Fiverr Needs ID Verification

I look at peoples’ “pictures of themselves” and many are highly suspicious. We need more than just ‘their word for it’, for who they pretend to be. I want to be able to trust that this person is not only in the country they say they are, but also that who I am talking to is really that person.

Like Upwork, Fiverr needs photo verification, using a passport, driver’s ID, or other valid forms of ID.

If we prefer to only work with people from certain countries, we should be assured that they are truly from or in those countries.

I look at peoples’ “pictures of themselves” and many are highly suspicious. We need more than just ‘their word for it’, for who they pretend to be. I want to be able to trust that this person is not only in the country they say they are, but also that who I am talking to is really that person.

Like Upwork, Fiverr needs photo verification, using a passport, driver’s ID, or other valid forms of ID.

If we prefer to only work with people from certain countries, we should be assured that they are truly from or in those countries.

If we prefer to only work with people from certain countries

If someone can do the work, the country they’re from shouldn’t hold them back.

Guest offlinehelpers

If we prefer to only work with people from certain countries

You are aware that people can move throughout their lifetimes, so their country may not match their nationality? What does it matter where anybody comes from so long as they do a good job?

Fiverr needs photo verification, using a passport, driver’s ID, or other valid forms of ID.

I wouldn’t have a problem doing this IF it’s mandatory, most sites require this info (i.e. Paypal).

The beauty of this planet we call “earth” is… The ability to interact with people from all walks of life.

I enjoy collaborating/hiring people from different countries, the locale is not a factor for me.

Guest offlinehelpers

I replied before, but never showed up.

Funny how people automatically assumed I’m a racist xenophobe. I had a situation just the other day in which a supposed person from England “worked” on my server. I gave this guy a chance, he didn’t have many sales yet. Because I’m a nice person. Instead of doing what I asked he broke my site for most of a day. I kicked him off the server only to find out that he’s from one of the few countries that are notorious for scamming people. He wasn’t in England. He is in Nigeria. He did things that I never asked or told him to do. He installed things on the server that I would not have approved of. Now, if you are in the US you may know how Nigerian “princes” are often trying to scam people. I would never have chosen to accept his work had I known he’s in Nigeria. Been there, been scammed before. Blame it on the fellow countryman, not on the buyer.

As for people living in poor countries just trying to get by, well I’m a poor person in a rich country trying to get by on these wages. Think about that for a minute.

Forum rules - from here:

favicon.ico 61829_1.png

Guidelines / Do’s and Dont’s Of as much importance as the rules above, these are some additional items to keep in mind as they are suggested best practices and though they may not all be strictly against the rules, posts may be removed/edited and...

> Posts that have content or links that put individual regions or sellers from specific regions in a negative light may be pulled for review, edited or removed. Be careful if making any post that may make users uncomfortable due the mention of specific cities/states/provinces/countries/continents/regions or ethnic groups. Due to potential negative repercussions by or for buyers and sellers, the moderation team is taking a more cautious approach to posts with content related to any individual country/region or sellers from any specific country/region.

• 6 months later...

This post in itself sounds more like it is coming from a "Racist’s " point of view (Pardon me if I am wrong). As for me, I don’t care who does whatever I need to do for me on fiverr. All I care about is professionalism, diligence and honesty.

Anybody can work for me so far such a person is a fellow human like me.

This post in itself sounds more like it is coming from a "Racist’s " point of view (Pardon me if I am wrong). As for me, I don’t care who does whatever I need to do for me on fiverr. All I care about is professionalism, diligence and honesty.

Anybody can work for me so far such a person is a fellow human like me.

Completely agree with you. But it also works the other way around: if people lie about their location, or about the way they look, it feels that they have something to hide ie that they are not honest.

Guest offlinehelpers

Completely agree with you. But it also works the other way around: if people lie about their location, or about the way they look, it feels that they have something to hide ie that they are not honest.

about the way they look

How does how somebody looks affect their ability to complete a gig?

I look like the back end of a bus, but I can still do stuff. 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

why would they lie about it?

Privacy - pure and simple.

I’ve taught tens of thousands of students over the years - I’m sure they’d find it a great sport to find me on here and have a bit of fun - not happening.

And privacy of course.

why would they lie about it?

I mean i don’t care if your avatar is a logo or the picture of a motorbike (as long as you made it yourself) but don’t put a picture of some model from the internet to make you look more ‘professional/attractive’ or something like that.

I don’t care if you have a face for radio as long as you can do the work of course 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

I mean i don’t care if your avatar is a logo or the picture of a motorbike (as long as you made it yourself) but don’t put a picture of some model from the internet to make you look more ‘professional/attractive’ or something like that.

I don’t care if you have a face for radio as long as you can do the work of course 🙂

don’t put a picture of some model from the interne

Now that’s a completely different kettle of fish. 🙂

Archived