Why did you choose to work on 5r? ?

gina_riley2

I started out working retail as such a nice and optimistic person

Working in hospitality was the same for me. When I finally quit and left, I slept almost for 3-days straight and started to feel like a whole new person. The thing is, once you freelance, you can’t go back to the real world. Last year I had a drunk pervy old man take it upon himself to grab my bum while I was listing absolutely everything the table next to him was allergic too.

First I said, ‘please stop that.’ Then when he did it again I just punched him.

“You stay in the kitchen now, okay?” My then manager informed me.

Then this year, I got a part-time job in a local shop but lasted all of 2-hours, due to the manager using every moment to attempt to imbue me with a sense of awe at his business and customer service skills. That would have been fine if he had any. The thing is, when you keep the lights off to save on the electricity bill, only putting them on when customers come in…Yeah…

Anyway, good luck. Since you are now an official exile from the real world, there is now only this or politics. The latter pays better but even with that you have a whole initiation ceremony and all kinds of other evils.

Oh my goodness! I guess men have to deal with perverts in customer service too 😕 I’ve never been groped (thank goodness!) but a couple of my girlfriends who work customer service have had it happen to them. It seems like it would be incredibly dehumanizing to have someone do that. I’m sorry you had to deal with that 😦

Yeah, I also feel like I could never go back to customer service now. It feels so good not to have to worry about people screeching at me or disrespecting me. It’s so empowering to be able to say, “I don’t want to work with you.”

I’m currently in the midst of my first sales slump. I’ve had constant work on Fiverr up until a couple weeks ago. Even now that my sales have dwindles I don’t want to go back to customer service. I’d rather eat Ramen until the post-Christmas slump is over.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness! I guess men have to deal with perverts in customer service too 😕 I’ve never been groped (thank goodness!) but a couple of my girlfriends who work customer service have had it happen to them. It seems like it would be incredibly dehumanizing to have someone do that. I’m sorry you had to deal with that 😦

Yeah, I also feel like I could never go back to customer service now. It feels so good not to have to worry about people screeching at me or disrespecting me. It’s so empowering to be able to say, “I don’t want to work with you.”

I’m currently in the midst of my first sales slump. I’ve had constant work on Fiverr up until a couple weeks ago. Even now that my sales have dwindles I don’t want to go back to customer service. I’d rather eat Ramen until the post-Christmas slump is over.

I guess men have to deal with perverts in customer service too

In hospitality, you would not believe it. By my estimations, Hollywood scandals have nothing on the economic crisis which would ensue, if every Spanish, Italian, and Eastern European waiter in the UK who has ever been accosted by a rich old lady suddenly decided to sue.

I’d rather eat Ramen until the post-Christmas slump is over.

DONT EAT RAMEN! Eat cheap and sit by a lit cigarette to keep warm by all means. Just don’t become a Ramen noodle junkie. Within a week you will live in your underwear, not know what day it is, and be too afraid to answer the door because of the sheer volume of MSG stained plates and bowls which you promised yourself you would wash up a week ago but just never did.

Eat an apple or adopt a temporary sardines on toast diet. Doing so is cleaner, healthier, and won’t lead to an all-out nervous breakdown because of all the crazy chemicals.

In hospitality, you would not believe it. By my estimations, Hollywood scandals have nothing on the economic crisis which would ensue, if every Spanish, Italian, and Eastern European waiter in the UK who has ever been accosted by a rich old lady suddenly decided to sue.

DONT EAT RAMEN! Eat cheap and sit by a lit cigarette to keep warm by all means. Just don’t become a Ramen noodle junkie. Within a week you will live in your underwear, not know what day it is, and be too afraid to answer the door because of the sheer volume of MSG stained plates and bowls which you promised yourself you would wash up a week ago but just never did.

Eat an apple or adopt a temporary sardines on toast diet. Doing so is cleaner, healthier, and won’t lead to an all-out nervous breakdown because of all the crazy chemicals.

I find this offensive towards all the noodle junkies out there including me.

I understand that there’s a stereotype associated with us about wearing underwear but that is baseless and outdated. I’d appreciate if you’d be a bit more sensitive about this. But the rest is true though.

I find this offensive towards all the noodle junkies out there including me.

I understand that there’s a stereotype associated with us about wearing underwear but that is baseless and outdated. I’d appreciate if you’d be a bit more sensitive about this. But the rest is true though.

I understand that there’s a stereotype associated with us about wearing underwear but that is baseless and outdated

Indeed, many of us wear no underwear at all anymore. I take this back. I am sorry. I neither realized that you were naked or so easily offendable.

