Has using the "Available Now" option helped you get more orders on Fiverr?

uk1000

poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes, using the “Available Now” option has led to more orders than just being shown as “online” on Fiverr (or seems to)
    • No, using the “Available Now” option did not/did not seem to lead to any more orders than just being shown as “online” on Fiverr or didn’t/didn’t seem to lead to any more orders than usual
    • I haven’t used the “Available Now” option
    • Other

Has using the “Available Now” option helped you get more orders than just being “online” (where Fiverr shows you as online) on Fiverr?

• Yes, using the “Available Now” option has led to more orders than just being shown as “online” on Fiverr (or seems to)
  • No, using the “Available Now” option did not/did not seem to lead to any more orders than just being shown as “online” on Fiverr or didn’t/didn’t seem to lead to any more orders than usual
  • I haven’t used the “Available Now” option
  • Other

0voters

I used it to find a seller for a short deadline project worth about $20. They did a great job and have since done over $300 worth of jobs for me.
If available now was not available, I would still have hired someone but it would have taken a lot longer for me. I think it is about convenience for the buyer more than a sales booster for sellers.

Haven’t tried it as a seller.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest offlinehelpers

I don’t have available now.

Do you guys think it helps your sales?

Do you guys think it helps your sales?

Nope - not mine! 😉

• 2 months later...

My experience with it is that Fiverr didn’t send an email when I got a message from someone when I used it. I might have responded faster if they had emailed me that I had a message. Most of the time I don’t get any messages/orders when I use it (I only received 2 messages with it, both from the same user.). Also, the messages on screen said I think “respond within 2 mins” (for both messages from the same user) but all the Fiverr help says that you need to respond within 5 mins not 2. Surely both should say the same.

Also, I think the time should be extended a bit to allow for more time to give a proper quote and properly read any reply to any info and questions sent. Or maybe it’s best to turn it off as soon as you receive a message, then later turn it back on maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve seen the posts where users complain about the limitations of the feature. I’m more curious to hear if many of you have used it and experienced a dramatic increase in messages from buyers?

Lately, I’ve been staying fairly continuously busy on and off Fiverr. Which is great! But I am interested to try this out when I don’t already have gigs lined up.

[off topic ramble]
I can see that this is quickly going to demand some better time management skills on my end. I feel like I’m at the computer and working as often as I’m able to, but it doesn’t seem to be quite enough for the long term.

In other news, I raised some of my rates today 😃 I have raised my rate from $10 for 2 hours of work, to $15. In some ways, it seems like an insignificant increase, it also makes me a bit nervous about and I’m wondering if its too soon. I know I’m worth it though. I look forward to all of the small gradual rate increases as time goes on.
[/OTRamble]

For real though, did you get slammed with messages after turning on “available now” or nah?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends,

After waiting more then 30 days 😥
for available now option, i contact to customer support and they tell me "This feature is currently in the Beta stage of development and is temporarily unavailable"

now i realize how i important available now option is for me, that time i get lot of impression like 5000+ and some time 8000+ but now a days i get only 2000 no project, I really need available now option desperately 😩.

may be someone know when we get this back, and i am also confuse about how big origination like fiverr take more then 40 day to work on one features (available now)
i also request fiverr team to complete Beta stage of development soon 🙏.

Have a great day 🙂
Thank you
kalhans

On 5/19/2018 at 6:43 PM, kalhans said:

i also request fiverr team to complete Beta stage of development soon

I would definitely not count on this at all. If it’s desperate, you’ve got to do something else. There is no guarantee that Fiverr will ever choose to make Available Now a long term feature.

This is why I wrote this post right here:

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

On 5/20/2018 at 6:52 AM, fonthaunt said:

I would definitely not count on this at all. If it’s desperate, you’ve got to do something else. There is no guarantee that Fiverr will ever choose to make Available Now a long term feature.

yes you are right, i am desperate and i am a full time fiverr freelancer and i need to do something…

On 5/20/2018 at 7:04 AM, lucycodex said:

This is why I wrote this post right here:

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

really i love your post, specially “ALWAYS, ALWAYS, have a backup fund” some how i have some that why i survive this month,

Finding a way to sell your services on many platforms helps too, instead of just one.

even i am full time fiverr freelancer from past 6 month, i left my job and thinking for the best but this downfall make me think again. but i also hope for the best from fiverr team because according to me fiverr is the best freelancer site.

Yes, it has been a lot of time now since “AVAILABLE NOW” feature is in beta testing. It surely was a benifit for a person who spends maxmimum time on Fiverr.

It might have been, I don’t know, but there could be many reasons Fiverr could keep it or choose to discontinue it. The code alone might not be worth it to them. When something is in Beta and doesn’t go to full production after a long period of time, it reduces the chances that it ever will.

Lucy’s recommendations on diversification are good. There are many other cool features on Fiverr that have been placed in production and are worth looking at. There are neat things to do with Fiverr Anywhere if you are motivated, for example. If Available Now comes back, great, and if not, we’ll have move forward without it.

Archived