Voiceover Sellers - Beware degrading scam/spam requests

hannahhowzdy

After it took “Her” or “Him” probably “Him” over a day to write a script “I love you” I will be like:

Chi-McBride-Oh-Hell-No

After it took “Her” or “Him” probably “Him” over a day to write a script “I love you” I will be like:

What would that sentence have meant, had it survived?

I wish I could put a photo into this message - (does anyone know a way to import a screenshot into the forum?) - what must be the SAME user sent me a email today. While it is the funniest thing I have ever read, it is clearly the same person (they both had accounts recently created, using first and last names with numbers as their handles, and both had LinkedIn-looking, professional stock photos as their icons).

It reads: **********

it seems you have a reputation on fiverr. that is to say that you put all your fancy degrees and education on these but you do not actually do any quality work. i just wanted you to know that the word got around about that. also you put makeup on and pretend as though you are a “white” woman but you are really not "white. you seem to be busy getting lattes from the local cafe and keeping yourself a busybody running errands all day but you do not do any quality work. i just want you to know people know about that. and your reputation is like that on fiverr. thanks

LOLLLL.

Mod Note: Username removed.

That is just weird. I hope Fiverr take this seriously.

• 1 year later...

I have simply said a few times, “thank you for reaching out but I am passing on this project” I think audition requests on Fiverr are sometimes scams or at the least not professional. If I agree I never audition the entire request. Just use your oh oh feelings on these! Thank you so much for sharing.

• 7 months later...

so this lady asked for my help and also asked for me to send 2 test samples acting out two scenes and also sent a sample picture. It was a side on view from the waste up past the head with a guy banging on a door with the side of his fist repeatedly. I was asked to bang on a door or wall repeatedly with the side of my fist not the knuckles saying “come out” with short sleeves and angry but not shouting.

Looking at the practice photo I knew something was strange so I asked for the second scene and she said she hadn’t written it yet.

I turned down the offer and now the account and messages have disappeared.

You need to remove the username of your buyer as that is not allowed on the forum.

Archived