Buyer might not be a man: beware!

nadineriopel

So if we continue all the bad habits of the past, then how does anything ever change if we are all divided into victims and oppressors

It changes by 1. being aware of it happening even in this time, and 2. taking action to reverse it.

There are female victims of discrimination based on gender but not of men. So to have a woman decide to hire only a woman is a symbolic backlash.

There are female victims of discrimination based on gender but not of men.

I believe you are wrong there. You witnessed the OP in the act.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put your mouse over the picture, right click, “Search Google for Image” and see what you get.

I use Chrome but don’t have that option. Is this something Mac-related?

I’m using chrome right now. I do not have Mac.

I’m surprised to hear that, I thought everyone had that option. The only time I can’t do that is when I’m on my tablet or phone. It only works on laptops and desktops.

So if we continue all the bad habits of the past, then how does anything ever change if we are all divided into victims and oppressors

It changes by 1. being aware of it happening even in this time, and 2. taking action to reverse it.

There are female victims of discrimination based on gender but not of men. So to have a woman decide to hire only a woman is a symbolic backlash.

symbolic backlash.

Symbolic backlash is what the middle east has been for far too long. Continuing bad behavior till you get enough flesh never changes a bad situation.

I’m using chrome right now. I do not have Mac.

I’m surprised to hear that, I thought everyone had that option. The only time I can’t do that is when I’m on my tablet or phone. It only works on laptops and desktops.

I use a desktop and don’t have this option.

I have to do an image search by dragging and dropping.

Your name has “Nadine” in it, so I would assume that you are female.

However, if there is only a username I call the other party with that. I never call anybody, Sir.

Only in certain real life situations. For example if I approach a NYPD officer or something like that.

Yes, I am female. A real live one! Good call avoiding gender altogether in your communication. It’s the safest

It’s discrimination but it’s done for a noble purpose to symbolically protest what’s been done to women and to show support for this cause.

There are far, far more men responding to my request than women, and far more men successfully earning money on fiverr than women. Which tells me that women are underrepresented in this field, as we are in many fields including, as has been mentioned here, public office, and leadership. It’s been proven by academic studies that women make less money than men overall and for the same work.

This is not a level playing field. This is not because women aren’t working just as hard as men, or because we are less capable. This is due to a systemic disadvantage of some sort.

Therefore, women need some extra support to access the same opportunities and privileges men get by default. So as misscrystal rightly says, it’s a case of discrimination for good cause.

By the way, I did end up choosing a man to do the work, because he was the best candidate. I would like to hire a woman, if I could do that while still achieving the results I came here to get in the first place. I wish there had been a qualified female candidate but there wasn’t.

There are far, far more men responding to my request than women, and far more men successfully earning money on fiverr than women. Which tells me that women are underrepresented in this field, as we are in many fields including, as has been mentioned here, public office, and leadership. It’s been proven by academic studies that women make less money than men overall and for the same work.

This is not a level playing field. This is not because women aren’t working just as hard as men, or because we are less capable. This is due to a systemic disadvantage of some sort.

Therefore, women need some extra support to access the same opportunities and privileges men get by default. So as misscrystal rightly says, it’s a case of discrimination for good cause.

By the way, I did end up choosing a man to do the work, because he was the best candidate. I would like to hire a woman, if I could do that while still achieving the results I came here to get in the first place. I wish there had been a qualified female candidate but there wasn’t.

It would be nice if men would understand this and not try to argue as if it’s a battle of the sexes.

You guys are intelligent enough to understand.

Symbolic backlash is what the middle east has been for far too long.

Women wanting to support other women aren’t the same thing as terrorists Mike.

It would be nice if men would understand this and not try to argue as if it’s a battle of the sexes.

You guys are intelligent enough to understand.

Symbolic backlash is what the middle east has been for far too long.

Women wanting to support other women aren’t the same thing as terrorists Mike.

No they are not, but no “noble cause” is furthered by continuing injustice. It needs to be eliminated. Have you seen what they are doing to white farmers in South Africa, and their wives, and children, in the name of a “noble cause”?

and far more men successfully earning money on fiverr than women.

Could you site your source for this please?

No they are not, but no “noble cause” is furthered by continuing injustice. It needs to be eliminated. Have you seen what they are doing to white farmers in South Africa, and their wives, and children, in the name of a “noble cause”?

no “noble cause” is furthered by continuing injustice.

That’s your opinion that it’s an injustice.

Have you seen what they are doing to white farmers in South Africa, and their wives, and children, in the name of a “noble cause”?

Why do you continue to equate someone wanting to hire a woman with atrocities and violence? I don’t want an answer but it’s just weird. This is really getting not appropriate for this forum.

There are far, far more men responding to my request than women, and far more men successfully earning money on fiverr than women.

How do you know that? Do you have any data at your disposal?

And even if that is true, how does that matter to anyone?

I don’t care if men make more money or women make more money. I only care about how much money I make. Why should I base my happiness or sadness based on what others make or don’t make? We are all individuals. We all have to earn a living. We are not a part of some group or anything. We don’t make money for a group and no group shares it money with us. We make money for ourselves and our families - and our families have men, women and children. I don’t get this men vs. women thing at all.

There are far, far more men responding to my request than women, and far more men successfully earning money on fiverr than women.

How do you know that? Do you have any data at your disposal?

And even if that is true, how does that matter to anyone?

I don’t care if men make more money or women make more money. I only care about how much money I make. Why should I base my happiness or sadness based on what others make or don’t make? We are all individuals. We all have to earn a living. We are not a part of some group or anything. We don’t make money for a group and no group shares it money with us. We make money for ourselves and our families - and our families have men, women and children. I don’t get this men vs. women thing at all.

I don’t get this men vs. women thing at all.

