What are illegal characters on Fiverr?

belgianwriter

I am in the process of creating a new gig and get a message saying that both the title and description contain illegal characters. I understand 5 or Fiverr being illegal. That makes sense. I once wrote ‘résumé’ and the " 's " were considered illegal. I somewhat get that too.

However are other characters such as capitals illegal too?

I wrote ‘Talking Friends’ because I wanted to record videos using ‘Talking Friends’.

Would that be illegal?

Can someone give me a list of illegal characters?

• Like 7

I am in the process of creating a new gig and get a message saying that both the title and description contain illegal characters. I understand 5 or Fiverr being illegal. That makes sense. I once wrote ‘résumé’ and the " 's " were considered illegal. I somewhat get that too.

However are other characters such as capitals illegal too?

I wrote ‘Talking Friends’ because I wanted to record videos using ‘Talking Friends’.

Would that be illegal?

Can someone give me a list of illegal characters?

• Like 7

I am struggling with this. My description does not have “for $5.” It does not have any special characters nor does it contain numerals. It’s still saying there are illegal characters. Why can’t Fiverr just tell me what the bad “illegal” stuff is so I can just tackle it and get it done instead of wasting time with guessing games?

• Like 9

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to set up my gig and am getting the ‘illegal characters’ message too. The words ‘I will’ are faintly there in white. I can’t seem to get rid of them. Is this why my gig title is ‘illegal’?

I’m not using anything but letters and punctuation.

Can someone please tell me what illegal characters are?

Thanks,

Vicfran

• Like 5

Is it possible that this is a glitch? When I last created a gig, at first I got the message too and I had made sure that I did not use I will or $5 in the title or description or superfluous punctuation. However the message suddenly disappeared and I got on to the next screen without any further problems.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All…

Like you read throughout this forum. The “illegal characters” are ANY punctuation marks. I struggled with this for an hour, only to find that in my title - I had to scroll down some and found a period. The other issue I found was uploading images. They must be in a JPEG format. If you work on a MAC, this makes it one step harder for you. I ended up creating the ads in a Pages program, but took a Screenshot of it - saving the screenshot with the .jpg file extension and PRESTO… It worked! Best of Luck!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I agree with you belgian writer that maybe there is a glitch there. I also encountered thta when I made a gig, it said that illegal characters appear there. So I just try to renew some words but to no avail I was not able to change it. So next day I completely change the whole sentences and thanks at last it was accepted and no illegal characters appear. I thought my new gig “food warmer out of recycled craft” which uses combustible materials like alcohol is not permitted by fiverr.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

What is illegal about this title:

“I will play Dota 2 heroes I’m good at with you”

Pawning n00bs without remorse is considered “illegal” in heavy gamer-culture countries such as South Korea.

People were killed there for less than bubbling their Paladin in a friendly Duel in Durotar.

Try “I will let you win in Dota 2 heroes game I’m good at.” That may be less troublesome and more legal title.

Best of luck.

• 2 months later...

Pawning n00bs without remorse is considered “illegal” in heavy gamer-culture countries such as South Korea.

People were killed there for less than bubbling their Paladin in a friendly Duel in Durotar.

Try “I will let you win in Dota 2 heroes game I’m good at.” That may be less troublesome and more legal title.

Best of luck.

I believe using characters such as , . / ; ’ \ | [ ] also count, probably since you could find a way to post un-detected words that can be offensive.

• 2 years later...

I got the same problem while writing description, but I resolved it by typing texts manually. Yes, when I was copy pasting, it was showing the error and after typing manually it was done. So, I think the reason is copy paste.
Don’t copy paste your title/description, type it manually.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok So just resolved this. The illegal characters are “spaces”. Sometimes there are spaces present in our article and we don’t know it. Also, we commonly use TAB Space to start a paragraph. If you did so, just remove all the spaces and TYPE Spaces. Then it will certainly accept the description. It worked with me just now.