Fiverr is a cheat! - Buyers perspective!

adamindia5

He might mean to buy their services. Let’s not look into the nitty-gritty details shall we?

Who words things like that. He said what he means. I’m sure you have heard of a Freudian slip.

He said he wants to use it against sellers. How much more clear can it be?

I can sense your manipulation here, use it against sellers obviously means to use it for other gigs and their offerings.

Well he was banned so maybe that was wrong too. Who knows.

[ Removed ]I dont really care whatever conclusion you come to. Thanks

I agree this is why I asked what he requested and how much he paid. It can be a case of paying $5 for a full site or it can be a case of a newbie taking on work he couldn’t handle. Hopefully, @adamindia5 will share this info with us.

I will share once my daily posting limit is renewed.

Mod note: I have temporarily lifted your posting limit to allow you continue the conversation but please note your forum account will be blocked at some point as you need to have an active Fiverr account to use the forum.

That’s a huge run of bad luck.

Fiverr’s PR at work! doing damage control is it?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might mean to buy their services. Let’s not look into the nitty-gritty details shall we?

Bang on! Im sure your one of those 10% on Fiverr who’s genuine!

Yes but I still think giving people a fair trial is reasonable. @adamindia5 what were the services you requested and how much did you pay for them?

We have people here that call messages massagas…so you know.

Well he was banned so maybe that was wrong too. Who knows. I think nine cancellations is too many.

Well he was banned so maybe that was wrong too. Who knows. I think nine cancellations is too many.

I agree this is why I asked what he requested and how much he paid. It can be a case of paying $5 for a full site or it can be a case of a newbie taking on work he couldn’t handle. Hopefully, @adamindia5 will share this info with us.

It is not going back to my card. They want me to withdraw money into my PayPal as seller and then from PayPal to my bank as “Revenue” which will be taxable at my end!

I don´t quite understand the bit about withdrawing it into your PayPal either, if you paid with credit card and told them you want it back to your credit card, they should have refunded it to that credit card, maybe there was a misunderstanding there, we can´t know as we can´t see the whole story and conversations, of course.

The tax bit - if you deduct the money as business expenses when you pay it, obviously, what you get back from it, needs to go into the books as business income.

As an example, I pay the electricity bill for my office, that´s in the books as a business expense, but when the electricity company pays me some of it back after the next settlement, of course, I need to put that in the books as income. Else, the finance guys would give me a hard time in the case of an audit. Deducting money as a business expense but treating a refund of that money as private won´t fly, at least not here, may be different where you are, I can´t imagine it´s much different elsewhere.

If you don´t/didn´t deduct that money as business expense, that´s a different story, of course, and in that case you should ask a tax pro, s/he can probably tell you what to do to not count it as income, shouldn´t really be a problem, all tax programs I know offer ways to deal with such things.

Guest offlinehelpers

I would like to bring this to public through this platform. I’ve been using Fiverr for sometime now and I’ve noticed that 90% of sellers here are fake, they either fake their skills or don’t deliver as per the committed timeline. Fiverr should be responsible in verifying their sellers and their work that they showcase to fool people.

I had some money left in my Fiverr account as refund which I thought I’d use it against other sellers but the same story again, I had to keep cancelling multiple orders mainly because they were not able to complete the task on time or they had done worst job possible. Tired and fedup I demanded my money back to my original payment source from Fiverr’s “Awesome” customer support. After multiple exchange of emails with them, they finally agreed to move the amount to a temporary “seller” account through which I could withdraw it to Paypal as “revenue”. I disagreed because I cannot show the amount as revenue in my account books because that will be taxable to me and I will end up loosing more money!

In return, they disable my account saying “High number of cancellations”!!!

I want to ask this to Fiverr (if someone from the management is reading) - What about high number of fraudsters on Fiverr doing fake work??

I’ve hired people on oDesk, Elance, Upwork for almost a decade now. But Fiverr deserves to be called a cheater!

Just beware guys. Stop wasting your money here. Fiverr is not going to do anything for you. They are just sitting hatching eggs, and if you raise your concern they will simply block your account for any stupid reasons.

I’ve hired people on oDesk, Elance, Upwork for almost a decade now

If they’re all so good, why did you feel the need to come to Fiverr?

I’ve hired people on oDesk, Elance, Upwork for almost a decade now

That’s a good question. I can’t get over the nine cancellations. It sounds like a habit. I wonder what they were all for. Maybe the OP can explain them and why there were so many. We are not supposed to cancel if we get something we simply don’t like.

