Charity work on Fiverr

I’ll keep on doing it anyways, and they will keep on profiting from my free work

For each order you get the minimum of $4 and Fiverr gets $1? :thinking:

As Eoin mentioned, if you wish to do free work then reach out charities yourself and do it for free.

Also your gig description says

This is my way of giving back, by doing what I do best for (almost) free and donating the small proceeds back to charity! (minus Fiverr’s cut, but you gotta feed the Man, right?)

Why not add it that your “almost” free is 4 times what Fiverr will get to host your profile on their platform and promote your service. But of course, you give it back to charity and Fiverr just keeps it to support freelancers all over the world. Some even living in rather poor conditions 😉

Why not add it that your “almost” free is 4 times what Fiverr will get to host your profile on their platform and promote your service. But of course, you give it back to charity and Fiverr just keeps it to support freelancers all over the world. Some even living in rather poor conditions 😉

lol I won’t add that because it’s exactly true, at least the way I see it.

But again, I’m done here, no one thinks its good idea to enable free work for charities on Fiverr. I’ve got the answer to my question. In spite of that missing dollar I find that its a good way for me to help small organizations, so i’ll keep on doing it.

Charity is good. Seem like you are of helping nature bit I would like to say that everyone here is not for charity. You are providing $100 worth work for $5 which hurts others sellers of your category. It makes difficult for others to keep price.
So my opinion for you is earn as much as you can or you deserve and give it to some welfare 😊
No offence?

Charity is good. Seem like you are of helping nature bit I would like to say that everyone here is not for charity. You are providing $100 worth work for $5 which hurts others sellers of your category. It makes difficult for others to keep price.

So my opinion for you is earn as much as you can or you deserve and give it to some welfare 😊

No offence?

that’s an interesting thought. thanks. I hadn’t looked at it through that lens.

Well well, i’m clearly alone in my idea that Fiverr could / should make it easy for us to offer our work for free to charities!

I’ll keep on doing it anyways, and they will keep on profiting from my free work. The laws of the gig economy are brutal 😉

I’ll keep on doing it anyways, and they will keep on profiting from my free work

I understand why you want to do charity work, I don’t understand why everyone around you must support it. Just take what is yours at the end and give it away. There is a good deal of virtue signalling in all this. True charity is anonymous, and gracefully quiet. Not a hashtag.

I’m not grandstanding, I’m actually conceding defeat. You guys don’t think my idea is good. end of story.

Don’t think “defeat” has to come into it. It has been an interesting discussion. I think (though you may disagree) that the sentence about Fiverr’s cut is unnecessary as Fiverr gives you a worldwide platform to help your charity at no cost to you. Good luck in your endeavours! 🙂

Archived