Whiteboard Animation Market

kaystongraphics

Hi! I’m new on Fiverr. What do you guys think about whiteboard animated videos? Do people really use it on Fiverr? This is a survey.

Do people really use it on Fiverr?

Yes

What do you guys think about whiteboard animated videos?

Personally I ignore those gigs. There are too many of those and a lot of them are using the same templates.

Whiteboard animation videos are on their way out as a fading trend since 2012.

The market is saturated, there are thousands of toolkits and pirated templates and web services sellers can use to produce them on the cheap.

But the quality you get? ugh.

I think the only reason they still exist is to cater to low budget projects that don’t care about end result as much.

The market is saturated, there are thousands of toolkits and pirated templates and web services sellers can use to produce them on the cheap.

But the quality you get? ugh.

I think the only reason they still exist is to cater to low budget projects that don’t care about end result as much.

This is correct. Anyone thinking about using a whiteboard video should really try and think of the last time they didn’t immediately click away from a web page the minute one started playing. The same is also true for a lot of Pow Toon & similar explainer videos.

I’m finding that more people want mixes of animation and videography but while I can do this I’m not really eager about launching on Fiverr.

In a couple of trial runs I’ve done a restaurant chain said: “Great! The only thing is, can we change the people in the video to be more Hispanic looking?” And: “I love it! But when the drone flys over x could you make it also turn and look back and…”

In short, there is a unique quality about some buyers in which I think they think that I am actually shooting video and as soon as you try to politely refuse a revision all hell breaks loose.

This is correct. Anyone thinking about using a whiteboard video should really try and think of the last time they didn’t immediately click away from a web page the minute one started playing. The same is also true for a lot of Pow Toon & similar explainer videos.

I’m finding that more people want mixes of animation and videography but while I can do this I’m not really eager about launching on Fiverr.

In a couple of trial runs I’ve done a restaurant chain said: “Great! The only thing is, can we change the people in the video to be more Hispanic looking?” And: “I love it! But when the drone flys over x could you make it also turn and look back and…”

In short, there is a unique quality about some buyers in which I think they think that I am actually shooting video and as soon as you try to politely refuse a revision all hell breaks loose.

I am not sure who buys whiteboard animations but to me they don’t look very professional.

I am not sure who buys whiteboard animations but to me they don’t look very professional.

I agree. Thus far, when anyone has asked me if they should create videos with animated whiteboard graphics, I have always encouraged them not to go that route. They are actually hurting their business by not choosing to be more creative with their videos. When everyone is doing something, it is no longer unique. Unique sells products. It is far better to stand out as unique, then to do the same cheap thing that everyone else is doing. 🙂

• 1 year later...

Real beauty of whiteboard videos lies in delivering the complex concepts and businesses into a simplest attractive and engaging way, deeply into brain of viewer. This is the main thing that most of the sellers are lacking.
Ultimate step is to engage audience so they ready to take action. I understand all scenario and follow it strictly while making videos for my client. With my professional experience of 4.5 years and with my creative team members i will make the perfect video that will makes your brand stand out of crowd!

Absolutely.
Whiteboard animation is one of the most attractive gigs on fiverr. We have some TRS and other sellers who really charge big amount of money for it.
Whiteboard animation especially custom whiteboard animation is quite difficult to make so most sellers that you see on fiverr who are selling whiteboard videos for 5,10 dollars are not making the same attractive video quality.
Custom whiteboard is almost as difficult to make as a custom 2d animation(explainer video) and in most cases takes a long time to make.But personally I think that the conception part is the most challenging part for any animation video.You have to think so much to conceptualize even a 10 seconds video and it is quite a big challenge.
But regardless of the style of 2d animation.All custom animations that require careful planning are a lot of work and mostly more than one individual is required to produce one.We need designs,script,storyboard,voiceover and then we can make the video. But all of this makes it quite challenging to master.

I second the revision argument made by a person in the comments. Revising an animation is equivalent to doing it over again in most of the cases.

All buyers want a complete package(Custom designs and Illustrations,Script writing,Storyboard, Animation,Voiceover , sound design) for animation and generally not everyone is capable of providing that so only firms and studios working on fiverr can take on these big orders but if you have 3,4 highly skilled individuals it doesn’t mean you cannot charge the same amount for it.

• 2 years later...

Archived