If someone is a regular buyer with lots of purchases I can understand two or three. Fiverr does not ban buyers for no reason.

I can sense the frustration here but can we please keep it civil? If the buyer wants to rant about his/her experience then let him/her rant. I don’t see a need to jump on him/her and question his/her intentions by focusing on the cancellations. Please…this is the right category to do so. No need for this back and forth. As of right now the post will stay open but might be closed depending on how it goes. Thanks for understanding everybody.

I would like to bring this to public through this platform. I’ve been using Fiverr for sometime now and I’ve noticed that 90% of sellers here are fake, they either fake their skills or don’t deliver as per the committed timeline. Fiverr should be responsible in verifying their sellers and their work that they showcase to fool people.

I had some money left in my Fiverr account as refund which I thought I’d use it against other sellers but the same story again, I had to keep cancelling multiple orders mainly because they were not able to complete the task on time or they had done worst job possible. Tired and fedup I demanded my money back to my original payment source from Fiverr’s “Awesome” customer support. After multiple exchange of emails with them, they finally agreed to move the amount to a temporary “seller” account through which I could withdraw it to Paypal as “revenue”. I disagreed because I cannot show the amount as revenue in my account books because that will be taxable to me and I will end up loosing more money!

In return, they disable my account saying “High number of cancellations”!!!

I want to ask this to Fiverr (if someone from the management is reading) - What about high number of fraudsters on Fiverr doing fake work??

I’ve hired people on oDesk, Elance, Upwork for almost a decade now. But Fiverr deserves to be called a cheater!

Just beware guys. Stop wasting your money here. Fiverr is not going to do anything for you. They are just sitting hatching eggs, and if you raise your concern they will simply block your account for any stupid reasons.

I’ve been using Fiverr for sometime now and I’ve noticed that 90% of sellers here are fake

I don’t know if the percentage is accurate since we don’t have the tools to verify. But, I agree there are a few dishonest faux sellers here. I was duped by a male seller pretending to be a female seller. Then he lied about everything he said he could do. So, I understand why you feel the way you do. It’s not a good feeling at all.

Who words things like that. He said what he means. I’m sure you have heard of a Freudian slip.

Here is another Buyer’s perspective.

I have had 10 cancellations but not been banned - this is out of 230+ purchases though so that probably makes a difference. I have bought from 106 different sellers so roughly, 90% of the sellers did exactly what I wanted or better. 10% were cancelled due to poor work or the seller cancelling for various reasons.

Should I make an outlandish claim that 90% of sellers on Fiverr are excellent because I have hired 100 of the hundreds of thousands of sellers here? Of course not, the number of sellers I have hired is not enough to give a representative sample.

Might be worth noting for you that my first 5 or 6 cancellations came when I started on the site and once I learned how to spot the lame ducks I managed to have a much better success ratio.

He said he wants to use it against sellers

In the same way that you would use a credit note against an invoice.

I found two reviews by the OP:

1.Excellent. Professional. Good Job!

2.Will work again!

I hate it when people come here complaining but don’t tell the whole story.

I didn’t know fiverr cancelled accounts due to high number of cancellations but I’m glad. I know some people go around to numerous sellers getting work done and complaining about it so they get a refund repeatedly.

I’m not saying you did this OP but some buyers do this to get free work repeatedly.

I’ve made a lot of purchases but never had to cancel once.

I am reading between the lines here but it sounds like you did not want a refund to your account so you could continue to use those funds to make more purchases.

I totally agree with you, the poster is not realistic and it seems he or she is the kind of person when things don’t go their way, they get upset of everyone and exaggerate. Thee was no need to defame fiverr and praise another platform. I have met buyers who decided not to get satisfied no matter how hard the seller tries to satisfy them or how clear the seller’s gigs are but yet find a way to complain and most likely you are right, they just want free work.

I totally agree with you, the poster is not realistic and it seems he or she is the kind of person when things don’t go their way, they get upset of everyone and exaggerate. Thee was no need to defame fiverr and praise another platform. I have met buyers who decided not to get satisfied no matter how hard the seller tries to satisfy them or how clear the seller’s gigs are but yet find a way to complain and most likely you are right, they just want free work.

the poster is not realistic and it seems he or she is the kind of person when things don’t go their way, they get upset of everyone and exaggerate

That’s a bit harsh considering we don’t know the full story.

