[solved] What's your experience with asking "street prices"?

viennadesign

It does work for everybody as long as too things apply: a) you have something people are looking for and b) you have the means to provide that.

Wouldn’t it help to have a steady 24 hour a day stream of people who want exactly what you are offering seeing your site and being ready and willing to buy? And being able to buy with one click of a button?

Wouldn’t it help to have a steady 24 hour a day stream of people who want exactly what you are offering seeing your site and being ready and willing to buy?

yes, that is the idea. I’m fail to see why Fiverr would be the only platform to be able to provide that. Let’s take your spell business for example. Let’s say you build a community about spells with 5000 members. You have already proven here that you are a good business woman, so that should be no problem for you. These are 5000 people who trust you, who you have direct access to, who you can navigate to any of your sales funnels 24/7. That’s what i call a good network. plus, if you do a good job your community is going to grow over the years. So in 5 years it might be 20.000 members (because you get more members the more members you have, so the growth rate is growing itself).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn’t it help to have a steady 24 hour a day stream of people who want exactly what you are offering seeing your site and being ready and willing to buy?

yes, that is the idea. I’m fail to see why Fiverr would be the only platform to be able to provide that. Let’s take your spell business for example. Let’s say you build a community about spells with 5000 members. You have already proven here that you are a good business woman, so that should be no problem for you. These are 5000 people who trust you, who you have direct access to, who you can navigate to any of your sales funnels 24/7. That’s what i call a good network. plus, if you do a good job your community is going to grow over the years. So in 5 years it might be 20.000 members (because you get more members the more members you have, so the growth rate is growing itself).

Let’s say you build a community about spells with 5000 members. You have already proven here that you are a good business woman, so that should be no problem for you.

Let’s stop right there. That doesn’t sound easy to me to do. SEO for a site that ambitious is a full time job.

Let’s say you build a community about spells with 5000 members. You have already proven here that you are a good business woman, so that should be no problem for you.

Let’s stop right there. That doesn’t sound easy to me to do. SEO for a site that ambitious is a full time job.

Let’s stop right there. That doesn’t sound easy to me to do.

harder than building your rep here? it’s not a over night thing for sure, but you didn’t get all your rep here over night either, did you.

Let’s stop right there. That doesn’t sound easy to me to do.

harder than building your rep here? it’s not a over night thing for sure, but you didn’t get all your rep here over night either, did you.

After the first year I had a good substantial rep here thanks to the way this site is set up. No other reason.

I’ve done SEO and was good at it. I don’t want to keep doing it now that it’s so much harder than it used to be. Like I said it would be a full time job.

Here are a few of the things I don’t have to worry about or spend time doing thanks to being on fiverr:

SEO

Payment processing headaches

Site maintenance

Marketing/Advertising

After the first year I had a good substantial rep here thanks to the way this site is set up. No other reason.

I’ve done SEO and was good at it. I don’t want to keep doing it now that it’s so much harder than it used to be. Like I said it would be a full time job.

Here are a few of the things I don’t have to worry about or spend time doing thanks to being on fiverr:

SEO

Site maintenance

Marketing/Advertising

After the first year I had a good substantial rep here thanks to the way this site is set up.

good point - but: do you have a network that you own? let’s look at it this way: your customers love you, you provide great service, they like what you give them. why would they not want to be in a community with you? you can talk to them, they can talk to each other, you can set up events that they can join - like paid online group seances (i’m not sure what you are doing, so this is a laymens suggestion only)

After the first year I had a good substantial rep here thanks to the way this site is set up.

good point - but: do you have a network that you own? let’s look at it this way: your customers love you, you provide great service, they like what you give them. why would they not want to be in a community with you? you can talk to them, they can talk to each other, you can set up events that they can join - like paid online group seances (i’m not sure what you are doing, so this is a laymens suggestion only)

I listed four things I would spend most of my time doing which I don’t want to do. Each of those can be a full time job that I wouldn’t have time for.

SEO

Site maintenance

Marketing/Advertising

If any one of those fail, the business fails.

Here I can concentrate of interacting with clients and casting and delivering my product. Nothing else.

And since I cast spells and interact with clients 7 days a week at least ten hours a day, I’m not sure where I would find time for those four things.

