Deadline missed but seller says the work is coming in a few days - can I just leave the gig open?

jazzbugg

So I just need to check - the seller for a gig missed the deadline yesterday. I contacted them today to ask for an update and to see if they wanted to put in for an extension. They say there is no need for an extension and the gig will stay open as long as I don’t cancel it. I don’t want to cancel it as I really want the work. Am I at any risk in this situation of Fiverr taking the fee even if the goods don’t get delivered to my satisfaction because we will be several days past the deadline before the gig is expected to be delivered?

Thank you. So fine/normal to do that if you still want the job, and not taking any additional risk?

No.

I’ve bought 100s of gigs here and experience tells me - unless you know seller very well - quality of work is very bad. They forgot about you or had too many orders or other event, either way, they will give you a rush job and it will be poor.

I’ve only has one seller deliver late and I didn’t cancel, because I knew his quality of work and I knew there was issues with weather/power in his county.

No.

I’ve bought 100s of gigs here and experience tells me - unless you know seller very well - quality of work is very bad. They forgot about you or had too many orders or other event, either way, they will give you a rush job and it will be poor.

I’ve only has one seller deliver late and I didn’t cancel, because I knew his quality of work and I knew there was issues with weather/power in his county.

Thanks both. The order was to draw 14 scenes. I’ve seen 3 of them so far and the quality was good. I will ask for further scenes as they are done so I can be sure quality isn’t slipping. Also the seller was quick to do an amendment on the first scene so hopefully will continue to do good revisions of required. They did let me know they had some problems before we hit deadline but didn’t put in for an extension. I think they overbooked themselves with work, so yes there is a risk of doing a rush job but so far the quality has been good if not the time-keeping so I think I have to give them a fair chance and I really do want the work and don’t want to have to start again from scratch.

Archived