Ha! This response made me laugh so much 😛

Hopefully it doesn’t come to any of that. I’m fiddling with my prices and packages and trying to capture some sales. Fingers crossed! 🙂

I joined fiverr when the site still looked like this back in 2011:

ss.png.5d5a2d7e1581bebf7859212927dadd0c.png

It’s was fun, cool, easy.
I still remember my 1st review was a negative one due to I don’t know how to deliver the order. LOL.

My main reason choose to work on fiverr because in the year of 2008 I closed down my local art studio due to crazy high rents (Hong Kong at that time), I was back to my wife’s home living with her parents and JOBLESS, hopefully I can do something online, and one day I visited a site name fiverr then I give it a shot.

I registered the same day I got an order which it seems really works, I was like WTF?
That’s led me to the path of freelance career and no looking back after nearly 7 years.

Another platform like DownRest I tried but it need to bid each job and required cover letter thing, I really hate that.

fiverr is my only main source of income, I really hope they will do better for their system and search algorithm (be more clear & provide standards) in this year 2018.

May God bless fiverr & us all.

I understand that there’s a stereotype associated with us about wearing underwear but that is baseless and outdated

Indeed, many of us wear no underwear at all anymore. I take this back. I am sorry. I neither realized that you were naked or so easily offendable.

All right, as long as it doesn’t happen again.

I think Fiverr chose me! Fiverr always had more users, more opportunity because it was always popular.

I remember trying out other platforms but they weren’t bringing in much. I started focusing more on Fiverr and leaving those sites behind.

I started focusing more on Fiverr and leaving those sites behind.

I’m getting the feeling the simplicity is what kept you from leaving; even with some of the newer changes you may not be all that happy about?? :thinking:

I didn’t really have a reason to quit,

Okay, so I have a confession to make. I’ve cheated on you few times, simply because I don’t like having all my eggs in one basket; but I admit that you are one of a kind. No one else can do chibi as well. To top it off, I have to write a 1000 word article explaining what I want and it still doesn’t turn out the way I want.

You’re good at what you do, people appreciate you, occasional difficult customers, but I get why you want to stay! 🙂

I hated the idea of bidding for projects every morning

This seems to be a common theme on why people stay on 5r! Bidding can be time consuming and time = money! 🙂

reference to ebooks and covers and since I needed some ebook work doing

Hum, interesting. I typically buy stock photos from Canstock and give to sellers with the title of the book to design me a cover. You’ll have to educate me on how a cover can be fake? (I can’t speak for everyone or every site, but the fine print on Canstock gives me permission to use what I purchase for up to 1000 sales of ads or book cover).

I came as a buyer and became a seller.

I know a few that fall into this category! Perhaps, one day, when or if I ever decided to leave my full-time job and go freelancing full time, I may create a gig - although, I’m not sure what. 🤨

i hate bidding which is not my standard!

You’re like the 3rd person to say this just on this thread alone. People hate bidding. I’ve never bid on a project. I have a side freelancing but that is selling ebooks on Amazon, so I just publish and Amazon does rest. 😄

The thing is, once you freelance, you can’t go back to the real world.

That’s what I’m scared of. My full time job can be trying at times, but it pay really well with some great benefits. I don’t want to lose all that. There are times that I wish I could do something more exciting. I’m so bored, I just want to scream sometimes. 😱

I’m getting the feeling the simplicity is what kept you from leaving; even with some of the newer changes you may not be all that happy about?? :thinking:

Okay, so I have a confession to make. I’ve cheated on you few times, simply because I don’t like having all my eggs in one basket; but I admit that you are one of a kind. No one else can do chibi as well. To top it off, I have to write a 1000 word article explaining what I want and it still doesn’t turn out the way I want.

You’re good at what you do, people appreciate you, occasional difficult customers, but I get why you want to stay! 🙂

This seems to be a common theme on why people stay on 5r! Bidding can be time consuming and time = money! 🙂

Hum, interesting. I typically buy stock photos from Canstock and give to sellers with the title of the book to design me a cover. You’ll have to educate me on how a cover can be fake? (I can’t speak for everyone or every site, but the fine print on Canstock gives me permission to use what I purchase for up to 1000 sales of ads or book cover).

I know a few that fall into this category! Perhaps, one day, when or if I ever decided to leave my full-time job and go freelancing full time, I may create a gig - although, I’m not sure what. 🤨

You’re like the 3rd person to say this just on this thread alone. People hate bidding. I’ve never bid on a project. I have a side freelancing but that is selling ebooks on Amazon, so I just publish and Amazon does rest. 😄

That’s what I’m scared of. My full time job can be trying at times, but it pay really well with some great benefits. I don’t want to lose all that. There are times that I wish I could do something more exciting. I’m so bored, I just want to scream sometimes. 😱

You’ll have to educate me on how a cover can be fake?

