Forum replies sorted unintuitively [ARCHIVED]

theironwhale

Not sure if this has already been mentioned somewhere, but I couldn’t find anything, so here’s my $0.02—a combination question/suggestion.

The way this forum handles replies to posts is really unintuitive and hard to follow. When I reply to someone’s message that’s in the middle of the thread, my reply posts to the BOTTOM of the thread, indented under someone’s else’s message (completely unrelated to the one I replied to).

Is there a reason for this that I’m not grasping, or is this a bug?

Reply to @madmoo: Here’s one example of what I’m talking about. Magisworks and I are both replying to tn5rr2012’s post, but both appear underneath of and indented from ceceliavo’s comment. So it makes it look like we’re replying to ceceliavo, when we’re not.

This one isn’t too hard to understand because at least it’s near the original post magisworks and I are replying to. Ones where you’re replying to a comment way up in the thread are much harder to follow.

Maybe I’m missing something about why it does this, but… it seems really odd.

Thanks! 🙂

Reply to @madmoo: Here’s one example of what I’m talking about. Magisworks and I are both replying to tn5rr2012’s post, but both appear underneath of and indented from ceceliavo’s comment. So it makes it look like we’re replying to ceceliavo, when we’re not.

This one isn’t too hard to understand because at least it’s near the original post magisworks and I are replying to. Ones where you’re replying to a comment way up in the thread are much harder to follow.

Thanks! 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

Reply to @madmoo: Here’s another example, this time with one of your replies. Craziness. Anyway, I’ll stop here but if there’s anyone on the Fiverr dev team that monitors this forum, if you have the ability to forward to them, it’d be a lot easier to follow conversations with a different reply flow. 🙂

(Also finding that whenever I attach an image, the forum crops it slightly so that text is getting cut off in the screenshot… bizarre!)

Reply to @madmoo: Here’s another example, this time with one of your replies. Craziness. Anyway, I’ll stop here but if there’s anyone on the Fiverr dev team that monitors this forum, if you have the ability to forward to them, it’d be a lot easier to follow conversations with a different reply flow. 🙂

(Also finding that whenever I attach an image, the forum crops it slightly so that text is getting cut off in the screenshot… bizarre!)

Archived