I wonder what would happen if

idostuff4u

Ever since joining fiverr, I have always wondered about what would happen if the site became ‘saturated’ and no changes were ever made.

Everyone’s Gig definitely cannot be on the first page, and I suspect thousands of new Gigs are being added daily, (the good the bad and the simply ‘ugly’ ones) given how easy it is to become a fiverr seller.

I suppose the thought of the site becoming ‘saturated’ was always catered for and we are now seeing the contingency plans being rolled out.

Do you think you are able to adapt and continue? Reading recent forum threads has prompted a re-thinking of my strategy.

What about you?

Ever since joining fiverr, I have always wondered about what would happen if the site became ‘saturated’ and no changes were ever made.

Everyone’s Gig definitely cannot be on the first page, and I suspect thousands of new Gigs are being added daily, (the good the bad and the simply ‘ugly’ ones) given how easy it is to become a fiverr seller.

I suppose the thought of the site becoming ‘saturated’ was always catered for and we are now seeing the contingency plans being rolled out.

Do you think you are able to adapt and continue? Reading recent forum threads has prompted a re-thinking of my strategy.

What about you?

What about you?

There are always ways to adapt. The creative sellers – who play within the rules – will find a way to make it work. The good sellers will adapt and rise to the top. The complainers and “I don’t want to do any work” sellers will fall to the bottom. This seems to be what Fiverr is going for.

What about you?

There are always ways to adapt. The creative sellers – who play within the rules – will find a way to make it work. The good sellers will adapt and rise to the top. The complainers and “I don’t want to do any work” sellers will fall to the bottom. This seems to be what Fiverr is going for.

Yep, agreed. I think it’s a good way to handle the vast number of sellers on the site.

What about you?

I suspect thousands of new Gigs are being added daily,

6,000 are added every day according to this https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-startup-fiverr-sees-amazon-as-model-for-growth/

Yep, agreed. I think it’s a good way to handle the vast number of sellers on the site.

I have a feeling we will see many “unhappy” sellers losing levels in January because they didn’t want to do what was necessary – i.e., the hard, hard work – to become a valued, successful, forward-driven Fiverr seller. The good will rise, and the not-so-good will fall away.

I think it’s come to a point where Fiverr needs to take strong action. What was originally a 100% hard-work oriented site, has become filled with “yay, I can be rich tomorrow” sellers. And those are not the kind of sellers this site caters to.

I have a feeling we will see many “unhappy” sellers losing levels in January because they didn’t want to do what was necessary – i.e., the hard, hard work – to become a valued, successful, forward-driven Fiverr seller. The good will rise, and the not-so-good will fall away.

I think it’s come to a point where Fiverr needs to take strong action. What was originally a 100% hard-work oriented site, has become filled with “yay, I can be rich tomorrow” sellers. And those are not the kind of sellers this site caters to.

I think it’s come to a point where Fiverr needs to take strong action

I am also impressed that they didn’t choose to make becoming a seller more difficult but instead chose to do it the way you described.

The creative sellers – who play within the rules – will find a way to make it work. The good sellers will adapt and rise to the top. The complainers and “I don’t want to do any work” sellers will fall to the bottom

I think it’s come to a point where Fiverr needs to take strong action

I am also impressed that they didn’t choose to make becoming a seller more difficult but instead chose to do it the way you described.

The creative sellers – who play within the rules – will find a way to make it work. The good sellers will adapt and rise to the top. The complainers and “I don’t want to do any work” sellers will fall to the bottom

I’m going to adapt to being a level one seller. I am not going to adapt my working behavior in line with an, ’I have to satisfy this order even though I don’t offer this service or provide a service at this price usually because I can’t afford another cancellation this month.'

99% of my customers are more than completely happy and I’m more than happy with that.

I suppose I could try harder to fine tune my psychic abilities. This way, I could easily maintain my level status by offering purely invisible services which involve a bit of rambling on to people a coconut could teach math. Meanwhile, I could also reach out to buyers PRIOR to them placing double orders and leaving 4.7 stars by mistake. In like regard, I would be able to identify when I am next about to be hit by an inexplicable response rate drop and have time enough to find a CS rep who might be willing to address the problem in time.

The thing is, I’m too cynical to be a psychic. I wouldn’t give people good news even if they had it coming, - I’d tell them what their childhood hamster really thought of its life of constant manhandling and prison food.

In either case, I disabled email notifications from Fiverr and the Fiverr app on my phone a couple of weeks ago and as well as feeling so much more carefree, I’ve been crazy super productive. In this case, the new level system will just get forgotten about until I log in one day and find I’m going to log out again because I’ve been demoted and just think it’s all a bit unthought out and a bit silly.

I have a feeling we will see many “unhappy” sellers losing levels in January because they didn’t want to do what was necessary – i.e., the hard, hard work – to become a valued, successful, forward-driven Fiverr seller.

I hope this is what will happen. Too many are promoted who don’t deserve to be.

I’m going to adapt to being a level one seller. I am not going to adapt my working behavior in line with an, ’I have to satisfy this order even though I don’t offer this service or provide a service at this price usually because I can’t afford another cancellation this month.'

99% of my customers are more than completely happy and I’m more than happy with that.

