Seller who buys sometimes :)

md0000

Hi, everybody!

I am a seller, but I buy stuff sometimes.

The thing is, I would like to be an anonymous buyer- don’t want my seller profile to be visible to the person I am purchasing a service from. Is it possible (if yes, how)? Thanks!!! 🙂

Alex

Why would you want to conceal your seller profile? 🙂

The only reason I can think of why someone would hide is if they wanted to buy from a competitor to see what they deliver, which is obviously unethical.

Just imagine what it would mean if sellers could buy anonymously: they would leave bad ratings to their competitors out of spite, they would spy on their deliveries and process, and other illegal / unprofessional activities.

Plus, I would be wary working with a truly anonymous buyer if that concept would exist…

Why would you want to conceal your seller profile? 🙂

The only reason I can think of why someone would hide is if they wanted to buy from a competitor to see what they deliver, which is obviously unethical.

Just imagine what it would mean if sellers could buy anonymously: they would leave bad ratings to their competitors out of spite, they would spy on their deliveries and process, and other illegal / unprofessional activities.

Plus, I would be wary working with a truly anonymous buyer if that concept would exist…

Well, maybe I want to buy “2465 articles about penis enlargement exercises” gig, and I would prefer to be anonymous.

Even if the only reason you could think of was the reason I asked the question, I don’t see why is that unethical. You think Samsung don’t hire a mystery shopper to get the iPhone and vice versa? It’s not unethical.

The bad rating on purpose is a bad thing and I have seen that happening before (a seller that got 5 one star ratings in a row after a ton of 5 star- how would you explain that?).

Never mind… I’ll buy those exercises anyway… Thank you for your reply! 🙂

Well, maybe I want to buy “2465 articles about penis enlargement exercises” gig, and I would prefer to be anonymous.

Even if the only reason you could think of was the reason I asked the question, I don’t see why is that unethical. You think Samsung don’t hire a mystery shopper to get the iPhone and vice versa? It’s not unethical.

The bad rating on purpose is a bad thing and I have seen that happening before (a seller that got 5 one star ratings in a row after a ton of 5 star- how would you explain that?).

The only way I can see you remaining sort of “anonymous” is by not rating the seller after you receive your delivery, to make sure your Fiverr username doesn’t show up on their gig’s testimonials and thus on Google 😉

I agree, it would be nice to be able to do that sometimes although more often than not, my seller status and people “knowing me” from the forum tends to be beneficial. If you contact CS, they may be able to offer a solution in terms of having a second account which is only for buying but I doubt it.

PS: Thanks for asking, it would be too embarrassing for me to ask that myself.

Hi, everybody!

I am a seller, but I buy stuff sometimes.

The thing is, I would like to be an anonymous buyer- don’t want my seller profile to be visible to the person I am purchasing a service from. Is it possible (if yes, how)? Thanks!!! 🙂

Alex

don’t want my seller profile to be visible to the person I am purchasing a service from.

At least half the people who buy from me are competitors with second accounts, not that it’s allowed.

Aside from that I can’t think of any reason to not want people to know you are a seller. No one cares what you buy.

don’t want my seller profile to be visible to the person I am purchasing a service from.

At least half the people who buy from me are competitors with second accounts, not that it’s allowed.

Aside from that I can’t think of any reason to not want people to know you are a seller. No one cares what you buy.

Well, I needed help from fellow writers here, since I got a big project and can’t handle it alone. On the other hand, I would not like to be perceived as an exploiter. There is much work to do, and I need a writer assistant, that is all. So, to avoid the explaining, I just thought it would be a good idea just to buy anonymously.

Well, I needed help from fellow writers here, since I got a big project and can’t handle it alone. On the other hand, I would not like to be perceived as an exploiter. There is much work to do, and I need a writer assistant, that is all. So, to avoid the explaining, I just thought it would be a good idea just to buy anonymously.

Just be honest and tell them. Many won’t care. It’s done a lot.

I would not like to be perceived as an exploiter

The best way to achieve that is to not be an exploiter!

I hire writers all the time here for projects I am doing for my clients, I don’t believe anyone I have hired could realistically call me an exploiter. I pay their going rates, am reasonable and I understand that my client being unhappy is my problem, not those I hired.

Well, I did buy a few times and most of it went well, but there were a couple times where I’d have preferred if I’d had been able to buy ‘anonymously’.
And since then, I probably won’t buy some kinds of gigs again.

I’d buy generally more, if multiple/separate accounts were allowed, and since I don’t see myself as special enough to be a rare exception, I do wonder how much money is lost for sellers and Fiverr for that reason. I do understand why they aren’t allowed, though, of course.
Tough luck that with the existing system usually the people who’ll abuse having multiple accounts, have them, while those who wouldn’t abuse it, won’t have them.
Typical case of the innocent suffering because of the evildoers 😉 but that’s the way of the world. :woman_shrugging:

Understandable. At 12 inch I was thinking that I was overdoing it.😂

Understandable. At 12 inch I was thinking that I was overdoing it.😂

Your math is wrong Mario.

2465 articles on paper which is 0.1mm thick would be just an 11 inch stack of paper.

You would need 3000 articles to make a 12 inch stack.

Archived