Can Buyers Please Be a Bit More Realistic About the Budget When Posting a Demanding Request?

flatio

I will do $5 jobs, but I’m not going to go too far outside my basic package for voice over. I used to get really mad when I would see a really low ball buyer request, but I realized that being new to Fiverr you have to start small and build a good reputation. So now I look at it as an investment, but I’m not taking on those ridiculous low ball requests.

• Like 8

I’m a music/audio seller. My usual price for full instrumental + main vocal is around $65. I’m pricey for my category but I’ve been on Fiverr for 3 years and I have tuition to pay. So, when people ask me to children’s songs for $10 each, because they want “a discount on a bulk order,” I simply tell them that the amount is not worth the time I have to put in.

For some reason, not a lot of buyers understand this. They think their $5 is gold, and it might be worth a lot more in some countries than it is in the U.S., but I can’t be spending all my time making $2 an hour when someone else is willing to pay me my full price or more. In the music industry, session musicians cost hundreds per session, so it’s mind-boggling to me what kind of budgets some buyers have for big projects.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

There was a suggestion yesterday that BR should have a minimum of $25 which makes a lot of sense.

In addition to that, I would love it if BRs could only be submitted by “Top Rated Buyers” - meaning people who have at least bought a couple of times on the site before. This would also stop pretty much all the seller posts that happen as well as mean that requests were from people who had SOME concept of the price things should be.

That’s a really good suggestion. Only people who are serious about “quality” work getting done and really serious work would apply. It would take care of all those who just want “ideas” from a ton of sellers and then make off with it. It would also build brand loyalty. This is really result oriented thinking. Cheers!

• Like 1

You 100% right about this, unfortunately all we can do is to delete the chip requests and move on that kind of request get also offers and that make me think that someone is so desperate that will accept any cheap offer made.
Also don’t forget that for someone coming to a 3d world country 5$ are good money so I think that this cheap buyers know this and take advantage form it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I see comparable things regularly, or even get inboxed with such 2nd hand (3rd hand? 😉 ) requests I saw on BR and didn´t send an offer to because it was ridiculous even with a higher budget and more time. Some people don´t even bother with (or aren´t even able to?) rewriting which makes the whole inquiry look very “off”.

Dear buyers, if you need a job done that a human needs to do - for many jobs, it´s quite easy to get an at least vague idea of the time actually, realistically, needed to finish the job by googling.

You won´t do yourselves a favour if you ask for something not humanly possible in your stated timeframe - you will only get offers by people who will let machines do your job, you know.

Putting a somewhat realistic timeframe, or no timeframe, if you just don´t know, will help you receive more offers from sellers who actually know what they are selling.

agree with you…

• Like 1

It is a catch 22 situation. While there are sellers out there willing to work for basically nothing then Buyers will be looking for them.

I don’t know about that. If the buyer wants $5, I can bid at $10, $20, etc. Just because people are bidding doesn’t mean they’re offering what the seller wants.

• Like 1

Being a new seller it’s such a dilemma whether to accept such offers. I had a buyer offering me $5 to edit(background removal) enhance and retouch his 100+ images. What made it worse is that all the images were very dark, poor quality and thus seemed very difficult to crop out. Needless to say, I sent him a $20 bid. Fortunately for me, he refused. 😑

• Like 1

Being a new seller it’s such a dilemma whether to accept such offers. I had a buyer offering me $5 to edit(background removal) enhance and retouch his 100+ images. What made it worse is that all the images were very dark, poor quality and thus seemed very difficult to crop out. Needless to say, I sent him a $20 bid. Fortunately for me, he refused. 😑

100+ photos for $20?

You know your quality and the time it takes you to do it, but personally, I would do background removal $10 per photo.

• Like 4

100+ photos for $20?

You know your quality and the time it takes you to do it, but personally, I would do background removal $10 per photo.

It could have been worse. Like approx 11 minute 40 sec video background removal (normal background, not green screen), at 29.97 fps, 720p with shadows on the background, and lots of fast complex motion (so lots of differences between frames) for $5 in one day (20,990 frames). That was a bad idea.

• Like 3

I see, well I guess then I should revisit my pricing strategy :thinking:

I see, well I guess then I should revisit my pricing strategy :thinking:

Just because you ask $10/photo doesn’t mean you will get it 🙂

Instead you should offer a service that has a higher value. You’re a PS expert, try to think what kind of service you can offer that an average user can’t learn from a 5min YouTube video.

I build effective online solutions for local businesses and most of my sites are using Divi theme as the base. The reason you don’t see me offering Divi theme installation is because everyone can do it and I wouldn’t be able to ask much for it. There are plenty of sellers who offer simple theme installation for $5.

So my question is, why are you wasting your time on services that thousands of sellers here can do for $5?

• Like 3

Thanks for the post 👍. I also notice that for a long time since I start working on this platform. They demanding professional work within 24 hours for only $5. The sky is the limit of there demand on $5 task​:unamused:😕. It’s really pathetic.

Another most talkative issue is - Too many seller sending buyer request to ask for a job…,😒

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The website is called fiverr…the concept i guess is low prices? maybe it’s the platform you’re looking at is not suited to what you’re looking to acheive, and the cost you’re looking to recieve. If people are insulted by a proposition, then yes just don’t accept it and move onto the next one, or explain why you’re services are more than $5 and convince them why, that’s business regardless of the figure.

Someone quite rightly said, there are indeed people accepting that sort of request, and from a business perspective, $5 + many projects adds up. It takes them time also correct, but that’s their call if they’re happy to do it, and someone else’s loss if they won’t accept it. $5 in india for example is not massive amounts but it’s a good chunk of change. These things should be viewed from buyer and seller perspective, not just one, but that’s just my opinion.

• Like 2

• wp_kid locked this topic