This is the reason why article writing is not the most lucrative on Fiverr

trooviez9

I think it’s a flaw in Fiverr’s early marketing message. “Yes, you can get anything you want done for $5, even write a 2,000 page ebook”. And it sure brought in traffic but not much cash. Now Fiverr is trying to scale up and sellers are on the receiving end. That’s why Fiverr keeps coming up with new upgrades and policies. And it’s frustrating for sellers who can’t achieve Fiverr’s monthly mark. I think Fiverr should just accept responsibility here and work on regulating price. I don’t mind if these $5 buyers are chased off and we’re left with the cream of the crop.

what’s Fiverr’s monthly mark?

ridiculous

No, $6 for 3 articles is not ridiculous.

Why is it not ridiculous for you? Please explain!

If you do not write from your own creativity and without any research then it will be okay.

If you write the articles by copy-pasting or spinning from Google and other sites, then it will be okay for you possibly.

However, the fact that you will spend time thinking about what to write, and find the perfect words, that in itself has a value - is that worth just $6?

Mental satisfaction and the value of your time is also an important matter, in my view.

An original writing cannot be so cheap and cannot be a Joke!

I think it’s a flaw in Fiverr’s early marketing message. “Yes, you can get anything you want done for $5, even write a 2,000 page ebook”. And it sure brought in traffic but not much cash. Now Fiverr is trying to scale up and sellers are on the receiving end. That’s why Fiverr keeps coming up with new upgrades and policies. And it’s frustrating for sellers who can’t achieve Fiverr’s monthly mark. I think Fiverr should just accept responsibility here and work on regulating price. I don’t mind if these $5 buyers are chased off and we’re left with the cream of the crop.

Yes, you can get anything you want done for $5, even write a 2,000 page ebook”.

There’s a perception out there that Fiverr is cheap. In fact, when I tell my freelancer friends who work on other sites that I work on Fiverr, they laugh at me and wonder how much I make really?

Fiverr should do something about this, don’t you think?

Yes, you can get anything you want done for $5, even write a 2,000 page ebook”.

There’s a perception out there that Fiverr is cheap. In fact, when I tell my freelancer friends who work on other sites that I work on Fiverr, they laugh at me and wonder how much I make really?

When I tell people that I work on Fiverr, they have the opposite reaction. They are impressed that I am able to make a living working here. 😉

Fiverr does have an image problem, but not everyone views Fiverr with cheap disdain.

When I tell people that I work on Fiverr, they have the opposite reaction. They are impressed that I am able to make a living working here. 😉

Fiverr does have an image problem, but not everyone views Fiverr with cheap disdain.

but not everyone views Fiverr with cheap disdain.

Well, I should have a said a section of people view Fiver as cheap. I am glad that I can build a solid stream of income here on Fiverr. Hardworkp ays!

Why $6 and not $5 which is the minimum? Do they think that $1 will make a difference?

Every now and then I see buyers asking for a website and they mark down budget like $8. Why not $10, why $8? $10 is already very low budget for a website, but for some reason $8 seems like the magic number.

I’m guessing they went to Starbucks, bought their morning coffee and when they got their $8 back from $10, all of a sudden decided to get a website for their business.

I’m guessing they went to Starbucks, bought their morning coffee and when they got their $8 back from $10, all of a sudden decided to get a website for their business.

What Starbucks are you going to???

I think you are beating out Eoin in the funny department! ❤️

Challenge accepted

Joke

What’s funnier than @sara19841?

sara19842

Anyway, back to topic.

A writer who wants to be paid more than $6 for 3 articles needs to charge more than $6 for 3 articles. Yeah, that is obvious, I know. However, it is obviously not easy to compete with those who think that price is ok. The answer is simply to not try. There will always be one (or one billion) seller who is willing to price at that rate. What they produce for that is then an issue for the buyer to deal with.

I buy articles from various sellers at $5-10. I don’t expect the seller to do much research and I try to supply as much as I can to assist them. I proofread it myself and add some details to it too. Basically, for that price I expect the seller to write something pretty much off the top of their head or with very little research. If it is not exactly what I want then I change it myself and definitely don’t request a revision! Actually - Im proud to say I have never requested a revision from a writer I have hired on Fiverr and that is over $2k worth!

Although I don’t have a writing gig any more, I write quite a lot for clients and get paid well for doing it. When quoting them, I ensure they know what they are getting, the amount of work that goes into it and why the writing is of a certain quality - believe it or not, a lot of buyers do not know why certain writers are better than others. You need to tell them.

If a writer can’t explain why they are delivering better quality than the competition then perhaps they aren’t!

Those type of buyers are in all the categories. That was why I made this topic
favicon.icoFiverr Forum

3196312476851f9971ecf30c79d04f2da94eb1fb_1_690x129.png

Buyers that want to buy the universe for $10 and say "Keep the change!"

I was checking the buyer requests now and I was taken aback by the absurdness of this request I was curious and downloaded the document. It had 423 words which are estimated to be 2.5 to 3 minutes of video depending on the speed of the voiceover....

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 56 ❤

It will be crazy for anyone to accept that. Unfortunately, some people will and unfortunately they will get what their budget is demanding, and unfortunately, they will come to the forum to rant (and will not disclose how much they paid for the gibberish they got).

