I want to uprising my price, How to inform our existing customers if they can get the old price?

gunawanguan

I only did this with buyers that were already purchasing at least once every two weeks, so it was easy to tell them when they placed the usual orders. I would not recommend sending notices out about this if a buyer hadn’t recently contacted you first.

If you have a buyer that contacts you after your prices are up and you want to give them an additional order or time period at the old price, you can just tell them when they contact you. 🙂

Okay, I can work in that way too.

I think it’s safer way rather than sending message to all customer like I did.

Thanks my friend @fonthaunt

You don’t need to. Just raise the price and orders will come in. When someone messages and asks about new rate, say “yes, I have too much work, need to raise rates.” That’s really all there is to it. Stop feeling guilty.

Mike is right. Don’t worry about it. They will find out your new rate and either buy from you or not.

Based on all your wonderful reviews you will still have the same amount of buyers.

$10 for five banners is still extremely cheap. The old buyers can afford it 🙂

Okay let me think of uprising my banner gig price too then.

Thanks for all your supportive word my friend.

Actually what I just raised up is my logo gig, it just went from $5 to $20 as it is now.

But thanks @misscrystal

I’m considering to uprising my header price too in short time maybe.

If I hired you for $10 and then found out that you were sneaking other buyers the same for $5, I would give you a 1 star rating for bring dishonest. When you go to Starbucks do you want to spend $4 for a coffee and find that the managers friends get it for $1?

This is a business. You have to be an adult and not be afraid to tell folks that based on demand you are raising prices.

If I hired you for $10 and then found out that you were sneaking other buyers the same for $5, I would give you a 1 star rating for bring dishonest.

That’s a bit harsh 🙂

Businesses do that all the time, some call it a loyalty program and others call it something else, but there’s nothing wrong giving different prices to long-term customers. As long as you receive quality work it shouldn’t matter what others paid for it.

I give discounts all the time to old customers I enjoyed working with. Besides, if I already know their business and their expectations, it takes me less time to add a new feature to their website. I even give discounts when I find client’s project interesting or when it’s for a great cause. I doubt anyone will give me 1 star rating because I gave a discount 🙂

@gunawanguan

However, I do agree with previous sellers that you don’t have to give a discount. It’s your call really 😉

When a customer makes an order you can say to them that next time they should contact you for a custom offer and that’s it. Don’t spam them, just mention it with the delivery.

If I hired you for $10 and then found out that you were sneaking other buyers the same for $5, I would give you a 1 star rating for bring dishonest.

That’s a bit harsh 🙂

Businesses do that all the time, some call it a loyalty program and others call it something else, but there’s nothing wrong giving different prices to long-term customers. As long as you receive quality work it shouldn’t matter what others paid for it.

I give discounts all the time to old customers I enjoyed working with. Besides, if I already know their business and their expectations, it takes me less time to add a new feature to their website. I even give discounts when I find client’s project interesting or when it’s for a great cause. I doubt anyone will give me 1 star rating because I gave a discount 🙂

@gunawanguan

However, I do agree with previous sellers that you don’t have to give a discount. It’s your call really 😉

When a customer makes an order you can say to them that next time they should contact you for a custom offer and that’s it. Don’t spam them, just mention it with the delivery.

Businesses do that all the time, some call it a loyalty program

There is a difference between a loyalty program which is administered evenly among all customers, such as everyone gets 10th order at half price, and is equally available, as opposed to a wink-wink, “I like you so you get the good price, way of doing business.” It’s like finding that the person in line next to you just paid $3 for the same item as they are trying to charge you $6 for. You would naturally protest, and I don’t think that a good response is “he has shopped here for a log time so we charge him less than our newer customers”, or as in the OP’s scenario, fear to inform customers of the new pricing.

I understand that you are free to structure your pricing as you see fit, but you have to realize that not being consistent in your pricing could possibly lead to someone feeling ripped off. Which seems like a great way to get a poor review. The good news is that pricing is usually private, so a seller’s chance of playing favorites with pricing will likely go unnoticed. I just think it goes to an overall sense of honesty.

There is a difference between a loyalty program which is administered evenly among all customers, such as everyone gets 10th order at half price, and is equally available, as opposed to a wink-wink, “I like you so you get the good price, way of doing business.” It’s like finding that the person in line next to you just paid $3 for the same item as they are trying to charge you $6 for. You would naturally protest, and I don’t think that a good response is “he has shopped here for a log time so we charge him less than our newer customers”, or as in the OP’s scenario, fear to inform customers of the new pricing.

