What's for dinner tonight?

newsmike

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lasagne, you made it from scratch? or you took the easy way out and bought that frozen stuff?

Neither, I found a surprisingly optimistic medium…

My local butcher does freshly made portions “for two”.

I paid for it all on my own though!

PS. That poor kid never got another decent acting job - saw a movie where he was in his mid-twenties which was weird as he looks the same. It was rubbish…

PPS. @newsmike You get to nominate someone to create tomorrows refreshingly different topic!

PS. That poor kid never got another decent acting job - saw a movie where he was in his mid-twenties which was weird as he looks the same. It was rubbish…

Yeah. Just like Macaulay Culkin, he went from a cutie patootie to a… not so much anymore.

I nominate @nikavoice

I got the memo, Mike! 😛

Oh yeah, I’m going to savor each bite.

Your dish looks yummy, too. Bon appetite! 😃

P.S my hearts are depleted but I’ll be back, like Arnie. 😉

@gig_freak here’s a good one! I know you miss these kinda threads.

I had a lettuce pie, it isn’t that cool, but it’s my favorite kind of pie, so I got that going for me which is nice. 😛

26647911_1765982490093251_996444016_n.jpg.43bd1312a25a13529e4b18daaf1e35bc.jpg

Yeah. Just like Macaulay Culkin, he went from a cutie patootie to a… not so much anymore.

I nominate @nikavoice

I got the memo, Mike! 😛

I got the memo, Mike! 😛

I was gonna shine the bat light as soon as the sun went down.

Lettuce pie, now that’s different.

I just want to take a 🔪 and slice a piece to see what’s inside.

The swirl detail is nice!

I hadn’t had a lettuce pie since both of my grandmothers passed away. It was a surprise to see this at my table. Just it isn’t as good as my grannies used to bake them.

It’s filled with lettuce and cottage cheese, in a combination with greek yogurt it’s DOPE!!!

How was the pasta @newsmike? 🙂

I hadn’t had a lettuce pie since both of my grandmothers passed away. It was a surprise to see this at my table. Just it isn’t as good as my grannies used to bake them.

It’s filled with lettuce and cottage cheese, in a combination with greek yogurt it’s DOPE!!!

How was the pasta @newsmike?

Still an hour till dinner, but I realized I don’t have the pancetta, so its gonna be spicy garlic pasta instead.

That lettuce pie looks good. It is important to keep making the foods that remind you of those you love who have passed.

How was the pasta @newsmike?

Still an hour till dinner, but I realized I don’t have the pancetta, so its gonna be spicy garlic pasta instead.

That lettuce pie looks good. It is important to keep making the foods that remind you of those you love who have passed.

Spicy garlic paste is phenomenal. Personally, I am not a pasta fanatic. I love chicken dishes, and I always experiment with different dressings (sauces?), spices. 😛

It is important to keep making the foods that remind you of those you love who have passed.

Yeah, it’s always good to do stuff that reminds you of people that you love. I would do everything to have a slice of my granny’s pie. 🙂

Guest sara19841

Just it isn’t as good as my grannies used to bake them.

Never is, is it? You could follow their recipe down to the last microgram but it wouldn’t be as good as when they made it.

Spicy garlic paste is phenomenal. Personally, I am not a pasta fanatic. I love chicken dishes, and I always experiment with different dressings (sauces?), spices. 😛

It is important to keep making the foods that remind you of those you love who have passed.

Yeah, it’s always good to do stuff that reminds you of people that you love. I would do everything to have a slice of my granny’s pie. 🙂

I would do everything to have a slice of my granny’s pie. 🙂

You will, be patient, you will. 😀

Note: Somehow some folks have misunderstood this. I was merely suggesting that one day, he will see his beloved granny again.

My mother’s favorite:

Key Lime Pie

06fcc138-385c-4fb8-a95a-021faed0bdf0--photo-144-.JPG.3d9338d4c432e8222dd962ccb87acf45.JPG

I forgot about your sarcasm. 😛

I remember when we had the conversation about the dev team, I burst out my 🍑 out of laughing.

My mother’s favorite:

Key Lime Pie

I should try that.

I forgot about your sarcasm

I wasn’t being sarcastic in my response to you.

I made a batch of butternut squash soup and La Petite Bakery provided the crusty bread!
But @gig_freak I want a piece of your lettuce pie! 😋

image.jpg.abe19dc20bd146c8c34350f2d02266a7.jpg

@nikavoice You had part of our Christmas Eve Dinner. We add filet minion steak, mostly because one of my sons does not like to eat “sea bugs”! 🦀
@newsmike are you Italian? My mama-in-law was. I learned how to make some good Italian 🇮🇹
@misscrystal It looks like you are eating pretty healthy! 🍅
@eoinfinnegan in our house my hubby calls your dinner lazagna! 😃
@fonthaunt I made fried okara once. It was good! But that was many 🌛s ago.
@sara19841 it must be hard to come and look at all of this good food after having only 🍞 toasted. So did you end up making something else?

I look forward to Nika’s post tomorrow! 😍

Guest sara19841

I made a batch of butternut squash soup and La Petite Bakery provided the crusty bread!

@nikavoice You had part of our Christmas Eve Dinner. We add filet minion steak, mostly because one of my sons does not like to eat “sea bugs”! 🦀

@newsmike are you Italian? My mama-in-law was. I learned how to make some good Italian 🇮🇹

@sara19841 it must be hard to come and look at all of this good food after having only 🍞 toasted. So did you end up making something else?

It was really hard, Vickie! An hour after this thread was posted, I raided the snack cupboard and had some chocolate and wine. So thanks, ya’ll, for making me consume those extra calories. 😉

Your dinner looks great. Nothing like soup on a cold night. At least the hubby doesn’t call it butternut squazz soup, eh!

Does a virtual slice count? 😛

Yes, Italian by way of Brooklyn.

I’m coming over for dinner tonight. 😋

As for the “sea bugs”! 🦀

@zeus777 I’ve never tried sukiyaki before, but I’ll look out for it on a menu somewhere. 😉

The post will be up soon, just finishing up a few things here.

Archived