Why do buyers not reply!

ag151293

On 1/5/2018 at 12:44 PM, mariokluser said:

You can make the requirements mandatory, so the clock will not start ticking.

Oh really? Let me check that out. You do that in settings?

Okay I checked, and “Answer is mandatory” is ticked already - yet this order is still appearing in active orders. She’s simply ignoring the requirment.

1148463522_AnswerMandatory.JPG.824801b26ddf9351d8e378cee16fec2c.JPG

Now it’s appearing in active as “incomplete” and due in 42 minutes. 😑 

1470639694_42minutes.JPG.79026f087cb43d1c48e2e48c7f3657a3.JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2018 at 9:39 PM, zubairfb said:

Improve what you write when sending your offer… Even if you have 1% success you will get 1 order in 10 days… if that is not the case… Something is seriously wrong with your offers…

It has been 4 months not getting single order on buyer request. They come and talk and go… When I come to order, then no reply from buyer.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:45 PM, socialhonor said:

Okay I checked, and “Answer is mandatory” is ticked already - yet this order is still appearing in active orders. She’s simply ignoring the requirment. Now it’s appearing in active as “incomplete” and due in 42 minutes.

Do you really think that if we make this mandatory option on. they will follow it properly?

On 1/5/2018 at 10:18 PM, ag151293 said:

Do you really think that if we make this mandatory option on. they will follow it properly?

Unless you’re not being specific in your questions, you shouldn’t be having any problems with your buyers not answering your order requirements. If a serious buyer places an order, they’ll answer the questions you provide. If there are many buyers not following directions, then the problem isn’t with your buyers, it’s with you and/or the order requirements you have established.

It doesn’t affect you if they don’t submit the requirements immediately. As it says on the top, it hasn’t started yet, therefore there is no countdown, therefore it is not possible for it to be late just yet.

Also, I always make my requirements mandatory and I don’t have many problems with buyers not filling them out correctly.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:57 PM, socialhonor said:

Okay I checked, and “Answer is mandatory” is ticked already - yet this order is still appearing in active orders. She’s simply ignoring the requirment.

Now it’s appearing in active as “incomplete” and due in 42 minutes.

If it shows as incomplete then it probably has stopped the clock on it until she answers but I’m not sure why it says it’s due in 42 minutes.

If you make the requirements mandatory the clock will not start to tick until the buyer has send the requirements.

If he/she ignores you the time will never start and the order just will stay there forever without harming you in any way. Then you can go on with your life and work for customers who do interact. It’s that simple.

If it shows as incomplete then it probably has stopped the clock on it until she answers but I’m not sure why it says it’s due in 42 minutes.

🙂Thankfully YES, you’re right! YAY! Now if I could just get rid of all those other “Active” orders - some dating back to 2102… I’d be very happy 😑

I asked some questions yesterday of a client who had an order in progress, and even though he was shown as online, no answers. I’m not sure what goes through their minds.

EXACTLY///////// Its true that after they closing the tab it will get few minutes to turn that green bulb to grey.

But sometimes they are literally online but no reply to their own order. 😂

It doesn’t affect you if they don’t submit the requirements immediately. As it says on the top, it hasn’t started yet, therefore there is no countdown, therefore it is not possible for it to be late just yet.

Also, I always make my requirements mandatory and I don’t have many problems with buyers not filling them out correctly.

Buyers requirements are very essential points in order to complete the task/projects. Unless the buyer not provide you the details,so how can you provide them the right result? This is to ensure that both parties have made an agreement about the task and to avoid any conflicts and misunderstanding later.

If you make the requirements mandatory the clock will not start to tick until the buyer has send the requirements.

If he/she ignores you the time will never start and the order just will stay there forever without harming you in any way. Then you can go on with your life and work for customers who do interact. It’s that simple.

You’re right about the order not starting. That’s great!

It does harm in one way though! I cannot use available now because I have these exact types of orders, 35 to be exact dating back to 2012. They’ve been nudged, KICKED 👢(lol) and everything else I can do to get their attention. Unfortunately - some haven’t even logged on since 2012, so basically MIA- but as it relates to using available now - they are seen as “Active” orders. Leaving me in a choke hold. Cancellations work again “completions” - so if I do that, my eligibility is at risk.

No good at all.

Hi, I was told by someone else here that the lost of options is never ending. A buyer may not say no to you
but keep you on hold for if a project goes bad. So the buyer gets exactly what they want. YOu are still in history
as a substantial seller to them.

So let me see the other day i thought a gig was going to be ordered but the buyer must have found a better deal
somewhere here. Im being told that higher is better in quality and so if a buyer talks to you. Try to sell higher for quality. I believe its called up-serve and so the buyer feels they get the better deal.

Sincerely,
Michael A. Gamoras

On 1/6/2018 at 1:07 AM, michaelgamoras said:

Hi, I was told by someone else here that the lost of options is never ending. A buyer may not say no to you but keep you on hold for if a project goes bad. So the buyer gets exactly what they want. YOu are still in history as a substantial seller to them.