I understand that you are free to structure your pricing as you see fit, but you have to realize that not being consistent in your pricing could possibly lead to someone feeling ripped off. Which seems like a great way to get a poor review. The good news is that pricing is usually private, so a seller’s chance of playing favorites with pricing will likely go unnoticed. I just think it goes to an overall sense of honesty.

They may still have the prices showing beside all the reviews for some people so that’s another reason to have all prices be the same for all buyers.

They may still have the prices showing beside all the reviews for some people so that’s another reason to have all prices be the same for all buyers.

Yes, when they were visible, lots of people were posting that they were worried about just that, appearing to have unfair or inconsistent prices.

I suppose it depends on the service, but I don’t compare mine with Walmart. I offer personalized service so even if my clients saw the prices they wouldn’t find it unfair. Each project is unique even if the requirements seem to match. Each client is different and I do adjust my price based on how easy it is to communicate with them or how much they try to micromanage me 🙂

Price is negotiated before the delivery, so if a buyer doesn’t find it fair they can pick a different seller. Once the price is agreed, it should not affect the rating. I don’t expect to see a 1-star review saying “He charged me more than that other guy, so I give him 1 star”.

I suppose it depends on the service, but I don’t compare mine with Walmart. I offer personalized service so even if my clients saw the prices they wouldn’t find it unfair. Each project is unique even if the requirements seem to match. Each client is different and I do adjust my price based on how easy it is to communicate with them or how much they try to micromanage me 🙂

Price is negotiated before the delivery, so if a buyer doesn’t find it fair they can pick a different seller. Once the price is agreed, it should not affect the rating. I don’t expect to see a 1-star review saying “He charged me more than that other guy, so I give him 1 star”.

Price is negotiated before the delivery, so if a buyer doesn’t find it fair they can pick a different seller. Once the price is agreed, it should not affect the rating.

I understand, and have no problem with it. However the only point I would add is that it is not about comparing your services to Walmart, it is about comparing the customer’s expectation of being treated fairly, whether Walmart or Fiverr. You have probably seen the posts from people asking about discrimination on fiverr based on skin color, place or origin, race or gender. People are already sensitive about not being treated fairly, and it is their perception, not the reality that will drive how many stars they give you. Besides, the funny thing is that we are talking about going through all this in order to charge some folks LESS money. Seems the wrong direction.

Price is negotiated before the delivery, so if a buyer doesn’t find it fair they can pick a different seller. Once the price is agreed, it should not affect the rating.

I understand, and have no problem with it. However the only point I would add is that it is not about comparing your services to Walmart, it is about comparing the customer’s expectation of being treated fairly, whether Walmart or Fiverr. You have probably seen the posts from people asking about discrimination on fiverr based on skin color, place or origin, race or gender. People are already sensitive about not being treated fairly, and it is their perception, not the reality that will drive how many stars they give you. Besides, the funny thing is that we are talking about going through all this in order to charge some folks LESS money. Seems the wrong direction.

You have probably seen the posts from people asking about discrimination on fiverr based on skin color, place or origin, race or gender.

Yes, that’s a different story. Sellers doing this should be banned.

What I was trying to say to the OP is that there’s nothing wrong with giving discounts to old customers you enjoy working with. Sometimes it’s worth giving a small discount to clients you enjoy working with than working with new and needy clients. 🙂

I don´t really see a problem, my take is, if people order directly, the price is the same for everyone, and a custom offer is called a custom offer for a reason.

There are several things that can play into the price of a custom offer, without being unfair or it having anything to do with honest or not.

Now, whether there´s anything unfair about a price, the customer can´t know, so should not assume and judge; only the seller can know and as long as the seller knows that what they do is fair and justified, it´s fine to me.

It´s an interesting question, though, I don´t think there´s a right or wrong answer really, but good food for thought in all positions and posts.

When your prices are already only $5 to $20 there is no reason to give any discounts. You are starting out with extremely cheap prices.

Yes you can give a 10% discount if you are charging at least $50 sometimes for good regular buyers if you want to.

But to discount a $10 order to $5? That’s just ridiculous.

I really thank you for all the comment my friend.
It helped me to think out from my box all this time.

I started to send offer in buyer request with my new price and start sending offer to customer who request custom offer with my new price.

Thanks a lot for all the participation my friend.

Archived