What is happening? My gig did great, now is dead

hightlink

Hello
I need some help about a serious issue for me… I’m working full time on fiverr, selling 90% this gig:
https://www.fiverr.com/hightlink/design-outstanding-youtube-channel-banner

It was doing great, now it’s dead… I lowered the price hoping it will pick back up, but nothing is happening. I did not change the keywords or title because it was doing well, but now it suddenly stopped… from having 7 orders a day to 0 in a single day…

What can i do? I can’t afford to lose it, this is what I do to pay my rent, buy food and so on…

I did new gigs + updated old one hoping they will sell but nothing… help?
Here are my other gigs, if you can provide me with feedback, i would be very grateful…
https://www.fiverr.com/hightlink/design-an-outstanding-facebook-banner
https://www.fiverr.com/hightlink/design-a-professional-youtube-outro
https://www.fiverr.com/hightlink/answer-your-questions-about-cryptocurrency
https://www.fiverr.com/hightlink/a-professional-business-card-design
https://www.fiverr.com/hightlink/do-a-professional-logo--2

I have 90+ on all stats, I got great reviews… all my orders are delivered on time. It’s really sad to see Fiverr algorithm doing this to my 3rd gig that was selling great… only this time I work full time on here, I can’t afford to lose it.

I would appreciate any help/feedback…

025b091907f5569eadd9dcb7b194db780b3dcd25.png.ccf232274b2379083a72a42f323eed74.png

71aa32ccf02bf269adcf3e2c83b680c423718a4b.png.f9d97d4b3af9720794b05afca59f4716.png

93a4f5e895d91549f03334f2fa923494b9271bac.png.fe2eba564fdf51d1cd27b6b750c9868d.png

c91305af57cdf9fcb2f1857c8b7ce10396671c70.jpg.805e723c6c64c76ecc97fee579641cb2.jpg

7e042d3d8db5922801d0fc5abaee48649d7c3468.png.5098dc9a18958a7a58804d9b6cbf2acb.png

0b6d07bb881245544d35f9859448a68791ac23c5.jpg.93bcbf4061f382a7aab15fd9ba5d9c2e.jpg

Do you have Available Now feature? After this feature some buyers impression went down. Maybe this is because of you do not use it.

i don’t know… I have the fiverr apk on my phone, and the “online status” is on… is that what you were referring to?

I don’t have a option like in this video on my fiverr bar on the pc…

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

AVAILABLE NOW feature on BETA version

That’s awesome now on Fiverr we have “AVAILABLE NOW” feature and buyers can find us easily. So be careful and use it only when you’re available that’s important for you ? I LIKE THAT !!! Mod Note: Here is the Video about the feature:

Reading time: 35 mins ? Likes: 858 ❤

No. There is a new feature Available Now. It is beta now. Not all buyers have it. People can search gig who is Available Now.

Maybe this is because of this. Maybe you canceled an order.

I don’t have it apparently…

Any idea what can I do? 😪

My cancellation rate is 2%, but is impossible not to cancel any order, some people order than ask for cancellation because they changed their mind or things like that. I canceled orders before, never something like this happened…

As I said my impression goes down when I cancel an order. You are right there are several reasons to cancel an order. The common one is buyers order without reading gig. Unfortunately, this kind of cancellations effects your listing results.

I understand, but I cancel gigs every month, this never happened, this is the 6 or 7th month I believe since I started selling this gig again and now it dropped like a stone… makes no sense.

btw, thank you for taking your time trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Have you checked if you can find your gig when looking for gigs in that category? Only time my stats dropped so dramatically was when I edited it, and afterwards it was not indexed properly.

Though december is slow for sales for almost everyone, so might also be just that!

A few cancelled orders does not matter at all. I believe if completion rate goes below 90%, only then it can bring some bad effects. But not so bad sales would come to a halt. At most a level loss (Quite huge!) or slight placement change in marketplace.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked if you can find your gig when looking for gigs in that category? Only time my stats dropped so dramatically was when I edited it, and afterwards it was not indexed properly.

Though december is slow for sales for almost everyone, so might also be just that!

A few cancelled orders does not matter at all. I believe if completion rate goes below 90%, only then it can bring some bad effects. But not so bad sales would come to a halt. At most a level loss (Quite huge!) or slight placement change in marketplace.

Hey

It got back up even higher than before, I was forced to get my base price from $20 to $25 because I was receiving more orders than i was able to do, after I modfied my price, the gig got down to almost 0 again. I believe that every time you edit anything to your gig related to price, it just needs to rank again in searches from 0? I’m a bit confused. Going to wait a few days to see if it’s going to shoot back up again. The price is back to $20 because as expected, after changing the price to $25, the gig got down and no one was able to see it in order to order it.

I hope what i tryed to explain is not confusing, english is my second language.

