Random game: Childhood trauma movies

zeus777

My first scary movie was The Lost Boys - back when vampires were scary and not the stars of awful love stories (although 10 year old me would probably have been more scared/scarred watching kissing to be fair)

Warning: Scary vampire scene towards end of trailer

Click for trailer

The ending is kinda foggy in my mind. However, there’s no way in hell I’m going to watch it to refresh my memory. 😅

The twins scared the cherries 🍒

TheShiningTwins.png.6c74c6dae3832886381b35631f7f1169.png

LOVED Jaws 🦈 wasn’t afraid hehehe. As for Chucky, he didn’t really scare me, he just made me laugh. I thought he was the ugliest thing on the planet. 😂

@gig_freak I don’t like creepy crawlies, ANACONDA 🐍

@adsensewizard Watch and tell me how you feel afterward. :crazy_face:

My first scary movie was The Lost Boys - back when vampires were scary and not the stars of awful love stories

Hmm, I’ve never seen this one before. :thinking:

Wait, is the blond guy Mr. 24 Kiefer Sutherland? 😯

Watched the trailer, so my curiosity has been piqued. A good vampire flick is well overdue!

About the 💋 kissing thing, I always turned my head away. I wasn’t allowed to watch the lovey-dovey stuff at my tender age. :frowning_face:

@jonbaas Pet cemetery ⚰️

@misscrystal I’m tempted to watch the ones you’ve shared. 😄

@woofy31 Gritting my teeth. I’m still terrified of Freddy Krueger. 😅

Remember this tune? “one-two Freddy’s coming for you”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when I was 7 years old an saw the trailer of ‘The Exorcist’. That scared the eff out of me.
Of course in the meantime I watched it dozens of times without spilling soup.

I remember one time in 1986 when I watched it with my girlfriend and a bunch of friends. At that time we were experimenting with this ‘voodoo-stuff’ and a board like that. The girls wouldn’t dare going outside of the house before they grabbed the longest knifes they could find in the kitchen drawer.
Oh, and I had a little fight with my girlfriend because I made an obscene remark when Linda Blair was pounding the crucifix in her crotch and offered the priest to do her.

I didn’t watch actual horror until my late teens (I have no idea why, I just never cared) but when I was like 10 maybe? Or older, I don’t remember now, ‘Jumanji’ terrorized me for life. But then again, I was also petrified of that Spy Kids movie (the 3D one). I remember playing GTA whatever (San Andreas I think) with my cousin and then not sleeping for days because we watched that movie together. I’d like to say that they are truly scary or whatever but I don’t even remember, hadn’t dared to watch any of them in ages…

The ending is kinda foggy in my mind. However, there’s no way in hell I’m going to watch it to refresh my memory. 😅

The twins scared the cherries 🍒

TheShiningTwins

LOVED Jaws 🦈 wasn’t afraid hehehe. As for Chucky, he didn’t really scare me, he just made me laugh. I thought he was the ugliest thing on the planet. 😂

@gig_freak I don’t like creepy crawlies, ANACONDA 🐍

@adsensewizard Watch and tell me how you feel afterward. :crazy_face:

My first scary movie was The Lost Boys - back when vampires were scary and not the stars of awful love stories

Hmm, I’ve never seen this one before. :thinking:

Wait, is the blond guy Mr. 24 Kiefer Sutherland? 😯

Watched the trailer, so my curiosity has been piqued. A good vampire flick is well overdue!

About the 💋 kissing thing, I always turned my head away. I wasn’t allowed to watch the lovey-dovey stuff at my tender age. :frowning_face:

@jonbaas Pet cemetery ⚰️

@misscrystal I’m tempted to watch the ones you’ve shared. 😄

@woofy31 Gritting my teeth. I’m still terrified of Freddy Krueger. 😅

Remember this tune? “one-two Freddy’s coming for you”

You know what, I should watch it! It’s been sooo long since I watched it the last time that I don’t remember the plot at all :thinking: I’ll let you know how spoopy it was to me 😱

When I was young, I loved “Darby O’Gill and the Little People.”

imageimage

But I was scared of the Banshee. I have never forgotten it. Now, I watch it with my grandchildren, and they are not scared at all. But back then I sure was.

Now I like to watch it to see this handsome face. Hmm, @nikavoice does he look like anyone we might know?

Looks like Sean Connery.

imageimage

But I was scared of the Banshee. I have never forgotten it. Now, I watch it with my grandchildren, and they are not scared at all. But back then I sure was.

Now I like to watch it to see this handsome face. Hmm, @nikavoice does he look like anyone we might know?

Hmm, @nikavoice does he look like anyone we might know?

Are you talking to me? 😎

I remember when I was 7 years old an saw the trailer of ‘The Exorcist’. That scared the eff out of me.

Of course in the meantime I watched it dozens of times without spilling soup.

I remember one time in 1986 when I watched it with my girlfriend and a bunch of friends. At that time we were experimenting with this ‘voodoo-stuff’ and a board like that. The girls wouldn’t dare going outside of the house before they grabbed the longest knifes they could find in the kitchen drawer.

Oh, and I had a little fight with my girlfriend because I made an obscene remark when Linda Blair was pounding the crucifix in her crotch and offered the priest to do her.

I haven’t seen the ‘The Exorcist’ yet, actually.

I know all the famous scenes ( including the one you mentioned), I know the voice, I know the music, but never saw it from start to finish. I guess I am missing out, in a way?

This movie should be added to my “famous movies I’ve never seen” list so I can see it on my day off. I’ll try not to freak out…

Guest offlinehelpers

Where’d the other fun topic disappear? The one about childhood games and toys 🙀

This one?

favicon.ico

78b127d05692a920fa93190c1f8119a77a1d37c0_1_690x221.png

A Blast from the Past: What’s your fave Childhood Toy ? or ? Game? I’m taking you back in time to your childhood years. ? OK so if you were hiding under a rock or something. @eoinfinnegan started a new trend yesterday. Read...

Reading time: 12 mins ? Likes: 377 ❤

This one?

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

78b127d05692a920fa93190c1f8119a77a1d37c0_1_690x221.png

A Blast from the Past: What's your fave Childhood Toy ? or ? Game?

A Blast from the Past: What’s your fave Childhood Toy ? or ? Game? I’m taking you back in time to your childhood years. ? OK so if you were hiding under a rock or something. @eoinfinnegan started a new trend yesterday. Read...

Reading time: 12 mins ? Likes: 377 ❤

Yeah, that’s it! Thanks 😊 For some reason it wasn’t in the list of forum threads, no matter how far down I searched!

imageimage

😯

Hilarious 😂

@woofy31 How is your Scottish accent?

I know all the famous scenes ( including the one you mentioned), I know the voice, I know the music, but never saw it from start to finish. I guess I am missing out, in a way?

This movie should be added to my “famous movies I’ve never seen” list so I can see it on my day off. I’ll try not to freak out…

I never have either and don’t want to see it because I lived down the street from the house in the movie where it was filmed, the Prospect House. I also do work that is similar to that, although it is not nearly as theatrical as depicted.

That movie was based on an actual case of possession, which was corrected by Catholic priests who specialized in exorcisms.

Maybe that is it. I have always loved Sean, and he still looks good even at 87.

Oh dang, he’s 87 now!!??

That is one heck of a good looking 87 year old!

I hope I can look like that (OK, I ain’t a dude, but still) when I’m 87!!

OK, here’s my new future goal:

My 70’s: Look like my 75 year old aunt that looks 50

My 80’s : Look like Sean Connery

My 90’s : Look like Stan Lee.

Archived