mjensen415

poll  

161 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• St. Level’s Day
    • Levelageddon
    • Level Systems Update
    • Levelsgiving Day
    • New Levels Day (making the 14th, New Levels Eve - perhaps there should be a 10,9,8… countdown at midnight?)

I knew I was going to be demoted back in Nov. when I came back after dealing with twice having my home flooded with not one but two Hurricanes (without power for 2 weeks and in a city without internet for over a month) a Buyer canceled an order from 2014 while I was away because (of course) they no longer needed the order they never opened and it dropped by “Completed Orders” to 69% automatically.

I had a cancellation about 1-2 weeks in my return because a Buyer didn’t both to read the Gig details and placed an order asking for a service that I don’t provide (and is against ToS). It was either do the order (thus going against Fiverr ToS) or cancel and have it affect my statistics.

I sent a lengthy support ticket and had a back-and-forth with Mia from CS who basically said there is nothing Fiverr can do, but assured me I “still had time to get my ratings up” by Jan 15th. Ha!

I explained that statistically, it was impossible based on the 2 projected (similar issues) cancellations in the works. I explained that I have to have 50 orders come in and complete them JUST to make threshold and with Fiverr orders slowed to a crawl since my return… it wasn’t even realistic.

As a Seller, I have zero options having to cancel if it’s an issue on the Buyers side. I can’t extend an order with an unresponsive Buyer and I can’t fake “deliver” an order when I don’t have any or all the right information––because that’s not only unprofessional but goes against ToS. My idea is that this is Fiverr’s way to make sure (that in fear) Sellers won’t cancel orders even if things are bad, thus it just ensure more money for them.

I’ve serious faith in Fiverr and the system that’s in place. Going down a Level for a majority of Sellers simply because things are literally no their fault and not within their control is madness. You simply can’t control the actions or inaction of a Buyer and I’ve been preaching this since the beginning––Sellers shouldn’t be at fault for Buyers negligence, but here we still are.

I remember when I demoted for TRS for this same issue (Buyers negligence in one way or another) and was heartbroken. The stress and fear of being demoted simply is not worth it––it’s a broken system that (I

highly doubt) like everything else Fiverr will not change.

I know that as a community, we’ve been expression serious issues and have been providing suggestions and solutions for YEARS here in the forum, but Fiverr has yet to implement of any of the features or updated systems we’ve actually been asking for. At this point, I feel Fiverr’s only focus is to better ensure money for themselves, not a platform the community loves and wants to work on.

The “Levels” System simply has no merit and as a community we all know it––don’t freak out.

Totally agree, the new levels system is seriously flawed and punishes legit and honest sellers for the wrongdoings or just ignorance of some buyers.

I was demoted as well and this in addition to fiverr not listening to the sellers’ suggestions and issues in general leaves a really bad taste and makes me not want to put so much time and effort on fiverr and try to focus on other projects outside fiverr instead.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Fiverr doesnt care about their sellers anymore with this new level system.

This is so ridiculous. For years we have been working our behinds off for our money and they took miljons from us paying them 1 to i dont know how much per order. Feels like a knife in the back.

It’s just a level. You can earn it back next month.

Yeah right! I see they demoted you to level 1. How is that possible? You have 18 Orders in Queue, 4.8 gig rating, you should have gotten promoted to TRS, but thanks to stupid metrics and central planning from Fiverr, you’re demoted just like me.

Even if you can “earn” level 2 back, is it worth it?

Fiverr used to be fun. I would come here, make money, the end.

Now I have to figure out which gigs to delete, and to me, deleting a gig is deleting money, but I guess that’s what it takes to survive on Fiverr. Better to make peanuts with 5 gigs than make buckets with 17.

Then again, you’re making buckets, and how does Fiverr treat you? Like garbage.

You shouldn’t be demoted, your gig should be a featured gig, you should be honored, celebrated, and promoted. But Fiverr doesn’t care, we’re all just cogs in their machine, none of us are special.

Totally agree, the new levels system is seriously flawed and punishes legit and honest sellers for the wrongdoings or just ignorance of some buyers.

I was demoted as well and this in addition to fiverr not listening to the sellers’ suggestions and issues in general leaves a really bad taste and makes me not want to put so much time and effort on fiverr and try to focus on other projects outside fiverr instead.

