limit.

This buyer by the way, did purchase my gig extra option for extra fast delivery…

Archived