Available Now is finally Now Available to me

gina_riley2

Okay, 5r has finally decided to let me have the “Available Now” option. Now that I can see it, I find it to be quite addictive. It’s enticing to know that someone is actually available to communicate and work on my project right away or soon.

I have it turned on and at least half of the sellers/gigs are pretty well done. I was afraid it would be full of really bad gigs, but happy to report that is not true.

There are many great gigs and leveled, successful sellers using this option. From buyers perspective, this is really great feature. I’m looking forward to trying it out in the next few days.

Those of you using it, has it helped with sales from USA? I’m typically the last one to see a new feature which is not new by the time I get it. so I’m figuring everyone in the states can see it.

You are lucky you have it available. I wish I did.

I wish I did.

And I have it just as a decorative element - can’t use it because of all the constantly delivered orders that are taken into account along with the incomplete ones 😏

I don’t see it as luck - I see it as a means to irritate me for not being able to use it 😃

I wish I did.

And I have it just as a decorative element - can’t use it because of all the constantly delivered orders that are taken into account along with the incomplete ones 😏

I don’t see it as luck - I see it as a means to irritate me for not being able to use it 😃

It is terribly unfair to give this to a select few while denying it to others for no good reason.

I turned it on a few times for an hour each but didn´t get any messages apart from ‘old’ customers during those times.

I can´t really leave it on for long, I can´t just sit around and stare at the page and it keeps me from being able to really focus on my work when I know I might have to “jump” to reply within 5 minutes or less when the sound goes off.

I rather work in peace, with focus, without the ‘fear’ of or actually being interrupted mid-sentence, which ultimately benefits my customers too, obviously,
but I can see how buyers would love the feature and some sellers too, probably.

Once it´s available to everyone and if it´s being used by many and mostly/only sellers showing “available within 5 minutes” will get views and orders, I might have to adapt, we´ll see.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:09 PM, miiila said:

I turned it on a few times for an hour each but didn´t get any messages apart from ‘old’ customers during those times.

In all the time I’ve tested this feature, I couldn’t see any benefits whatsoever 😬 Heck, sometimes it felt like having the opposite effect of turning people away from me.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:09 PM, miiila said:

I rather work in peace, with focus, without the ‘fear’ of or actually being interrupted mid-sentence, which ultimately benefits my customers too, obviously

True.

I am here on my computer all night long. I know I am online probably the most of anyone in my category and still can’t use it.

I was looking in your category. Four of your gigs popped up on page 1. Because I had A.N. turned on, 3 of your gigs appeared right after the last available now. The last one appeared few rows down.

There is only 1 AN turned on now verses earlier when there was about 5 rows.

I was looking in your category. Four of your gigs popped up on page 1. Because I had A.N. turned on, 3 of your gigs appeared right after the last available now. The last one appeared few rows down.

Oh I see! So that may be the reason for why my sales slow down if people see five rows of “available now” before they see my gigs.

I appreciate this info so much! Thank you ❤️

In all the time I’ve tested this feature, I couldn’t see any benefits whatsoever 😬 Heck, sometimes it felt like having the opposite effect of turning people away from me.

I rather work in peace, with focus, without the ‘fear’ of or actually being interrupted mid-sentence, which ultimately benefits my customers too, obviously,

True.

, I couldn’t see any benefits whatsoever 😬 Heck, sometimes it felt like having the opposite effect of turning people away from me.

I’m planning on being a :female_detective: and snooping around. If one of my sellers have it on and I need a gig, I’m gonna quickly place order before they get busy again. 😁

It’ll save me time from having to message them and ask how busy they are or if they are available.

Sorry it’s a hassle for y’all but I have a feeling I’ll just permanently have it turned on. Matter of fact, I will no longer need that gawd awful Buyers Request. I can quickly check out a seller that is available, if good gig page, then inbox, if that’s good order right away.

I’m kinda excited. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I am under “Article & Blog” Category. I have the Available Now function turned on & ZERO seller with this function popped up.

I’m having a hard time believing that no sellers are using this function right now; on Monday between 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. USA timezone.

Can someone go and check under that category before I move this to “Report a Bug” section?

Thank you/

I have it sorted by “Recommended.”

Oh. So it’s not that.

When I tried to check it out, I had it sorted by best selling, and the AN option wasn’t showing at all. I switched to Recommended, got the AN option, turned it on, and got the same results as @sydneymorgan. I changed it back to best selling then, and I still got results with the AN icon.

Maybe it will help if you try to play with the sorting?

Oh. So it’s not that.

When I tried to check it out, I had it sorted by best selling, and the AN option wasn’t showing at all. I switched to Recommended, got the AN option, turned it on, and got the same results as @sydneymorgan. I changed it back to best selling then, and I still got results with the AN icon.

Maybe it will help if you try to play with the sorting?

Got it!

Yay! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think there is something wrong with the Available Now button for the last 2 days or so… I have it on but I´m not showing on results when typing “spanish translator” or “spanish translation”… not even as "online now"

Does someone have the same problem?

I was going to check for you, but unfortunately, the Available Now function is no longer available to me.

Sorry, 😦

Perhaps someone else that has it can. This is so silly, why would 5r give me something then take it away?

On 2/4/2018 at 2:11 PM, gina_riley2 said:

I was going to check for you, but unfortunately, the Available Now function is no longer available to me. Sorry, 😦 Perhaps someone else that has it can. This is so silly, why would 5r give me something then take it away?

What?! I didn´t know they can take it away! My gigs are not showing anywhere… :thinking: I can´t find you either… weird… I´ll contact CS :thinking:

On 2/4/2018 at 2:18 PM, spaintranslator said:

I can´t find you either… weird… I´ll contact CS :thinking:

Well, I’m not a seller on 5r. I am only a buyer, so you won’t find me unless you type in my username because I don’t have any gigs. https://www.fiverr.com/username 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Archived