That’s a good question. I can’t get over the nine cancellations. It sounds like a habit. I wonder what they were all for. Maybe the OP can explain them and why there were so many. We are not supposed to cancel if we get something we simply don’t like.

If someone is a regular buyer with lots of purchases I can understand two or three. Fiverr does not ban buyers for no reason.

You can go on and on with this, I dont care.

I can sense the frustration here but can we please keep it civil?

Appreciate it! thank you!

I don’t know if the percentage is accurate since we don’t have the tools to verify. But, I agree there are a few dishonest faux sellers here. I was duped by a male seller pretending to be a female seller. Then he lied about everything he said he could do. So, I understand why you feel the way you do. It’s not a good feeling at all.

Thank you! feels good knowing i’m not alone!

I have had 10 cancellations but not been banned

Happy to know that but my problem is not being banned. My problem with Fiverr is with their intention. Regardless of 10 or 100 cancellations. They banned me right after I asked my money to be taken out of Fiverr.

If I may ask, why did you come to Fiverr??

I can understand Fiverr issuing me warning against my cancellations but straightaway banning me right after I asked for my money to be refunded does sound fishy. A lot of people might be happy with Fiverr but I’m not and I have genuine reasons for that.

Guest offlinehelpers

You can go on and on with this, I dont care.

I can sense the frustration here but can we please keep it civil?

Appreciate it! thank you!

Thank you! feels good knowing i’m not alone!

I have had 10 cancellations but not been banned

Happy to know that but my problem is not being banned. My problem with Fiverr is with their intention. Regardless of 10 or 100 cancellations. They banned me right after I asked my money to be taken out of Fiverr.

Sure - I was looking for somewhere I could work with awesome buyers, and that’s what I get here. 🙂

Sure - I was looking for somewhere I could work with awesome buyers, and that’s what I get here. 🙂

Similarly I was looking for awesome sellers much better than other platforms but I could not get it here!

Here is another Buyer’s perspective.

I have had 10 cancellations but not been banned - this is out of 230+ purchases though so that probably makes a difference. I have bought from 106 different sellers so roughly, 90% of the sellers did exactly what I wanted or better. 10% were cancelled due to poor work or the seller cancelling for various reasons.

Should I make an outlandish claim that 90% of sellers on Fiverr are excellent because I have hired 100 of the hundreds of thousands of sellers here? Of course not, the number of sellers I have hired is not enough to give a representative sample.

Might be worth noting for you that my first 5 or 6 cancellations came when I started on the site and once I learned how to spot the lame ducks I managed to have a much better success ratio.

He said he wants to use it against sellers

In the same way that you would use a credit note against an invoice.

Exactly my point. Banning someone because he/she asked for refund is not the right way.

Exactly my point. Banning someone because he/she asked for refund is not the right way.

Banning someone because he/she asked for refund is not the right way

I genuinely don’t understand that either and perhaps you could try take it up with customer support. The Fiverr ToS clearly allows for payments to be sent back to payment source when it is requested. Can I ask how much we are talking about here? Considering Fiverr is a particularly large company dealing in millions on a daily basis, I find it unbelievable that you think they would try to “take your money” in this way.

Banning someone because he/she asked for refund is not the right way

I genuinely don’t understand that either and perhaps you could try take it up with customer support. The Fiverr ToS clearly allows for payments to be sent back to payment source when it is requested. Can I ask how much we are talking about here? Considering Fiverr is a particularly large company dealing in millions on a daily basis, I find it unbelievable that you think they would try to “take your money” in this way.

Sorry I would not like to disclose the amount because money is money regardless $1 or $1000. I did read their ToS and that is how I contacted them to return the money but instead they ban me

the poster is not realistic and it seems he or she is the kind of person when things don’t go their way, they get upset of everyone and exaggerate

That’s a bit harsh considering we don’t know the full story.

I am not referring in particular to the poster, I was talking in general, however 90% fake sellers is a bit unrealistic, don’t you think so?

Sorry I would not like to disclose the amount because money is money regardless $1 or $1000. I did read their ToS and that is how I contacted them to return the money but instead they ban me

money is money regardless $1 or $1000

Yeah, of course but some amounts are not worth talking about in actuality.

I would direct you to the following part of the ToS which may or may not be applicable to you. It says sellers but I presume the same is true of buyers.

Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Fiverr’s approval.

Archived