Seller "delivering" only to ask for extention

rolandtobiasz

Here’s my beef with Fiverr…I’ve been a good buyer always paying on time and giving good feedback…however…it seems that every now and then I will stumble on a seller that offers something but then does not deliver. Instead they mark the gig as “delivered” but in the comment ask for an extension and Fiverr does not allow me to rate such a “seller”.

Just recently I ordered 2 gigs, each worth $125 ($250 total) from ******, one to be completed in 5 days and the other one 2 days later. These are custom gigs so we agreed to the details before the order was placed…yet…on day 4.5 I get a “delivered” status with a comment that the order will be delivered within 24 hours. On day 6.5 I get a “delivered” for the second order …informing me that the order would be delivered within 24 hours.

No communication from the seller on delays…just the “delivered” status. It just feels like a scam as I just may miss the 72 deadline to challenge the delivery.

The seller has a 5 star rating…and it seems that he will continue to have that 5 star rating because I can’t rate the seller until he delivers the gig…which it seems that he won’t. WTF Fiverr?

Am I missing something?

Mod Note: Username removed

He is not allowed to do that and is breaking the rules so ask for a cancellation since he delivered nothing. If he does not immediately agree, for instance give him a couple of hours, contact customer support and report that he delivered nothing and get a refund.

Thanks…but how do I give him a negative review to warn others? If I ask for a cancellation…then I cannot give him a review.

I know…but I want to give my review…that’s my beef with fiverr. If I cancel due to the seller being at fault…I cannot leave an honest review to warn others. It just doesn’t make sense.

Ok then leave a review.

If it were me I would be glad to get my money back and move on but it’s up to you.

Yeh it happens a lot. Sorry about that. You had the sellers ID in your post.

I guess that there is somewhere a clause in fine print stating that I can’t have a seller or buyer ID in the post…I can understand that.

Is there somewhere in fine print that I can give honest feedback to a seller who does not deliver but instead sends “delivered” status?

Don’t get me wrong…I still need the project to be delivered but I just don’t trust fiverr anymore.

I guess that there is somewhere a clause in fine print stating that I can’t have a seller or buyer ID in the post…I can understand that.

Is there somewhere in fine print that I can give honest feedback to a seller who does not deliver but instead sends “delivered” status?

Don’t get me wrong…I still need the project to be delivered but I just don’t trust fiverr anymore.

As long as you don’t get a refund you can leave a review for the seller.

As long as you don’t get a refund you can leave a review for the seller.

So…it would cost me $250 to give the seller a negative feedback…what a scam. wow. goodbye fiverr!

If you get your money back how is it a scam? What he did is against the rules.

It is a scam. I will get a refund because I noticed the “delivered” status but I cannot warn others who may not notice the “delivered” status and the seller will continue to be a 5 star seller.

What is the point in the star system if it is bogus???

And I understand that you are not a ‘user’ but an admin. WTF dudes? just let me give the seller a negative review!

I’m a seller and buyer on this site, not an administrator if you mean me. I have good experiences here for five years now as a buyer. You got one of the bad sellers but most are good. Your experience is not typical.

How long are you going to hang onto this? You unfortunately got a bad seller. You can get a refund.

Sorry this happened to you.

However kindly take what MissC has been saying.

You get a refund and also report the seller to Fiverr, they will investigate and take action if needed. A lot of sellers have been banned/suspended for breaking the Terms of Service.

Fiverr decides what to do with the seller.

You can’t call it a scam if you have a money back guarantee.

Fiverr is an awesome place, unfortunately there are some bad sellers.

Usually it is when things go wrong that people want to report which is why you are probably hearing or reading from disgruntled buyers.

Take your money and report to CS. And you can be assured an appropriate action will be taken.

There are no admins here. You can only rant here but no actions will be taken as we can only advice you.

Sorry once again, I hope you give another seller a chance.

Cheers2

Here’s my beef with Fiverr…I’ve been a good buyer always paying on time and giving good feedback…however…it seems that every now and then I will stumble on a seller that offers something but then does not deliver. Instead they mark the gig as “delivered” but in the comment ask for an extension and Fiverr does not allow me to rate such a “seller”.

Just recently I ordered 2 gigs, each worth $125 ($250 total) from ******, one to be completed in 5 days and the other one 2 days later. These are custom gigs so we agreed to the details before the order was placed…yet…on day 4.5 I get a “delivered” status with a comment that the order will be delivered within 24 hours. On day 6.5 I get a “delivered” for the second order …informing me that the order would be delivered within 24 hours.

No communication from the seller on delays…just the “delivered” status. It just feels like a scam as I just may miss the 72 deadline to challenge the delivery.

The seller has a 5 star rating…and it seems that he will continue to have that 5 star rating because I can’t rate the seller until he delivers the gig…which it seems that he won’t. WTF Fiverr?

Am I missing something?

Mod Note: Username removed

sorry u’ve faced this, but try to contact the seller to know the reason of delay

also notice that if u cancelled the orders and got refunded it’ll affect his completed orders rate

good luck

Archived