I suppose I could try harder to fine tune my psychic abilities. This way, I could easily maintain my level status by offering purely invisible services which involve a bit of rambling on to people a coconut could teach math. Meanwhile, I could also reach out to buyers PRIOR to them placing double orders and leaving 4.7 stars by mistake. In like regard, I would be able to identify when I am next about to be hit by an inexplicable response rate drop and have time enough to find a CS rep who might be willing to address the problem in time.

The thing is, I’m too cynical to be a psychic. I wouldn’t give people good news even if they had it coming, - I’d tell them what their childhood hamster really thought of its life of constant manhandling and prison food.

In either case, I disabled email notifications from Fiverr and the Fiverr app on my phone a couple of weeks ago and as well as feeling so much more carefree, I’ve been crazy super productive. In this case, the new level system will just get forgotten about until I log in one day and find I’m going to log out again because I’ve been demoted and just think it’s all a bit unthought out and a bit silly.

@cyaxrex Oh dear… All I can do is lol.

I understand where your mind is. I’ve been there.

I’ve decided to take a deep breath and takes things back a few years to when I first joined fiverr but with a little difference.

Fiverr has been good to me and I knew this day would come, so, I too have a ‘contingency plan’. 🙂

I agree but some pretty good sellers are gonna get hit too for reasons beyond their controls. Bringing down the completion rate to 80% would pretty much fix everything for them though but that’s not going to be happening 😦

I agree but some pretty good sellers are gonna get hit too for reasons beyond their controls. Bringing down the completion rate to 80% would pretty much fix everything for them though but that’s not going to be happening 😦

some pretty good sellers are gonna get hit too for reasons beyond their control

There is always a solution. Good communication usually works to solve even the seemingly most difficult problems when it comes to dealing with fiverr buyers. I know it can be stressful, but sometimes we need to change our focus and decide to try our best to help others, even if we think we’re not going to be adequately compensated.

80% completion rate seems too low for anyone.

Something is wrong with what a seller is doing if that is the best he/she can do.

It sounds like they give too many refunds out of being bad at what they are doing.

Anyone who can’t do 90% completion rate or better needs to make some big changes.

That’s true. The new levels probably will affect some serious sellers in ways they don’t like. But, if Fiverr is applying these rules equally to everyone, is it really fair if they exempt some sellers in ways that don’t apply to others?

Blanket rules do – and should – affect everyone equally.

I don’t know if we’ll see adjustments to the announced seller levels. But at this point, the only thing any seller can do, is improve and prepare under the new rules. As far as any of us know, this is what WILL happen. If we want to continue doing business here on Fiverr, we must learn to adapt.

But then, business is all about adapting to the market environment, so this is nothing new, right? 😉

That’s true. The new levels probably will affect some serious sellers in ways they don’t like. But, if Fiverr is applying these rules equally to everyone, is it really fair if they exempt some sellers in ways that don’t apply to others?

Blanket rules do – and should – affect everyone equally.

I don’t know if we’ll see adjustments to the announced seller levels. But at this point, the only thing any seller can do, is improve and prepare under the new rules. As far as any of us know, this is what WILL happen. If we want to continue doing business here on Fiverr, we must learn to adapt.

But then, business is all about adapting to the market environment, so this is nothing new, right? 😉

I ain’t gonna survive it, I’m gonna rock it. With my current stats I should qualify for TRS and hopefully, the reduced number of level 2 sellers might bring some more work my way on Fiverr. My advert guy really needs a vacation.

I ain’t gonna survive it, I’m gonna rock it. With my current stats I should qualify for TRS and hopefully, the reduced number of level 2 sellers might bring some more work my way on Fiverr. My advert guy really needs a vacation.

That’s great… and the right kind of attitude to have too!

80% completion rate seems too low for anyone.

Something is wrong with what a seller is doing if that is the best he/she can do.

It sounds like they give too many refunds out of being bad at what they are doing.

Anyone who can’t do 90% completion rate or better needs to make some big changes.

That’s me. My orders take a lot of work - and collaboration with my buyers - to complete, so if my buyers are difficult, I have been quick to cancel. I am at 87% completion. The new policy is genius, because in January, I either get nominated for TRS, or I lose my level 2. I don’t care who I have to deal with now. I’m not canceling anything. Well, almost anything.

That’s me. My orders take a lot of work - and collaboration with my buyers - to complete, so if my buyers are difficult, I have been quick to cancel. I am at 87% completion. The new policy is genius, because in January, I either get nominated for TRS, or I lose my level 2. I don’t care who I have to deal with now. I’m not canceling anything. Well, almost anything.

My orders take a lot of work - and collaboration with my buyers - to complete,

I understand how difficult that must be. I’m sympathetic because often you don’t get a response to questions.

My orders take a lot of work - and collaboration with my buyers - to complete,

I understand how difficult that must be. I’m sympathetic because often you don’t get a response to questions.

Mainly it’s that I can be a prima donna who doesn’t like working with difficult buyers. The 90% thing has me climbing off my high horse. 🙂

I do hope that they will take as much care to filter out all the multiple accounts as filtering out sellers who happen to be hit by response rate bugs and bad cancellation rates for none of their fault. That said, I believe they are aware of the problems with those rates and do want to keep good sellers and some people are worrying too much.

Archived