My Gig is Removed without any explanation other than "You Had a Link on Your Description"

staydesigned

True story.

When I fist started-on fiverr, years ago, I had a very popular advertising gig pulled - that had a link - the link however was a character count tool, because people kept submitting ads that were too long for me to post on the platform I used. So… I was simply directing them to that url to check their ad, ensure it was in line with the character requirements. I felt it helped me avoid late deliveries, and or cancellations, and or simply having to write an ad for free, because the buyer, hasn’t paid attention to the requirements.

I had ZERO warnings, GIG pulled, no reinstatement - I was not aware that I couldn’t use a impersonal link like a character count tool to help the efficiency of my gig.

At the end of the day, however, lesson learned… consider yourself fortunate that you HAD warnings.

1. Wrong warnings.
  2. There is nothing to do bye bye attitude,

I will still use fiverr because now I have 5 monthly clients who wish to work with me a year long, but fiverr lost a fan for sure.

I will update this post when I have some news from the guy who deleted the gig in the first place.

@socialhonor Thanks for sharing your story, I know it’s not the end of the world but designers know the hours, christmases that spent in front of pcs, It’s hard to accept, anyway,

Thanks everybody,

Bests

I did 5-10 dollars GIGs that took more than 10 hours each, more than 200 hours in total just to create a GIG with

a lot of 5 Star Reviews, I believe that is the answer why I don’t want to create a new gig.

Now some may think it’s all about the money who cares the reviews but I beleive we all know the connection between that two.

I did 5-10 dollars GIGs that took more than 10 hours each

That’s not very profitable of you. Clearly you don’t know how to value your work. A $5 gig should take only about 15 minutes of your time.

A 10-hour gig should have cost $600.

1. Wrong warnings.
  2. There is nothing to do bye bye attitude,

I will still use fiverr because now I have 5 monthly clients who wish to work with me a year long, but fiverr lost a fan for sure.

I will update this post when I have some news from the guy who deleted the gig in the first place.

@socialhonor Thanks for sharing your story, I know it’s not the end of the world but designers know the hours, christmases that spent in front of pcs, It’s hard to accept, anyway,

Thanks everybody,

Bests

I won’t hold my breath. 😉

Archived