Automatic Writing - Not the Spooky Kind

cyaxrex

Crazy question writers, but do you ever find yourself writing with pinpoint accuracy to certain word limits?

I sell writing starting in 300-word blocks. In most cases, I just let an article flow and see whatever count it finishes on. However, I have started to notice a weird new writing superpower which I have developed.

When writing in bulk, I always seem to click the word count button exactly when I hit 299 or 302 words. Of course, that is easy to explain away as text of a certain length looks a certain way. However, I have also realized that I have a knack for writing titles and meta descriptions to exact character limits subconsciously. This and writing to the exact word length required of non-standard articles of say 500 and 750 words.

I’ve noticed this for a while but I surprise myself more and more lately, especially with regard to meta descriptions.

Anyone else? Or do you have any quirks associated with your gig niche? Or am I just a freak of nature?

You’re probably just a freak of nature. 😜

Seriously though, your hands have eyes. You have obviously mastered your skill. This type of thing happens when you do one thing repeatedly over a long period of time.

Congratulations.

Well, I’m fine with that but I wish I had a better superpower like being able to control the kettle long distance and teleport coffee. 🙂

Well, I’m fine with that but I wish I had a better superpower like being able to control the kettle long distance and teleport coffee. 🙂

It can happen, you never know. I bet you didn’t know you’d get good at clicking the word count button exactly when it hit 299 or 302 words. 😁

Archived