Yeah. I think a lot of Sellers who have helped make Fiverr a lot of money only to be undervalued and unappreciated are realizing they’re better off focusing on other projects outside of Fiverr. The stress alone worrying about “what’s next” when it comes to this platform is simply not worth it.

I’m sure I don’t speak alone when I say I want to support and serve on a platform that not only listens to their community but provides the features and system they’ve been asking for (for years).

Fiverr is taking for granted Sellers (and Buyers) that make them money. Not only can and will Sellers leave to go work on other better, more supported platforms when they don’t feel respected or valued but the reputation and experience Sellers have had here will be what ultimately causes the fall of Fiverr.

Sellers are not going to recommend the platform to clients, friends, family, etc. because of the current systems/features in place and bad personal experiences like these. I know I’ve personally been asking for changes to the SAME issue(s) regarding Buyer’s neglect when it comes to orders and cancellations and they’ve gone unresolved. Sellers will leave and Fiverr will ultimately feel the effect. I doubt that like many Sellers who have already left, they will return if things change. It will simply be too little too late.

Yeah right! I see they demoted you to level 1. How is that possible? You have 18 Orders in Queue, 4.8 gig rating, you should have gotten promoted to TRS, but thanks to stupid metrics and central planning from Fiverr, you’re demoted just like me.

Now I have to figure out which gigs to delete, and to me, deleting a gig is deleting money, but I guess that’s what it takes to survive on Fiverr. Better to make peanuts with 5 gigs than make buckets with 17.

You shouldn’t be demoted, your gig should be a featured gig, you should be honored, celebrated, and promoted. But Fiverr doesn’t care, we’re all just cogs in their machine, none of us are special.

I see they demoted you to level 1. How is that possible? You have 18 Orders in Queue, 4.8 gig rating, you should have gotten promoted to TRS, but thanks to stupid metrics and central planning from Fiverr, you’re demoted just like me.

Well, actually, a demanding buyer thought he’d give me a negative review (and lie in his review to make me look bad too no less), the day before the levels assessment. I had everything ready to go, and would have been nominated to TRS, but, alas, that one seller’s false negative review dropped my 60-day rating just below the 4.8 requirement. Since his review was just before the level adjustment today, that seller alone is responsible for my demotion to Level 1.

He’s the guy who torpedoed my sure-shot at TRS today.

But, it is what it is. The promotion/demotion is automated, and, thanks to that guy, I fell just below the 4.8 requirement less than 24 hours before the assessment. … [shrug]

But, like I said, it’s just a level. I can recover and regain my Level 2 standing in February. 🙂

Yeah, it is. It’s just a level. To be honest, I didn’t lose anything valuable. I already had under ten active gigs as a Level 2 seller, and the one gig that lost a 5th gig extra lost a cheap extra that buyers rarely add to their orders.

Economically, I didn’t lose anything by being unduly demoted. I prepared for this, and I am able to weather the storm, so to speak. I’ve been a successful seller on Fiverr for almost four years (as of May this spring), and, as you noted, I have a large que of orders. I’ll be fine. My demotion to Level 1 really doesn’t affect me. I’m still the great seller that I have always been! 😉

Fiverr used to be fun.

It still is fun for me. I love my work here; I love my clients; I love the ability to be successfully self-employed. I, myself, don’t plan to go anywhere. I am right where I want to be.

Better to make peanuts with 5 gigs than make buckets with 17.

You don’t have to look at it that way. You can charge whatever you want. If you don’t want to “make peanuts”, don’t ask for peanuts. Anyone can “make buckets”, it’s just a matter of finding the right combination of factors that make that happen.

Nah, Fiverr isn’t treating me like garbage. My interactions with Fiverr have actually been amazing. They’ve been friendly, helpful, supportive… I don’t support everything about the new level’s system, but it is automated, so why would I blame the Fiverr people I work with, interact with, communicate with, etc for the automated actions of site programming?

We have ALL been affected by this new seller system, some of us positively, others negatively. It is what it is. I plan to work with it, and I’ll be flirting with TRS again in no time!

