Allow for custom number of gig packages

Just use gig extras instead. You can call the gig extras: Package 1, Package 2, etc.

Fiverr uses packages of 3 because it’s scientifically proven that more than 3 options is overwhelming. Insurance agents often show you 3 quotes, not 5 or 10 for that reason. If you want someone to spend $50, you show them a quote for $10, $50, and $100 or $25, $50, and $75.

Also, every time Fiverr makes a change, the following happens.

1. Buyers and sellers need to be educated on the change
  2. There’s confusion in the marketplace
  3. Unforeseen technical glitches occur
  4. The TOS and every blog that deals with the issue has to be updated

It’s a huge undertaking, which is why changes should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

Just use gig extras instead. You can call the gig extras: Package 1, Package 2, etc.

Fiverr uses packages of 3 because it’s scientifically proven that more than 3 options is overwhelming. Insurance agents often show you 3 quotes, not 5 or 10 for that reason. If you want someone to spend $50, you show them a quote for $10, $50, and $100 or $25, $50, and $75.

Also, every time Fiverr makes a change, the following happens.

1. Buyers and sellers need to be educated on the change
  2. There’s confusion in the marketplace
  3. Unforeseen technical glitches occur
  4. The TOS and every blog that deals with the issue has to be updated

It’s a huge undertaking, which is why changes should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

it’s scientifically proven that more than 3 options is overwhelming.

This is just my own opinion, but I think that three packages is overwhelming for lots of people on fiverr.

First of all, they don’t like to read, or can’t read well in English.

Second, it requires a careful decision, which many people find overwhelming and leave that gig.

Third, it’s confusing. I get confused when I see the three packages.

I find that the visual layout is weird and confusing.

Make it as easy and as quick and as simple as possible for them to make that decision. A big buy button and some description, some extras laid out in a list, and no more confusing three prices laid out in a row to try to figure out.

I find I spend about ten minutes at least when I come to a gig with three packages looking at all three, weighing the benefits of each, the prices of each, and in the end give up and go.

it’s scientifically proven that more than 3 options is overwhelming.

This is just my own opinion, but I think that three packages is overwhelming for lots of people on fiverr.

First of all, they don’t like to read, or can’t read well in English.

Second, it requires a careful decision, which many people find overwhelming and leave that gig.

Third, it’s confusing. I get confused when I see the three packages.

I find that the visual layout is weird and confusing.

Make it as easy and as quick and as simple as possible for them to make that decision. A big buy button and some description, some extras laid out in a list, and no more confusing three prices laid out in a row to try to figure out.

I find I spend about ten minutes at least when I come to a gig with three packages looking at all three, weighing the benefits of each, the prices of each, and in the end give up and go.

No, that’s my experience as an insurance salesman, that’s Costco’s reason for offering 3 different brands of Ketchup instead of 5 or 10.

"In a California gourmet market, Professor Iyengar and her research assistants set up a booth of samples of Wilkin & Sons jams. Every few hours, they switched from offering a selection of 24 jams to a group of six jams. On average, customers tasted two jams, regardless of the size of the assortment, and each one received a coupon good for $1 off one Wilkin & Sons jam.

Here’s the interesting part. Sixty percent of customers were drawn to the large assortment, while only 40 percent stopped by the small one. But 30 percent of the people who had sampled from the small assortment decided to buy jam, while only 3 percent of those confronted with the two dozen jams purchased a jar."

Source: Too Many Choices: A Problem That Can Paralyze.

The New York Times

3 packages isn’t confusing unless the seller makes it confusing. If I’m selling headlines, I sell them in packages of 5, 10, 15.

If it’s radio, I don’t do packages because I’m happy just writing one radio, more than that is too boring,but I have a gig extra for those who want a 60" commercial instead of a 30"

Someone who writes press releases might have a basic package for a press release, a more expensive one for press release plus distribution, and an even more expensive one for something else.

The only thing that stops me from buying are those charging for commercial licenses, or promising a so-so design unless I buy their $20 package.

No, that’s my experience as an insurance salesman, that’s Costco’s reason for offering 3 different brands of Ketchup instead of 5 or 10.

