Does requesting extension pause delivery time?

thefarrahmonste

I’ve run into this a few times and am curious - sometimes a buyer isn’t being very responsive, but I’ll run into an issue and need an answer to a very important question (like “I can’t finish this and deliver until I know” important)… and sometimes they take forever and a day to respond to that very important question, so I get deadlocked.

For instance, let’s say they want me to write lyrics - I have to get the lyrics approved before I can record the singing. I ran into situations when I first started out, where I’d stupidly record the lyrics without getting approval, and then have to do the whole thing over if they didn’t suit the buyer’s vision. This would turn a two hour job suddenly becomes a four hour job for no extra pay. To avoid this, I’ve learned to always get lyrics approved before the recording stage. Easy, right?

The problem is, sometimes 12-24+ hours will pass without a response and suddenly delivery time is very close but I’ve got no answer from the buyer. So, long story short, my question is - if I send a request to extend the delivery time in these cases, will it pause the countdown until they respond or am I kinda screwed? So far things have always worked out with the buyer responding at the very last minute, but it’s a constant fear of mine that one day they won’t and everything will fall apart LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’ve run into this a few times and am curious - sometimes a buyer isn’t being very responsive, but I’ll run into an issue and need an answer to a very important question (like “I can’t finish this and deliver until I know” important)… and sometimes they take forever and a day to respond to that very important question, so I get deadlocked.

For instance, let’s say they want me to write lyrics - I have to get the lyrics approved before I can record the singing. I ran into situations when I first started out, where I’d stupidly record the lyrics without getting approval, and then have to do the whole thing over if they didn’t suit the buyer’s vision. This would turn a two hour job suddenly becomes a four hour job for no extra pay. To avoid this, I’ve learned to always get lyrics approved before the recording stage. Easy, right?

The problem is, sometimes 12-24+ hours will pass without a response and suddenly delivery time is very close but I’ve got no answer from the buyer. So, long story short, my question is - if I send a request to extend the delivery time in these cases, will it pause the countdown until they respond or am I kinda screwed? So far things have always worked out with the buyer responding at the very last minute, but it’s a constant fear of mine that one day they won’t and everything will fall apart LOL.

Hi,

This is what I just did, and I will try to answer it based on my experience.

So if the question is :

will it pause the countdown until they respond

the answer is NO. But the countdown will increase automatically once the buyer accepts it (to extend the delivery time of the order).

• Like 1