You shouldn’t be demoted

No, I shouldn’t be. But I blame the terrible buyer that left his “Jon is terrible” false review. He gave me my level demotion. I don’t blame Fiverr in the least. I’ll recover the lost Level 2 in no time. It’s all good.

your gig should be a featured gig, you should be honored, celebrated, and promoted.

Sure, I’ll go for that! Sounds good to me!

But Fiverr doesn’t care, we’re all just cogs in their machine, none of us are special.

In one way, Fiverr “doesn’t care” – sure. This is their business. Fiverr exists so that Fiverr can make money (i.e., their 20% of every sale). And, from that point of view, they really don’t care who makes that money for them – we’re sellers. We’re the money-makers. As long as sales are rolling into Fiverr HQ, Fiverr is happy.

But, in another sense, Fiverr cares deeply about what happens to us. Without us, Fiverr doesn’t make any money. So, Fiverr is working to improve their reputation on the open market, and they are working to support the sellers who work hard to earn a living on their freelance site. Automated seller promotion assessments aside, Fiverr wants us to make money, and they’re working to get ride of the thousands of crappy scammers, so that Fiverr’s impression rises, more buyers come to the site, and those us us great sellers can make more money/sales.

Fiverr cares. Don’t dwell on a lost level… focus on how you can keep growing your business, no matter what happens. 🙂

I just looked at my Analytics to see what was going on. And, I noticed that my new evaluation date for TRS status is Feb. 14, 2018. I haven’t received a message from Fiverr regarding the news of retainment or demotion of the TRS. So, either the system forgot to let me know or it’s still just in the process of letting me know something.

I dunno.

I just looked at my Analytics to see what was going on. And, I noticed that my new evaluation date for TRS status is Feb. 14, 2018. I haven’t received a message from Fiverr regarding the news of retainment or demotion of the TRS. So, either the system forgot to let me know or it’s still just in the process of letting me know something.

I dunno.

After reading your reply I also checked my Analytics. New evaluation date for TRS status is Feb 15 for me. Looks like we survived this wave. But now I have one more question…are they going to do this every month? 🤨

After reading your reply I also checked my Analytics. New evaluation date for TRS status is Feb 15 for me. Looks like we survived this wave. But now I have one more question…are they going to do this every month? 🤨

To me, this no longer feels like a freelancer-type site. I understand why Fiverr FEELS they need to do this, but it penalizes otherwise good folks and takes it away from being a freelancing concept.

It would be so much better if the system’s bugs were addressed first.

I agree with thepromogirl. I’m not a big seller, but made around 6000 USD/month (profit) in the last months, over 200 5* reviews (and full 5* profile) and about the most glowing reviews on Fiverr. I also “survived” this wave. But the rating system does give me a really bad taste.

I sometimes have people who order things I do not even offer. I have an FAQ, etc., but still… Or I have people who order, but I cannot help them. Their site, campaign site, etc are not good enough to go live. So I tell them, and I cancel the order or ask them to cancel. That’s fair, right? They get their money back. In the end, it’s not my fault. Even more, I’m offering a great customer experience, but with the new (and retarded) Fiverr system, it influences my level.

I offer marketing services. I’m not going to start baking pancakes just to avoid a cancelation.

So, I started working on another platform 3 weeks ago, with success. And I’m advising against Fiverr on a few groups I’m the group owner of (+100k closed and active groups). This rating system is totally ridiculous on the same level as their different star rating approach a long time ago. I stopped working on Fiverr at that time, many did. They canceled that approach.

It appears so 😦

To me, this no longer feels like a freelancer-type site. I understand why Fiverr FEELS they need to do this, but it penalizes otherwise good folks and takes it away from being a freelancing concept.

It would be so much better if the system’s bugs were addressed first.

I agree with you. Somehow it feels like we are losing our freelancer freedom and feels more like a regular work.

Then again, this system will flush out all those scam fraudulent sellers. I just wish that they would implement some kind of system for buyers too.