Hey

It got back up even higher than before, I was forced to get my base price from $20 to $25 because I was receiving more orders than i was able to do, after I modfied my price, the gig got down to almost 0 again. I believe that every time you edit anything to your gig related to price, it just needs to rank again in searches from 0? I’m a bit confused. Going to wait a few days to see if it’s going to shoot back up again. The price is back to $20 because as expected, after changing the price to $25, the gig got down and no one was able to see it in order to order it.

Yeah! That’s so weird. My advice is to never edit a gig, not even the price.

Hey

hi…

In every business when the sales are going down we have to do more marketing to boost our sale.

When your Gig views and impressions going down you should share your gig to boost your sale … this how you can solve this.

hi…

In every business when the sales are going down we have to do more marketing to boost our sale.

When your Gig views and impressions going down you should share your gig to boost your sale … this how you can solve this.

The problem is not the marketing, the problem is the algorithm that ranks down a gig almost instantly. Imagine having a website doing pretty well on google. After you edit anything on that websites, google throws it away to the bottom of the search results and you need to fight to get it back up again.

If Im right, how can we end up on the first page? because it’s impossible not to edit a gig, how can we improve our services if we are to scared to do any changes?

The problem is not the marketing, the problem is the algorithm that ranks down a gig almost instantly. Imagine having a website doing pretty well on google. After you edit anything on that websites, google throws it away to the bottom of the search results and you need to fight to get it back up again.

If Im right, how can we end up on the first page? because it’s impossible not to edit a gig, how can we improve our services if we are to scared to do any changes?

how can we improve our services if we are to scared to do any changes?

Simple. Stop being “scared of making any changes”. Problem solved. 🙂

what i understood is the problem occurred once after you did any updates on your gig it went down.

Once it happens to me and my Gig went to forth page. After complained to the CS and they checked my Gig and replied me that there is no any problem in the Gig and the search result will not show the same result always.

But after few days again it came to the first page again as usual.

how can we improve our services if we are to scared to do any changes?

Simple. Stop being “scared of making any changes”. Problem solved. 🙂

Well, obviously that’s working great for me 😂

Please take a look at my recent graph, yes, it got down to almost 0 again after editing it this time.

9ig5qw.thumb.jpg.ad312cb24843e7b8986bf1d7638f3003.jpg

I think that when you’re depending of a gig to pay the rent at the end of the month, you can’t be that relaxed about it… it’s like like having a job and not knowing if you’re going to be fired or not.

Well, obviously that’s working great for me 😂

Please take a look at my recent graph, yes, it got down to almost 0 again after editing it this time.

I think that when you’re depending of a gig to pay the rent at the end of the month, you can’t be that relaxed about it… it’s like like having a job and not knowing if you’re going to be fired or not.

To be honest, I see a chart that shows spikes and troughs, like any business. When views go down, they inevitably rise again not long after. In fact, that chart shows that after that big dropoff, things are starting to turn upwards again.

I know how frustrating it can be to ride this wave of a freelance career. But there will always be down times – that’s inevitable. If you make a change to your gig, your views WILL go down… because you’ve been out of the search rotation while Fiverr reviews your changes. You’re going to have to recover those missing days when you weren’t gaining views. Our gig stats are fluid. If you’re out of the rotation, your views/stats drop. But when you are slipped back into the rotation, they will eventually rise again.

This is just how it is here on Fiverr.

And, as for the paying rent, perhaps you need to consider diversifying your income. Don’t rely upon only Fiverr to pay those bills. Spin a few more plates – get a few more income sources into the mix. Then, when gig stats dip, the other sources of income can pick up the slack.

To be honest, I see a chart that shows spikes and troughs, like any business. When views go down, they inevitably rise again not long after. In fact, that chart shows that after that big dropoff, things are starting to turn upwards again.

I know how frustrating it can be to ride this wave of a freelance career. But there will always be down times – that’s inevitable. If you make a change to your gig, your views WILL go down… because you’ve been out of the search rotation while Fiverr reviews your changes. You’re going to have to recover those missing days when you weren’t gaining views. Our gig stats are fluid. If you’re out of the rotation, your views/stats drop. But when you are slipped back into the rotation, they will eventually rise again.

This is just how it is here on Fiverr.

And, as for the paying rent, perhaps you need to consider diversifying your income. Don’t rely upon only Fiverr to pay those bills. Spin a few more plates – get a few more income sources into the mix. Then, when gig stats dip, the other sources of income can pick up the slack.

Thank you for your replay, the “search rotation” makes sens, but do you have any idea about how much time it takess to get slipped back in?

And yes, you are right, I’m always working on having multiple strings of income but it takes time to set things up and they don’t always work so I depend on fiverr as a main source of income for now. Being a freelancer is so stressful sometimes.

I’m studying trading and crypto so I know how to read charts and I can see what happened here is not normal, that’s why I panic sometimes. But your explonantion makes sense, I’m just a bit afraid of the gig not taking off again.

Archived