About social media promoting

vladdennis81

Hi! I’m pretty new here. I got my first few orders, doing my best to please my buyers 😃
I see everyone around here is encouraging social media promoting for gigs, and recommend Facebook because it’s the biggest platform.
My question is, for a guy that translates and proofreads/edits things, where should I promote my gigs? I personally think that posting my gig on my timeline on Facebook will only get “Haha” reacts from my friends. Not all of us try to make money at our age and most of them find it funny so I’d have no target audience. What groups should I try? How do you promote through other platforms?

Guest offlinehelpers

I do not think promoting gig works.

Don’t try promoting your gig/s using your timeline - create an FB business page purely for your gig or gigs. 🙂

Have you tried it? 😉

Don’t try promoting your gig/s using your timeline - create an FB business page purely for your gig or gigs. 🙂

Have you tried it? 😉

And how does it reach to people? I’m not able to promote it with money. Most of the Fiverr groups on FB are for exchanging favs. 😦

Guest offlinehelpers

And how does it reach to people? I’m not able to promote it with money. Most of the Fiverr groups on FB are for exchanging favs. 😦

I’m not talking about groups - I don’t go anywhere near them.

Post useful stuff on your FB page, find relevant pages to contribute to with comments, and you’ll get traffic to your page organically. No need to pay for promotion - just use your time wisely! ☀️

Guest offlinehelpers

Once upon a time I have tired it 🙂 Why share with your friends? Are they your target market?

Marketing only works if you can find the people who will want to buy from you.

Archived