The level system review could well be the biggest blunder Fiverr has made. Every seller goes through peaks and troughs when it comes to business and work and the monthly assessment is more a driver not to use Fiverr than to grow the use. Buyers beware would be my opinion as the best sellers are actually those who have honed their expertise on Fiverr always those who make use Fiverr the most.
The level evaluation is something that may well come to haunt Fiverr as the level process was not broken and was actually what made Fiverr one of the best platforms. Sadly, Fiverr are chasing the Dollar not considering the customer experience or the final product. If something is not broken do not attempt to fix it.
I have been on Fiverr for many years but have recently seen a slow down in business from Fiverr. I use 2 alternative platforms that have not imposed a level adjustment for sellers and income from these platforms is increasing fast. Buyers do not always look for a good performer many would look for a performer who has a solid history and that history should not be dictated by how busy or not a seller is on fiverr. The whole process opens up a can of worms, from Fiverrs point of view it seems like a great way to get more movement but from a users point of view it dilutes the pool of freelancers and professionals on the system.
There are countless others ways that Fiver can be enhanced and improved, sadly leveling based on activity is not one of them. Leveling may drive short term revenue but long term it could impact the quality of services offered on the platform that Fiverr is becoming reputable for. Few others platforms have placed restrictions on users, the limit of 10 gigs when “demoted” reduces the chances of a seller being hired and reduces the diversity of gigs for buyers.
This leveling of sellers is a stick approach to growing the platform where a carrot system would work better such as changing the commission structure to encourage sellers to use the platform as a competitor has done successfully…
As a writer and business analyst I find the move concerning, my gut says it will drive the better sellers away i.e. those who use Fiverr as a supplementary income provider opposed to a main income source and in doing this the pool of skills may well become diluted.
I have many repeat buyers on Fiverr who all give me 5 star ratings however them seeing my status lowered may have them question my work when actually I have done nothing.
My overall opinion is that Fiverr has chased the Dollar and not looked after the customers and that is a commercial no no.

I agree with thepromogirl. I’m not a big seller, but made around 6000 USD/month (profit) in the last months, over 200 5* reviews (and full 5* profile) and about the most glowing reviews on Fiverr. I also “survived” this wave. But the rating system does give me a really bad taste.

I sometimes have people who order things I do not even offer. I have an FAQ, etc., but still… Or I have people who order, but I cannot help them. Their site, campaign site, etc are not good enough to go live. So I tell them, and I cancel the order or ask them to cancel. That’s fair, right? They get their money back. In the end, it’s not my fault. Even more, I’m offering a great customer experience, but with the new (and retarded) Fiverr system, it influences my level.

I offer marketing services. I’m not going to start baking pancakes just to avoid a cancelation.

So, I started working on another platform 3 weeks ago, with success. And I’m advising against Fiverr on a few groups I’m the group owner of (+100k closed and active groups). This rating system is totally ridiculous on the same level as their different star rating approach a long time ago. I stopped working on Fiverr at that time, many did. They canceled that approach.

Even more, I’m offering a great customer experience, but with the new (and retarded) Fiverr system, it influences my level.

It’s not a new system. I was demoted from TRS last year (and last night to Level 1) because of Buyer’s negligence regarding cancellations. Cancellation ratios have always had an effect on a Sellers’ ability to Level and/or be a TRS. This system was just kept private with the Editors till recently.

I worked DIRECTLY with a member at Fiverr HQ with one of my featured Gigs when I was a TRS to figure out a way to include an “acknowledgement” piece as an Order Requirement for Buyers to try and prevent Buyer cancellations (it didn’t really work, but I ended up getting demoted for the cancellation ratios) in an effort to push Buyers to read the Gig details before responding to the Order Requirements and/or referencing back to the Order Requirements where they noted they themselves stated they read and understood the Gig details and provided the required information accordingly.

Sellers have been asking for a way to “pause” or “reject” Orders when Buyers place an order by mistake, don’t provide the required information and/or request a service that is not advertised in the Gig for YEARS NOW. This would love so many of Fiverr’s major problems.

If Fiverr admits they (or we) cannot “force a Buyer to read the Gig description or Order Requirments”, then these type of cancellations that affect a Seller’s ratio and now “Level Status” regardless of who is truly at fault should not be a thing. However, in Fiverr CS’s own word, I’m simply told when asked what can be done since I will be demoted because of Buyers cancellation because they don’t read the Gig details and ask for a service I don’t advertise (and advertise against my Gig details) I’m told, “There is nothing we can do at this point.”

