Dealing with extremely picky customers

jtwa11

15 minutes later; I received an email saying the user opened a dispute and canceled the order.

Did you refuse the cancellation?

Customer support said there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor.

I’ve received this response and normally never get compensated for my time. This was 2 orders worth a total of $150.

It shatters my hope in the whole system and it sounds too easy for someone to take advantage of the seller.

they will settle it.

CS do not help in this issue. One of my buyer threaten me giving 1 star and negative review unless I do extra free work for his. I write this to cs. They did not help me. Even this buyer gave negative review.

That would shatter my heart.

I currently have an order where the buyer changed his mind 2 days after I started working on his order. He sends me a message saying “His friend changed his mind, thinks it too expensive and wants his money back.”

I spent too much time on the drawing and I went ahead and completed the order.

10 minutes later; I receive a notification saying “request for revision”.

15 minutes later; I received an email saying the user opened a dispute and canceled the order.

This was a large order and I’m currently contacting customer support. It boggles my mind how much power the buyer has and how I feel betrayed by the whole system.

Even if a buyer sends a cancellation request, it is still up to you! You either choose to accept or reject. Good thing you’ve contacted customer support though. All the best!

Customer support said there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor.

I’ve received this response and normally never get compensated for my time. This was 2 orders worth a total of $150.

It shatters my hope in the whole system and it sounds too easy for someone to take advantage of the seller.

it sounds too easy for someone to take advantage of the seller.

Yes, some buyers know that and take adventage of from buyers acting unfair.

Even if a buyer sends a cancellation request, it is still up to you! You either choose to accept or reject. Good thing you’ve contacted customer support though. All the best!

They’ve bypassed the customer support and directly canceled the order from their bank or Paypal

Yes, chargebacks suck. It is the one sure way you get taken advantage of here. I just had one recently as well. I really would be ok with fiverr no longer accepting Paypal if credit cards only would have some kind of protection against this. After all, I can’t order a TV with my Visa card, then call Visa, cancel the order and keep the TV.

Yes, chargebacks suck. It is the one sure way you get taken advantage of here. I just had one recently as well. I really would be ok with fiverr no longer accepting Paypal if credit cards only would have some kind of protection against this. After all, I can’t order a TV with my Visa card, then call Visa, cancel the order and keep the TV.

After all, I can’t order a TV with my Visa card, then call Visa, cancel the order and keep the TV.

It wouldn’t surprise me if some companies allowed that. I had a nightmare experience once with a credit card company. It boils down to some person in an office somewhere making a decision to allow the chargeback or not and when it’s an internet company they always allow the chargeback.

• 2 weeks later...

That would shatter my heart.

Take comfort in the fat that there is a special circle in hell for those who screw the fiverr seller.

b03b5bafee8c8286f5dce6848ed16d7be14c8422.gif

I just received word that another order that was worth $325 was canceled a week after completion.

I spent over 2 weeks on this order. This is absolutely not fair! I know in a payment dispute, that fiverr doesn’t make money and neither do I. But this is outrageous! I can’t work 2 weeks on a project and then have the user file a payment dispute after I’ve been done for awhile.

Paypal should not be allowed! I’m sick to my stomach right now. This was $325 order. I’ve worked extremely hard on fiverr and cannot believe how bad I’ve been treated in the past month with over $500 in work that was later disputed through paypal and I end up with absolutely nothing!

I just received word that another order that was worth $325 was canceled a week after completion.

I spent over 2 weeks on this order. This is absolutely not fair! I know in a payment dispute, that fiverr doesn’t make money and neither do I. But this is outrageous! I can’t work 2 weeks on a project and then have the user file a payment dispute after I’ve been done for awhile.

Paypal should not be allowed! I’m sick to my stomach right now. This was $325 order. I’ve worked extremely hard on fiverr and cannot believe how bad I’ve been treated in the past month with over $500 in work that was later disputed through paypal and I end up with absolutely nothing!

so sorry to hear that

what type of job was it

Hello, I’m so sorry that happened to you!

You can request from customer support that they fight the dispute if it was a Paypal one. Sometimes they have done that.

Archived