BR is full of laughable requests. I even saw someone that wanted to pay $100 for an animator to create a 6-hour udemy course, including voiceover…LMAO!!!

Writing is very lucrative. You just have to be able to prove your worth.

Sometimes, buyers harass me via my inbox and complain about my prices and say there are much better animators selling their videos for $5 - $50.

Well, then they should go buy from them. Know your worth and don’t let those silly/ignorant requests make you think people are not earning the top dollar in writing.

Those type of buyers are in all the categories. That was why I made this topic

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

3196312476851f9971ecf30c79d04f2da94eb1fb_1_690x129.png

Buyers that want to buy the universe for $10 and say "Keep the change!"

I was checking the buyer requests now and I was taken aback by the absurdness of this request I was curious and downloaded the document. It had 423 words which are estimated to be 2.5 to 3 minutes of video depending on the speed of the voiceover....

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 56 ❤

It will be crazy for anyone to accept that. Unfortunately, some people will and unfortunately they will get what their budget is demanding, and unfortunately, they will come to the forum to rant (and will not disclose how much they paid for the gibberish they got).

BR is full of laughable requests. I even saw someone that wanted to pay $100 for an animator to create a 6-hour udemy course, including voiceover…LMAO!!!

Writing is very lucrative. You just have to be able to prove your worth.

Sometimes, buyers harass me via my inbox and complain about my prices and say there are much better animators selling their videos for $5 - $50.

Well, then they should go buy from them. Know your worth and don’t let those silly/ignorant requests make you think people are not earning the top dollar in writing.

I especially love these 🙂

image.png.3556932c9ae117a354045a7388caa440.png

Why is it not ridiculous for you? Please explain!

If you do not write from your own creativity and without any research then it will be okay.

If you write the articles by copy-pasting or spinning from Google and other sites, then it will be okay for you possibly.

However, the fact that you will spend time thinking about what to write, and find the perfect words, that in itself has a value - is that worth just $6?

Mental satisfaction and the value of your time is also an important matter, in my view.

An original writing cannot be so cheap and cannot be a Joke!

Hello, nice discussion. I was not making it up by saying 3 articles for $6 is ridiculous. I have been writing my blogs since 2009, and I got used to writing great articles manually and fast 10 fingers typing, idioms, grammar, etc. But sometimes when I get orders (not on Fiverr) I often to rewrite others’ great article using a good rewriting tool. But still need some manual proofreading and modification, and grammar check (using a great tool). I don’t know what you mean by perfect words. But based on my evaluation, those article I rewrote for my clients were perfect words, and they were satisfied.

Don’t ever think you will be able to write an article with perfects words manually for just $6. I don’t mean to boast, I’m a true legend of article writing. Believe it or not, I have been writing 7,000 articles since 2009. And I talk to you honestly.

Sorry, I cannot share some proof here.

Proof of what?

I didn’t ask for proof. I asked you to clarify/make up your mind, because first you say that $6 for 3 articles is not ridiculous, and then you say that it is.

Sorry, I don’t want do wasting time debating with you.

Sorry, I don’t want do wasting time debating with you.

You seem to be dismissing anyone who is not agreeing with your confused POV.

So why are you here?

Are you on your way to becoming rich elsewhere?

Are you here to throw shade on Fiverr?

Do you need to know how much we are making?

Make up your mind.

So why are you here?

Make up your mind.

Make up your mind.

He doesn’t want to waste his time debating with you, silly. :rofl:

So why are you here?

Make up your mind.

I just don’t want to waste time brother. If you believe in something just do it. Don’t waste your time with people who are not believing in you.

Hello, nice discussion. I was not making it up by saying 3 articles for $6 is ridiculous. I have been writing my blogs since 2009, and I got used to writing great articles manually and fast 10 fingers typing, idioms, grammar, etc. But sometimes when I get orders (not on Fiverr) I often to rewrite others’ great article using a good rewriting tool. But still need some manual proofreading and modification, and grammar check (using a great tool). I don’t know what you mean by perfect words. But based on my evaluation, those article I rewrote for my clients were perfect words, and they were satisfied.

Don’t ever think you will be able to write an article with perfects words manually for just $6. I don’t mean to boast, I’m a true legend of article writing. Believe it or not, I have been writing 7,000 articles since 2009. And I talk to you honestly.

I talk to you honestly.

Thanks for your very honest answer!!

I don’t know what you mean by perfect words.

Because you do not have any idea what is the perfect word and how to write an article with perfect words.

I’m a true legend of article writing

So confusing!!😉

I especially love these 🙂

I especially love these

this guy wants to use $25 to get$1000? Really? He should try betting sites!

I especially love these

this guy wants to use $25 to get$1000? Really? He should try betting sites!

I made him an offer for 5K, so if he pays me 5K a month I will give 1K back to him.

Win-Win situation, sort of 😉 I mean he did say he will accept any offer.

No response yet, but fingers crossed.

I made him an offer for 5K, so if he pays me 5K a month I will give 1K back to him.

Win-Win situation, sort of 😉 I mean he did say he will accept any offer.

Everyone wants to get rich but not everyone is willing to work. Tell this guy that get-rich-quick schemes are not the way to go.

Archived