How to block a buyer from placing order

sbmaggarwal

Is there a way I can block a user? The same buyer buys gigs without discussion 5 times now and I need to cancel the order as neither will he increase the value nor he accepts extending delivery time.

Even Fiverr CS accepts that it is not my fault that this happens but it still decreases my order completion rate.

That’s the downside but it may work in the short-term

Actually, this is what I did now. Only option to save me!

Fiverr even lack a real-time chat system, hourly jobs, milestone-based jobs, video/voice call systems and then they are against contacting personal information like s***e ID with buyers until an order is placed! I mean, why will a buyer buy a gig at the first place if haven’t been able to contact me properly. He will just go to other marketplaces where all these options are available.

Actually, this is what I did now. Only option to save me!

Fiverr even lack a real-time chat system, hourly jobs, milestone-based jobs, video/voice call systems and then they are against contacting personal information like s***e ID with buyers until an order is placed! I mean, why will a buyer buy a gig at the first place if haven’t been able to contact me properly. He will just go to other marketplaces where all these options are available.

milestone-based jobs

There are milestones for bigger projects ($100 and more).

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestones

milestone-based jobs

There are milestones for bigger projects ($100 and more).

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestones

It’s in beta still though, like Available Now, I’ve asked Customer Support if they could “switch it on” for me, because a client had asked me to use it, but they said unfortunately they can’t.

I have Available Now but can’t really use it, while I’d have had several opportunities to put Milestones to a good use already. C’est la vie.

That’s the downside but it may work in the short-term

Well, it works well. You must indicate in your description in BOLD, that all buyers must contact you prior to placing an order with you. The benefit of this is that you get more of potential buyers than buyers looking for free stuff up & down. However, when the buyers contact you, there are some indicators to know the type of buyers you want to work with or not!

Archived