I don’t want to do those things. I want to be doing what I’m doing right now, concentrating on casting spells.

I listed four things I would spend most of my time doing which I don’t want to do. Each of those can be a full time job that I wouldn’t have time for.

SEO

Site maintenance

Marketing/Advertising

Here I can concentrate of interacting with clients and casting and delivering my product. Nothing else.

And since I cast spells and interact with clients 7 days a week at least ten hours a day, I’m not sure where I would find time for those four things.

I don’t want to do those things. I want to be doing what I’m doing right now, concentrating on casting spells.

ups, i see you changed your post. wait i write a new answer

SEO

Site maintenance

Marketing/Advertising

SEO

Site maintenance

Marketing/Advertising

Well… that does depend on what rout you are taking. You don’t really need SEO if you go the SMO way (Social Media Optimization). Payment is Paypal, just like here (or any other service you choose). Site maintenance comes down to what you are using. For example if you are on FB you don’t need that. Marketing/Advertising - i guess you have to do anywhere you want to do business. The thing about owning your network is that it gets way easier over time if you own your network - for example you can send out newsletters with new offers (i advise all my customers to have a year round schedule of all the important dates for them - spring spell, Christmas spell, new years spell, you get the idea).

I’m not going to lie: yes it is work, but everything you do goes toward building your own network. So it’s an investment really. I’m a SMO guy, so all my advise is about Social Media aka building lasting customer relations. It is work, but it does pay of - and it is a ton of fun, because you spend your time on people you like (which is another bonus: you can take business from the people you like, not just from everyone).

SEO

Site maintenance

Marketing/Advertising

Well… that does depend on what rout you are taking. You don’t really need SEO if you go the SMO way (Social Media Optimization). Payment is Paypal, just like here (or any other service you choose). Site maintenance comes down to what you are using. For example if you are on FB you don’t need that. Marketing/Advertising - i guess you have to do anywhere you want to do business. The thing about owning your network is that it gets way easier over time if you own your network - for example you can send out newsletters with new offers (i advise all my customers to have a year round schedule of all the important dates for them - spring spell, Christmas spell, new years spell, you get the idea).

I’m not going to lie: yes it is work, but everything you do goes toward building your own network. So it’s an investment really. I’m a SMO guy, so all my advise is about Social Media aka building lasting customer relations. It is work, but it does pay of - and it is a ton of fun, because you spend your time on people you like (which is another bonus: you can take business from the people you like, not just from everyone).

Payment is Paypal, just like here (or any other service you choose). Site maintenance comes down to what you are using.

Right here you gloss over what a headache payment processing can be.

It’s difficult at times. I won’t go into the reasons on that here but anyone who has worked with credit card processors has run into major problems that can actually shut down a business at times.

I meant site maintenance of your own website. That is a full time job.

Sites are hacked, they go down, they get shut down by the site hosting service, any number of things can happen.

I don’t want to sound hostile but you make it sound like it’s all so simple when it is not.

The thing about owning your network is that it gets way easier over time if you own your network - for example you can send out newsletters with new offers

As I said, I literally have no time for all that. I barely have time to eat and sleep as it is. Nor do I want to. Been there, done that, won’t do it again.

Payment is Paypal, just like here (or any other service you choose). Site maintenance comes down to what you are using.

Right here you gloss over what a headache payment processing can be.

It’s difficult at times. I won’t go into the reasons on that here but anyone who has worked with credit card processors has run into major problems that can actually shut down a business at times.

Sites are hacked, they go down, they get shut down by the site hosting service, any number of things can happen.

I don’t want to sound hostile but you make it sound like it’s all so simple when it is not.

The thing about owning your network is that it gets way easier over time if you own your network - for example you can send out newsletters with new offers

As I said, I literally have no time for all that. I barely have time to eat and sleep as it is. Nor do I want to. Been there, done that, won’t do it again.

Right here you gloss over what a headache payment processing can be.It’s difficult at times.

True, at times it can. That is why i like to chose my own customers. But, from what i have seen, people here can simply reject your delivery and thus not pay you. Something that is not that easy with your own service because you have your own TOS.

Who says you need a website? And i say that as someone who makes websites. Why would you need one? if your business is all social media all you need is your social media accounts. People message you, you message them a offer, then you message them a pay link. That said, i would highly recommend you post on your social media accounts - but i would count that as maintenance per se.

