Has anyone ignored a message?

zeus777

So last year I had this buyer who bought a lot of gigs from me.

I won’t get into the details about why, but even though this person did buy a lot of gigs and was being nice,

after a while dealing with this person started to cause a lot of stress, so after finishing a certain gig I honestly

told him that I was not willing to do gigs for him anymore. The buyer never contacted me again.

Then a few months ago another buyer shows up, bought many gigs from me, and then I started to

realize this pattern, and I was going through the same thing again. The way he/she wrote the messages were very

similar to that previous buyer. This buyer had the tendency to change his fiverr avatar ( is that what you call it?) every now and then, and one day I got an order from him and realized that his avatar was different again,

and it was an image I have worked on before for a “different” person. Well, it was that buyer from last year.

Of course that doesn’t mean that they are the same person, and I guess I should be flattered

about the fact that this person really wants my gigs. Whether they are the same people or not though,

this current buyer is quite troublesome.

Then this morning I get a message from the buyer asking me if I am interested in working on

another gig. I am quite tempted to ignore it.

But of course, that’s not a nice/professional thing to do.

Maybe I should just honestly say that I’m not interested.

Wow, just typing it out does help, now I have made up my mind 😛

I am curious though, has anybody else had a similar experience, a buyer who you wanted to

stop doing gigs with for whatever reason, the buyer disappears for a while, and then months later

he/she shows up again with a different ID???

Reply to @kjblynx:

Hello, thank you for your reply. 🙂

I’ll go with telling him/her I am not interested.

From my experience in the past I won’t be surprised if the buyer starts

begging, but if that does happen, I guess it’s easier for me to hit the report button.

Thx!

I don’t answer messages all the time.

If they are asking for an outside job. I ignore it.

If they are asking for a freebie, I ignore it.

If they are asking a really stupid question… I ignore it.

It’s simply better to ignore some messages than to start a conversation with them. Don’t even open the door, keep it closed and they’ll stop, or won’t message you again.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

ahhh i see. Never knew that. good to know. Ya I have a Fiverr blog and I message some sellers when they have nice gigs about their gig. Sometimes they respond back and sometimes they don’t. now that I know it doesn’t increase the lead time if you open it, they must just glance and move on thinking it’s spam when i distinctly say it’s not.

Archived