"In a California gourmet market, Professor Iyengar and her research assistants set up a booth of samples of Wilkin & Sons jams. Every few hours, they switched from offering a selection of 24 jams to a group of six jams. On average, customers tasted two jams, regardless of the size of the assortment, and each one received a coupon good for $1 off one Wilkin & Sons jam.

Here’s the interesting part. Sixty percent of customers were drawn to the large assortment, while only 40 percent stopped by the small one. But 30 percent of the people who had sampled from the small assortment decided to buy jam, while only 3 percent of those confronted with the two dozen jams purchased a jar."

Source: Too Many Choices: A Problem That Can Paralyze.

The New York Times

3 packages isn’t confusing unless the seller makes it confusing. If I’m selling headlines, I sell them in packages of 5, 10, 15.

If it’s radio, I don’t do packages because I’m happy just writing one radio, more than that is too boring,but I have a gig extra for those who want a 60" commercial instead of a 30"

Someone who writes press releases might have a basic package for a press release, a more expensive one for press release plus distribution, and an even more expensive one for something else.

The only thing that stops me from buying are those charging for commercial licenses, or promising a so-so design unless I buy their $20 package.

But this is not an assortment of jams on a table. This is the internet, with an international audience who mostly hates to read. They want it fast and simple without any real decisions to make as to which one to get. Let them click BUY and be done.

I personally agree with everyone here. First, you’re dealing with business packages, not a restaurant menu. Don’t give people more options than they need. In general, people like things that come in three. It’s not too little, it’s not too much, and it gives them a sense of satisfaction.

However, if it’s something that could work in two packages, surely there’s a way you can sell it in one? It might make the price go up, but if people see all the benefits, then why not? Another thing that’s true is that people’s attention span is shorter than ever. Again, don’t make them read because they won’t. This is why bullet points work. They’re short and to the point. People like that.

The thing with the 3 packages is very reasonable. Reminds of the home depo’s we have here.
One has a !@#-load of everything and also has the lowest prices. But when I need something fast I tend to go to the one who has 3 different brands of everything. I pay more, but my time is very valuable for me. So I don’t like to spend hours in mall when all I need is a box of screws, just because I have the choice of seemingly every effing screw that exists.
If I have time at hand I’m going to the first home depo mentioned.

The thing with the 3 packages is very reasonable. Reminds of the home depo’s we have here.

One has a !@#-load of everything and also has the lowest prices. But when I need something fast I tend to go to the one who has 3 different brands of everything. I pay more, but my time is very valuable for me. So I don’t like to spend hours in mall when all I need is a box of screws, just because I have the choice of seemingly every effing screw that exists.

If I have time at hand I’m going to the first home depo mentioned.

That’s the idea, to make a decision quickly without overthinking it. I guess women see shopping different than men. For men, shopping is a chore, for women, it’s an adventure. Maybe women don’t mind having more choices.

That’s the idea, to make a decision quickly without overthinking it. I guess women see shopping different than men. For men, shopping is a chore, for women, it’s an adventure. Maybe women don’t mind having more choices.

It can be nice to go shopping (as long as it isn’t for shoes with a woman) and have a good time, but if I need things done, I need them done and don’t want to have a !@#$-load of choices that make me doubt what I’m doing.

You should have a look at all this different screws! You see, when I went into the store I knew exactly what I was looking for. I need some screws for wood. Confronted with all this different kind of screws for wood I started thinking if my wood needed possibly a certain kind of screws a.s.o. It just can make you mad when you spend more time deciding what screw to buy than it takes to complete the initial job.

It can be nice to go shopping (as long as it isn’t for shoes with a woman) and have a good time, but if I need things done, I need them done and don’t want to have a !@#$-load of choices that make me doubt what I’m doing.

You should have a look at all this different screws! You see, when I went into the store I knew exactly what I was looking for. I need some screws for wood. Confronted with all this different kind of screws for wood I started thinking if my wood needed possibly a certain kind of screws a.s.o. It just can make you mad when you spend more time deciding what screw to buy than it takes to complete the initial job.

It just can make you mad when you spend more time deciding what screw to buy than it takes to complete the initial job.

That’s how I feel when I am confronted with 3 packages. I feel bewildered, and no matter how long I look at them, I still feel that way. I was thinking of how I would like to purchase something from a seller, and after ten minutes of studying those packages, I had to give up.

Archived