Right here you gloss over what a headache payment processing can be.It’s difficult at times.

True, at times it can. That is why i like to chose my own customers. But, from what i have seen, people here can simply reject your delivery and thus not pay you. Something that is not that easy with your own service because you have your own TOS.

Who says you need a website? And i say that as someone who makes websites. Why would you need one? if your business is all social media all you need is your social media accounts. People message you, you message them a offer, then you message them a pay link. That said, i would highly recommend you post on your social media accounts - but i would count that as maintenance per se.

But, from what i have seen, people here can simply reject your delivery and thus not pay you.

I’ve not had that happen once.

That said, i would highly recommend you post on your social media accounts - but i would count that as maintenance per se.

I don’t have time for more than I’m doing. I spend my time doing what I love right now, not worrying about anything else. I’m good right here.

But, from what i have seen, people here can simply reject your delivery and thus not pay you.

That said, i would highly recommend you post on your social media accounts - but i would count that as maintenance per se.

I don’t have time for more than I’m doing. I spend my time doing what I love right now, not worrying about anything else. I’m good right here.

which means you are very professional in what you do and lucky too (seems like your spells work 🙂 ). But from my searches on Fiverr a lot of people complain about that. so that seems to be a thing.

I am going to say something that most people on here probably are not going to say:

Fiverr is not really for the successful and already experienced, it’s more a platform for hobbyists and newcomers to a field who are trying to make it on their feet. I just started Freelance writing as a career in April of 2017, meaning that I am a novice freelancer.

Most people on Fiverr are either novices or hobbyists. There are a fair amount of people who grow their business mainly on Fiverr, or do Fiverr as a kind of side business to their regular business (Don’t expect to get paid the same amount on Fiverr that you get paid on the “street”).

If you want to use Fiverr as a side business, but one that gets paid less per hour than your regular business, then it works. However, like with other platforms, like Etsy, you are competing with a bunch of hobbyists and novices.

It is better, from what I can tell, to use Fiverr as a platform to launch your business (or as a small side gig to your business), than to use Fiverr as an equal to your already established “street” business.

I am sure some people here will disagree, however.

Well said! Though I’m sure there are some exceptions with some making Fiverr their sole source of income.

which means you are very professional in what you do and lucky too (seems like your spells work 🙂 ). But from my searches on Fiverr a lot of people complain about that. so that seems to be a thing.

@misscrystal btw. just to clarify: what you are doing as a job is called a witch? or is that something else? i have no idea about these things at all

There is a lady who writes resumes who earned over $400,000 last year.

Being on fiverr saves her a lot of time and headaches:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/04/25/how-to-make-1-million-on-fiverr-secrets-from-the-sites-top-earner/#5c2e3e7131f8

Being on fiverr saves her a lot of time and headaches:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/04/25/how-to-make-1-million-on-fiverr-secrets-from-the-sites-top-earner/#5c2e3e7131f8

really? get out a here! so she paid fiver $80.000? You can have a site admin and a ads agency at your service for that price of 80k all year round.

really? get out a here! so she paid fiver $80.000? You can have a site admin and a ads agency at your service for that price of 80k all year round.

Because this is better! I gave you an entire list of reasons.

The choice is yours. You can do whatever you like. All these posts of yours is a determination of what you want to do which our reply cannot change. But for as much as I can imagine, Fiverr is the best marketplace for me. I am okay with what I get and what Fiverr takes, and so is everyone here.

If you are going to quit this, platform, then quit and stop spamming our inbox with decisions which we cannot change.

Ps: it is not compulsory to make Fiverr your no1 source of income. You can just use it as an extra.

He has an opinion and its an interesting one. That is what forums are for

Well, it sure seems to work for her. Although i would hate to loose 80k a year. but hey, you loose some, you win some. Also that being worth a Forbes article means it is a rare exception. You wouldn’t read about a normal self-employed making 400k on Forbes.

Yes so he can have his own business and do all those other things involved with it if he wants to. I’m not trying to convince him he is foolish for it like he is doing with me.

he is foolish for it like he is doing with me.

again, keep it down with the angry voice. if you ask me i answer you. if you are not interested in what i am saying i have to wonder why you are asking.

Archived