So let me see the other day i thought a gig was going to be ordered but the buyer must have found a better deal somewhere here. Im being told that higher is better in quality and so if a buyer talks to you. Try to sell higher for quality. I believe its called up-serve and so the buyer feels they get the better deal.

but not reply is not make sense,In order to provide better quality. buyer need to contact with full information. I seen mostly. WE ARE REPLYING CONSISTENTLY and no reply still. Its so annoying. If you can’t say no, so say something that would be anything for dined the order.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:20 AM, ag151293 said:

but not reply is not make sense,In order to provide better quality. buyer need to contact with full information. I seen mostly. WE ARE REPLYING CONSISTENTLY and no reply still. Its so annoying. If you can’t say no, so say something that would be anything for dined the order.

your completely right but for us to tell them to say no. May sound rude. Let’s say you have a gig and you talk to your customer and he or she likes your product. They want to know that the product is always open to them.

Im a person that likes to repeat sales so I look for repeated business. Once i like a style of business from a seller. I like to repeat business again. So because they said nothing to you does not mean in other gigs you will be helpfull to them.

Buyers should have a limit on thier responses too but there is not a good way to tell them. YOu can say “Why are you so late in responding” and fiverr has the time they responded. YOu should judge if you can do business or not with this person. by being off line he or she knows that you are not around.

It is hard to do business this way but maybe in the future a chat to chat conference would be better for the buyer to feel confident.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:21 AM, michaelgamoras said:

your completely right but for us to tell them to say no. May sound rude. Let’s say you have a gig and you talk to your customer and he or she likes your product. They want to know that the product is always open to them.

Im a person that likes to repeat sales so I look for repeated business. Once i like a style of business from a seller. I like to repeat business again. So because they said nothing to you does not mean in other gigs you will be helpfull to them.

Buyers should have a limit on thier responses too but there is not a good way to tell them. YOu can say “Why are you so late in responding” and fiverr has the time they responded. YOu should judge if you can do business or not with this person. by being off line he or she knows that you are not around.

It is hard to do business this way but maybe in the future a chat to chat conference would be better for the buyer to feel confident.

I really appreciate that you said, few week ago, if tell me about myself , I had received one of client he is interested he said, I love to order. But I need a discount I said okay and give him discount. when I started asking for the order,.He disappeared , I was consistently replying to him. Instead of being online he was not replying to my question.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:46 AM, socialhonor said:

It does harm in one way though! I cannot use available now because I have these exact types of orders, 35 to be exact dating back to 2012. They’ve been nudged, KICKED 👢(lol) and everything else I can do to get their attention. Unfortunately - some haven’t even logged on since 2012, so basically MIA- but as it relates to using available now - they are seen as “Active” orders. Leaving me in a choke hold. Cancellations work again “completions” - so if I do that, my eligibility is at risk.

This is indeed a bummer. CS should look into this to find a solution that doesn’t leave you damaged.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, ag151293 said:

I really appreciate that you said, few week ago, if tell me about myself , I had received one of client he is interested he said, I love to order. But I need a discount I said okay and give him discount. when I started asking for the order,.He disappeared , I was consistently replying to him. Instead of being online he was not replying to my question.

If there is no order you shouldn’t keep messaging them after you have send your quotation. This can be very annoying, just as it is not to receive an answer. Just let it go.

And don’t give discounts too easily. I just had a request for a quote in my inbox and it would be an order around $540,00. I will ask the buyer to look for another seller, because he clearly didn’t read my gig descriptions carefully enough and in the way he expresses himself I can already smell that it would be very unpleasant to work with him. It’s always good to be able to just say ‘no’. This keeps problems at bay.

It’s always good to be able to just say ‘no’. This keeps problems at bay.

I just got a $5 order from someone who wants $800 worth of work he listed in the requirements section.

What are people like this are thinking?

In the meantime I developed a sense in the way I get approached if they will be a nightmare to work with.

This includes also those who have a very sophisticated and professional approach and an utterly decent use of language. There is always a warning sign somewhere under the surface of the conversation.

Buyers requirements are very essential points in order to complete the task/projects. Unless the buyer not provide you the details,so how can you provide them the right result? This is to ensure that both parties have made an agreement about the task and to avoid any conflicts and misunderstanding later.

I know, which is why I make them mandatory and save myself some headaches.

I am a seller of excel vba gig. If I don’t get the information from buyer for the order.I start the order and send them a blank excel sheet. If they don’t look at that for three days then the order is marked as completed. Or, if they look at that, I told them to give the description and more time.

I am a seller of excel vba gig. If I don’t get the information from buyer for the order.I start the order and send them a blank excel sheet. If they don’t look at that for three days then the order is marked as completed. Or, if they look at that, I told them to give the description and more time.

absolutely, information is mandatory for this work. They are not willing to give information but they want result somehow.

On 1/7/2018 at 1:05 AM, mariokluser said:

There is always a warning sign somewhere under the surface of the conversation.

Always a warning sign is right, something is off in what they say. Half the $5 ones are like that, not so much above that amount. Slowly raising my prices to prevent these problems.

Archived