This is a straight up lie. They can very easily create a system and recognizes when Buyer’s cancel vs. when a Seller cancels and have it not affect the Seller in a negative way. They just don’t want to.

218826126_ScreenShot2018-01-15at8_33_32AM.thumb.jpg.a8b714c1d6825068ba86d373116b593c.jpg

Yes, bad taste in the mouth. It feels like those who have supported Fiverr and made it the success it is have been stabbed in the back.

90% for completion rate is too high.

Think that’s too high? Try maintaining a 4.8. How is that possible? Two 5 stars plus one 4 stars equals 4.7 average. The system is designed to fail you!

You know it’s too high when 60/100 is the passing rate required by enlisted US military personnel for their annual fitness test in order to stay the military. 😅

I’m expecting a demotion tomorrow. Due to some workload i wasn’t able to meet all the deadlines and some are caused by i didn’t use the extend delivery feature.

A bit sad but that’s life , after 5 years i got demoted sigh… This will not hinder me to work and do more. Coz the evaluation will take place every 15th of each month.

Be positive! We are still a DOER!

I’m expecting a demotion tomorrow. Due to some workload i wasn’t able to meet all the deadlines and some are caused by i didn’t use the extend delivery feature.

couldnt it be managed just by changing the delivery time?

Even more, I’m offering a great customer experience, but with the new (and retarded) Fiverr system, it influences my level.

It’s not a new system. I was demoted from TRS last year (and last night to Level 1) because of Buyer’s negligence regarding cancellations. Cancellation ratios have always had an effect on a Sellers’ ability to Level and/or be a TRS. This system was just kept private with the Editors till recently.

I worked DIRECTLY with a member at Fiverr HQ with one of my featured Gigs when I was a TRS to figure out a way to include an “acknowledgement” piece as an Order Requirement for Buyers to try and prevent Buyer cancellations (it didn’t really work, but I ended up getting demoted for the cancellation ratios) in an effort to push Buyers to read the Gig details before responding to the Order Requirements and/or referencing back to the Order Requirements where they noted they themselves stated they read and understood the Gig details and provided the required information accordingly.

Sellers have been asking for a way to “pause” or “reject” Orders when Buyers place an order by mistake, don’t provide the required information and/or request a service that is not advertised in the Gig for YEARS NOW. This would love so many of Fiverr’s major problems.

If Fiverr admits they (or we) cannot “force a Buyer to read the Gig description or Order Requirments”, then these type of cancellations that affect a Seller’s ratio and now “Level Status” regardless of who is truly at fault should not be a thing. However, in Fiverr CS’s own word, I’m simply told when asked what can be done since I will be demoted because of Buyers cancellation because they don’t read the Gig details and ask for a service I don’t advertise (and advertise against my Gig details) I’m told, “There is nothing we can do at this point.”

This is a straight up lie. They can very easily create a system and recognizes when Buyer’s cancel vs. when a Seller cancels and have it not affect the Seller in a negative way. They just don’t want to.

The support should change : “There is nothing we can do at this point”, by “There is nothing WE WANT TO DO at this point”.

I still believe they will open their eyes and see how it impacts at fiverr marketplace too.

Here is to hoping there’s more to it than a demotion just because one of the areas is flagged well. Can you imagine having a 89% in one area and being demoted because of that? I’ve no faith in much though so won’t hold my breath.

It happened to me. Hi 90s in everything and one 89 and I’m demoted.

Do you have to delete the gig entirely, or disable it?

Do you have to delete the gig entirely, or disable it?

Delete it or pause it. The old Fiverr encouraged risk-taking and as long you didn’t get cancellations due to lateness, you were left alone.

The new Fiverr discourages risk taking. So if one gig has a rating of 4.5 and another one is rated at 4.8, guess which one I’m keeping?

Basically, Fiverr is no longer about making money, now it’s about avoiding trouble.

Want to design logos? Don’t bother unless you’re an award-winning logo designer. Want to write LinkedIn Summaries? Don’t do it unless you’re the best one at it.

Delete it or pause it. The old Fiverr encouraged risk-taking and as long you didn’t get cancellations due to lateness, you were left alone.

The new Fiverr discourages risk taking. So if one gig has a rating of 4.5 and another one is rated at 4.8, guess which one I’m keeping?