But it is NOT men vs. women. It is women wanting equal access to jobs and equal pay. I’m sure writer and Mike want that too.

But it is NOT men vs. women. It is women wanting equal access to jobs and equal pay. I’m sure writer and Mike want that too.

But it is NOT men vs. women. It is women wanting equal access to work and equal pay.

You earn more than me or most people here. What more do you want? [And let’s not even talk about a certain friend of ours who shall remain unnamed…] [Heck, I come from India, considered to be a regressive country by many and my mom made more money than my dad through her 38-year bank career…]

It is women wanting equal access to jobs and equal pay. I’m sure writer and Mike want that too.

I don’t believe in equal pay. I want everyone to be paid as much they are valued by the market. If our talented copywriter friend who is a woman makes much more than me, I am not going to grudge her for it and demand an equal pay. She is better and since her clients recognize that, she gets paid better. I hate the concept of “equal pay” - I believe in free market capitalism. The market should decide what you should get paid, not some government or some law.

It is women wanting equal access to jobs and equal pay. I’m sure writer and Mike want that too.

I don’t believe in equal pay. I want everyone to be paid as much they are valued by the market. If our talented copywriter friend who is a woman makes much more than me, I am not going to grudge her for it and demand an equal pay. She is better and since her clients recognize that, she gets paid better. I hate the concept of “equal pay” - I believe in free market capitalism. The market should decide what you should get paid, not some government or some law.

I meant equal pay for same job at a company. There are places where men get a higher pay than women and they are both doing the same job.

This discussion does not apply as much when everyone is self employed like we are here.

Self employment is the best way for women to earn their real worth in the job market.

I meant equal pay for same job at a company. There are places where men get a higher pay than women and they are both doing the same job.

This discussion does not apply as much when everyone is self employed like we are here.

Self employment is the best way for women to earn their real worth in the job market.

And then there are more places where women get promoted or hired ahead of men because they are women. Things have changed, it’s not the 1960s anymore.

And then there are more places where women get promoted or hired ahead of men because they are women. Things have changed, it’s not the 1960s anymore.

The statistics of what women earn compared to men are available if you Google it. I only pay attention to the stats in the USA. Maybe in some other countries things are more equal than here.

@writer99025

America’s cheap labor: Women

Women in America need a raise.

Yet another study has found overwhelming evidence that men get paid more than women.
The pay gap exists even when male and female workers have the same job with the same qualifications.
Overall, American women earn just 74 cents for every $1 a man earns, PayScale found after looking at data from over a million people.
Other startling findings from the report include:
There’s no industry where women earn the same or more than men.

There’s no state where women earn more than men.
The gap gets worse the higher up the job ladder you go.
“This isn’t a women’s issue, this is a family, community and economic issue,” says Victoria Budson, executive director of the Harvard Kennedy School’s Women and Public Policy Program. “When women are paid less, it means you have less dollars going into Main Street.”

CNNMoney
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/151105170357-us-pay-gap-all-780x439.png

The latest: Women earn only 74 cents a dollar

In every state and industry in America, women earn less than men, a new PayScale study finds.

@writer99025

America’s cheap labor: Women

Women in America need a raise.

Yet another study has found overwhelming evidence that men get paid more than women.

The pay gap exists even when male and female workers have the same job with the same qualifications.

Overall, American women earn just 74 cents for every $1 a man earns, PayScale found after looking at data from over a million people.

Other startling findings from the report include:

There’s no industry where women earn the same or more than men.

There’s no state where women earn more than men.

The gap gets worse the higher up the job ladder you go.

“This isn’t a women’s issue, this is a family, community and economic issue,” says Victoria Budson, executive director of the Harvard Kennedy School’s Women and Public Policy Program. “When women are paid less, it means you have less dollars going into Main Street.”

CNNMoney
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/151105170357-us-pay-gap-all-780x439.png

The latest: Women earn only 74 cents a dollar

In every state and industry in America, women earn less than men, a new PayScale study finds.

There are many reasons for that - women drop out of the workforce to take care of children, and look for safe, comfortable, stable and secure jobs such as in education and government which pay a low but steady income. Not because there is any real discrimination against women. In fact, there is no discrimination of any sort against anyone in the US or the West. Those things don’t happen any more. If anything there is a positive discrimination in favor of women and minorities.

There are many reasons for that - women drop out of the workforce to take care of children, and look for safe, comfortable, stable and secure jobs such as in education and government which pay a low but steady income. Not because there is any real discrimination against women. In fact, there is no discrimination of any sort against anyone in the US or the West. Those things don’t happen any more. If anything there is a positive discrimination in favor of women and minorities.

Not because there is any real discrimination against women. In fact, there is no discrimination of any sort against anyone in the US or the West. T

You’re wrong. Not sure why you think this but I don’t see any point in arguing.

Why not look at the things I just posted and learn something about the subject.

Not because there is any real discrimination against women. In fact, there is no discrimination of any sort against anyone in the US or the West. T

You’re wrong. Not sure why you think this but I don’t see any point in arguing.

You post highly selective information; I see the whole picture and can do so objectively as I am an outsider.

You post highly selective information; I see the whole picture and can do so objectively as I am an outsider.

All of the things I posted are common knowledge here! Why are you so invested in this subject?

Is it something psychological because it is not grounded in facts. I could do a lot more research on this for you if I wanted to but why bother when you choose not to believe it?

All of the things I posted are common knowledge here! Why are you so invested in this subject?

Is it something psychological because it is not grounded in facts. I could do a lot more research on this for you if I wanted to but why bother when you choose not to believe it?

081.thumb.jpg.b7bddde8e23d200601a447238458f9f1.jpg

You have my answer. [That’s Ayn Rand.]

Archived