How you deal with customer who want free revisions after the order is completed?

dannavictoria

Hi, guys, I am working on Fiverr for 2,5 years and I work very hard every day. I have almost 3000 great reviews and I think my customer care is pretty good. I offer unlimited revisions with one condition: to keep the order open by pressing the “request revision” button. I have that written in my gig description (FAQ) and I send a reminder that I charge for revisions if the order is completed in each of my delivery messages.

I had a trouble with a customer who said I didn’t notify him. I sent him a print screen of my delivery message with the text I sent in the order page: “One reminder: If you fail to click on revisions button in three days Fiverr will close the order. Me, as a seller can´t reopen it and after the order is closed, I charge for modifications, so please just press the button for modifications if you need any and I will be more then happy to make a revision. Thank you.”

It was a hard customer and he wanted to cancel the order because he didn’t like it, but based on Fiverr policy they can’t ask for a cancellation if they don’t like it. I am refering to this: ¨Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page.¨
That means that I did deliver what is promised and advertised on my gig, so you can´t be requesting a refund, you can request only modifications. If I delivered for example something unrelated to my gig you may request a refund.

As I read in Fiverr policy I have the right to determine how many revisions I offer, right?

So, I got a warning from Fiverr like this:
“To create a fair and respectable marketplace, we ask that you do not try to manipulate or find workarounds to ‘trick’ our system. This is considered as improper behavior and a violation of our Terms of Service.
This is your first reminder. Another violation of Fiverr’s TOS will result in a demotion of your current level.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

So, did I do anything wrong or what? Do you have any experience with this?

Yea, and it made me lose my level1 badge and later made my account disabled. So I think you should just give in. Doing this only once won’t damage your account or reduce your personality.
From my experience, you can only sort this out with the CS if you are a TRS cos you will be treated as a VIP but not even at all times.
If the buyer reports you two more times, your account will be deleted permanently without any remedy.

So dear, a stitch in time saves nine

I always offer revisions even after the order completion.
It’s my experience that when the order is completed automatically and the buyer is not happy with the final result and when he/she ask for modifications and you did not modify.
Either He/She will give you a bad review or will ask for a refund.
So I always offer revisions even after a month.

Yea, and it made me lose my level1 badge and later made my account disabled. So I think you should just give in. Doing this only once won’t damage your account or reduce your personality.

From my experience, you can only sort this out with the CS if you are a TRS cos you will be treated as a VIP but not even at all times.

If the buyer reports you two more times, your account will be deleted permanently without any remedy.

So dear, a stitch in time saves nine

Wow, that is really awful. Looks like sellers don’t have any rights here, and a buyer can do anything he wants.

Thank you for your answer!

Somebody mentioned a similar problem. They have contacted CS, and they were told that they had to keep revising until the buyer was satisfied, because they offered unlimited revisions. It didn’t matter that the order was marked as complete, they had to keep revising.

If you got a warning from Fiverr, be careful. They can disable your withdrawals if the buyer keeps complaining.

Somebody mentioned a similar problem. They have contacted CS, and they were told that they had to keep revising until the buyer was satisfied, because they offered unlimited revisions. It didn’t matter that the order was marked as complete, they had to keep revising.

If you got a warning from Fiverr, be careful. They can disable your withdrawals if the buyer keeps complaining.

Thanks. I received a warning and didn’t know what is all about, so I asked is the revisions problem. They didn’t say much, it sounded like a generated message but one part was that yes, I need to do revisions even though the order is completed. That makes me really mad because people can be just awful.

I know it won’t help you with this order, but wouldn’t it be easier not to offer unlimited revisions in the future?
I’ve never understood this concept.

• As a buyer I would not hire someone because of unlimited revisions. I simply don’t have time for it. If you can’t do the job with 2-3 revisions then you’re just wasting my time.
  • As a seller I would never offer it because I don’t want to work for free. That’s why you’re in this situation to begin with.

When it comes to CS, don’t forget in most cases you’re dealing with a frontline agent. There are agents who are properly trained and then there are agents who are probably doing their first independent ticket or simply don’t care enough to look into the problem.

I know it won’t help you with this order, but wouldn’t it be easier not to offer unlimited revisions in the future?

I’ve never understood this concept.

• As a buyer I would not hire someone because of unlimited revisions. I simply don’t have time for it. If you can’t do the job with 2-3 revisions then you’re just wasting my time.
  • As a seller I would never offer it because I don’t want to work for free. That’s why you’re in this situation to begin with.

When it comes to CS, don’t forget in most cases you’re dealing with a frontline agent. There are agents who are properly trained and then there are agents who are probably doing their first independent ticket or simply don’t care enough to look into the problem.

I really enjoy the process and I feel like somebody should be fully

satisfied with the order. This unpleasent situations are rare, that I have

a difficult buyer but it is still frustrating.

• 2 years later...

I am having a problem right now with a customer. No matter how many revisions I make, he is never satisfied. I only do high quality work, so this really makes me mad that he has this much power over me. Something like this will certainly make me end my fiverr account! It‘s not fair to use at all!

I am having a problem right now with a customer. No matter how many revisions I make, he is never satisfied. I only do high quality work, so this really makes me mad that he has this much power over me. Something like this will certainly make me end my fiverr account! It‘s not fair to use at all!

No matter how many revisions I make, he is never satisfied.

You are offering unlimited revisions on the gig that your client bought. Unlimited is unlimited and you have to provide them.

If you are so unhappy providing unlimited revisions then why do you even offer them?

Your client bought what you offered so no point in complaining about something that you offered yourself.

Archived