Basically, Fiverr is no longer about making money, now it’s about avoiding trouble.

Want to design logos? Don’t bother unless you’re an award-winning logo designer. Want to write LinkedIn Summaries? Don’t do it unless you’re the best one at it.

Oh I see… then I guess they just make sure it stays paused until you level back up…

I disagree. Fiverr is a business that exists to make money, and they make their money from $20 of every sale we make. So, yes, Fiverr is still 100% about making money, but they also want to encourage the people who are making that money to work at a higher level then before.

A higher level of seller = a better reputation for Fiverr.

Therefore, Fiverr is nothing without us, but we (as sellers) are encouraged to be better because of Fiverr. Both Fiverr, and us sellers win in this deal. And the crappy junk sellers (they know who they are) disappear from the radar and are no longer able to scam buyers. Which, in turn, also helps raise Fiverr’s reputation – which, in turn, brings better buyers to Fiverr, and those better buyers buy from us, the sellers.

It works. It will work. This is not the end of Fiverr, nor the end of great sellers on Fiverr.

You got demoted. I’m sorry to hear that. But, you, like me, just missed one of the stats. You and I can both earn our former levels back in no time. I know I will earn mine back, because I am a serious, determined, professional seller that is drive to succeed. I would imagine you want to be seen as the same. It’s a mindset thing now. The good, determined sellers rise to the top. The crappy, lazy, “I don’t care” sellers fall into oblivion.

Oh I see… then I guess they just make sure it stays paused until you level back up…

Some of my favorite people on Fiverr have 5 gigs, others less. It’s true that more gigs means more opportunities to make money, but maybe it’s better to concentrate on problem free gigs in this brave new world of ours.

Some of my favorite people on Fiverr have 5 gigs, others less. It’s true that more gigs means more opportunities to make money, but maybe it’s better to concentrate on problem free gigs in this brave new world of ours.

Perhaps. Every seller has a different way of doing business. What works for me, might not work for you… and vice versa. Try the “problem free gigs” approach, and let us know how well that works. The only way we, as sellers, succeed, is by working within the rules Fiverr establishes, and finding creative ways – within those rules – to make our unique services valuable to our target customers. 🙂

I disagree. Fiverr is a business that exists to make money, and they make their money from $20 of every sale we make. So, yes, Fiverr is still 100% about making money, but they also want to encourage the people who are making that money to work at a higher level then before.

Therefore, Fiverr is nothing without us, but we (as sellers) are encouraged to be better because of Fiverr. Both Fiverr, and us sellers win in this deal. And the crappy junk sellers (they know who they are) disappear from the radar and are no longer able to scam buyers. Which, in turn, also helps raise Fiverr’s reputation – which, in turn, brings better buyers to Fiverr, and those better buyers buy from us, the sellers.

It works. It will work. This is not the end of Fiverr, nor the end of great sellers on Fiverr.

You got demoted. I’m sorry to hear that. But, you, like me, just missed one of the stats. You and I can both earn our former levels back in no time. I know I will earn mine back, because I am a serious, determined, professional seller that is drive to succeed. I would imagine you want to be seen as the same. It’s a mindset thing now. The good, determined sellers rise to the top. The crappy, lazy, “I don’t care” sellers fall into oblivion.

And the crappy junk sellers (they know who they are) disappear from the radar and are no longer able to scam buyers.

Wrong, the scammers will always find a way to scam. Fiverr isn’t fracking with them, they’re fracking with us.

You and I can both earn our former levels back in no time.

I was TRS, you have to be nominated to be TRS. Why would they nominate me now? Have you met a TRS that was demoted and then promoted? I haven’t.

I know I will earn mine back, because I am a serious, determined, professional seller that is drive to succeed.

That is irrelevant, bad things happen to good people everyday. Positivity and motivation is useless when you get bad buyers, bad orders.

If Fiverr was realistic, their minimums would be 4.5 instead of 4.8, and 80% completion rate instead of 90%. They would also allow us to appeal demotions, and maybe Fiverr’s top earners, those who earn more than $1,000 a month, would be protected.

that’s prove, how sellers are important for fiverr. if good sellers don’t exists on fiverr. there will no meaning of fiverr.

😉

Archived