You have misunderstood. The news article which brought me to Fiverr was about fake book reviews. It mentioned anything could be done here for $5, and I came here looking for ebook covers and formatting. Nothing I got was fake, it was just rubbish. - Hence why my first gigs were ebook formatting gigs!

I just then had to stop because 99% of people (me included) who write books, are the hardest to work with people in the known universe.

You have misunderstood. The news article which brought me to Fiverr was about fake book reviews. It mentioned anything could be done here for $5, and I came here looking for ebook covers and formatting. Nothing I got was fake, it was just rubbish. - Hence why my first gigs were ebook formatting gigs!

I just then had to stop because 99% of people (me included) who write books, are the hardest to work with people in the known universe.

99% of people (me included) who write books, are the hardest to work with people in the known universe.

@gina_riley2

image.jpg.83c687c30dead77862eedd020aa1547b.jpg

Hee, hee, hee. 😁

You’re hard to work with - when it comes to book, huh? I dunno, I like to think that the editors/proofreaders I work with think I’m rather easy to work with. 🤨

Hee, hee, hee. 😁

You’re hard to work with - when it comes to book, huh? I dunno, I like to think that the editors/proofreaders I work with think I’m rather easy to work with. 🤨

No. I’m currently on the 4th round of changes on an ebook for an author I’ve made a connection with locally and even though it is a $400 job, I’m wishing I never took it on.

Today’s changes pertain to page numbers. She wants them. I’m trying to politely say why this is ridiculous as ebook pages scale to the size of device screens. I can do it if she wants but her book won’t scale automatically to the screen size of anything but a few select devices.

It’s a dream Vs what’s possible in reality thing with authors.

I don’t like having all my eggs in one basket

makes perfect sense to me, it’s always a good thing to try other people/style.

I really appreciate you liking my work though! 😊

At the time during its infancy, I was in college looking for side income while tending to courses and going on fruitless in-person job interviews. The site was discovered while searching for freelance work. It was also an easy to understand site to work with when compared to the other sites I was working with at the time; had more than one option while working online.

I was on another freelancing site which has since merged with another but that wasn’t as nice to work for. Sure there were jobs with high pay but if you didn’t do your due diligence you were going to be in for a nightmare. Despite the stated budget there were buyers that would undermine the system by posting jobs with one budget but was only willing to pay a small amount.

To top it off there was no guarantee of work as - even if you price the task accordingly - there was a constant race to the bottom. I’ve stuck with fiverr because they are still simple in terms of not having sellers jump through hoops and they don’t limit you on service categories. I know it doesn’t sound like much coming from someone with just a small amount of orders under their belt but it is what it is.

I joined Fiverr because of it’s simplicity, it just worked. Sadly now though Fiverr are complicating simplicity, which is something I have seen many firms do over the years. Judging our performance and targets are a dangerous path to go down IMO, because we are self employed not employees. We pay 20% to be part of the Fiverr brand, but now I find myself questioning my loyalty to Fiverr because of all the changes. Too many buyers are trying to buy a 3 course meal for the price of a pint of milk.

I joined Fiverr to stop my friends from using my brains to make money. They would get orders about fiction and then give them to me and they would praise me for helping them get 5 stars.
I was curious, so I decided to join myself. I wanted to see how many 5 stars I could get. The money is a surprise.
Now, Fiverr is my second source of income even though I take the reviews more seriously.
I tried Up work and Freelancer but had to delete my accounts with them. Fiverr is the most user-friendly.

After joining freelancer and became tired of placing bids without any result, I registered for toptal. Unable to meet up with their live interview, I gave up on them. It was then I stumbled upon Fiverr. I gave it a try, and I loved the idea as it is just like opening a virtual company.

Actually, I did not know about it, why I chose Fiverr to work at during 2016. I knew only one thing Fiverr is good for a new freelancer. Then I tried.

That time I do not have any idea - after 2 years, now Fiverr is my career identity, for getting to know new people, gaining knowledge, experience and of course for earning.

Long Live Fiverr!

Actually, I did not know about it, why I chose Fiverr to work at during 2016. I knew only one thing Fiverr is good for a new freelancer. Then I tried.

That time I do not have any idea - after 2 years, now Fiverr is my career identity, for getting to know new people, gaining knowledge, experience and of course for earning.

Long Live Fiverr!

same things for me … Now Fiverr is my identity … i m very happy work in fiverr …

Archived