Resume and Cover Letter Editor

josephmiccolis

Hi there!

I think that you don’t have to have a separate gig for each word count. You could easily just use gig packages for those, and then custom orders for larger orders.

Also, your profile is the first I’ve seen on Fiverr to use the third person. There’s the possibility that some might find it a little bit unwelcoming, though that’s just my perception.

Your profile is quite odd. “Joseph Miccolis provides virtual proofreading and editorial support throughout the world. All orders are completed by Joseph Miccolis,” - lol wut.

Is that you in the photo? I would change it xD

Also, why do you offer 10 of the same gig? And why do 10.000 words cost 10 times more than 1000? Nobody will buy in bulk, then.

I’ve considered your thoughts and think it’s most sensible to have only a 1,000 word gig. This way all work can be estimated around the same completion time at low cost.

I can tweak the description to first person and see if it yields a difference. I can also tweak the description so the second sentence focuses on fast-pace service with early delivery.

Thank you.

Sorry to know that you disagree with my writing style and picture. I do appreciate your input as you provided the same in a previous post.

Yay, I’m consistent!

Btw, if your credentials really are what you say they are, there’s no way you should be offering 5000 words for 5$. You are underselling your work to an incredible extent. Don’t do that. Not only will you not get more orders (my orders have consistently gone up when I increase my prices), you will be dealing with the worst clients. Terrible business decision.

This is, naturally, assuming you do quality work. If you don’t… nothing can save you 🙂

I understand your point. Many sellers offer a similar service focused on 1,000 words for $5. I have to stand out and when I have a comfortable amount of reviews I can increase my price.

There are other ways to stand out other than price. Personality, for instance. Offering something different that nobody else is offering.

What you are saying at the moment is basically: I’m offering the same service as somebody else for 1/5 of the price. What that communicates to the buyer (weather you like it or not) is that the other sellers are 5 times better than you.

I understand lowering prices to get the first reviews, but lowering them by a factor of 5 is excessive imo.

There are other ways to stand out other than price. Personality, for instance. Offering something different that nobody else is offering.

What you are saying at the moment is basically: I’m offering the same service as somebody else for 1/5 of the price. What that communicates to the buyer (weather you like it or not) is that the other sellers are 5 times better than you.

I understand lowering prices to get the first reviews, but lowering them by a factor of 5 is excessive imo.

I can agree with you on the price for the work I’d put in. Orders may take varied time to complete with different levels of effort. 5,000 words in 24 hours could be pushed a little more than $5.

I can agree with you on the price for the work I’d put in. Orders may take varied time to complete with different levels of effort. 5,000 words in 24 hours could be pushed a little more than $5.

That’s another thing. You should think about charging extra for 24 hour express delivery.

• 2 months later...

Hello All, I want to kindly ask for your thoughts on my profile and gig. I see an increasing number of impressions and views, and no orders. I switched from editing websites to editing resumes and cover letters after realizing website editing did not have a quick turnaround. Please feel welcome to give your thoughts and I will keep them in mind. Thank you.

Hi

Visit top Seller profile in your gig category, Go through their Cover letter and how they offer service. You will need to be come clean and specific on your gig description about what you are offering. Highlight important word. and try to send custom offer in buyer request section. it may help you to get your first order on gig

Wish you luck
Thanks.

Archived