😦 Review Count Changed

sydneymorgan

poll  

120 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Keep it: “1k+” makes everyone equal…
    • Change it back! This new look hides hard work.

I was just getting excited about the upcoming level update, but I have one issue…

1814366763_ScreenShot2017-11-09at9_45_17AM.png.945575a5559ece365dbb3c225bd03395.png

I have over 4,300 reviews (which are still visible on my profile page), but Fiverr has made the decision to update the count to say 1k+ instead of 4k+ in my “bio” section. I checked the pages of other sellers and “1k+” is now the highest number shown regardless of how many reviews you have earned over the years.

Why? 😦

• Keep it: “1k+” makes everyone equal…
  • Change it back! This new look hides hard work.

0voters

Update: Sellers like @gogugmg below have shown that all buyers can see now is “1k+” regardless of whether the seller has 1,001 reviews or 13,000 and counting.

I see that, and my star is gone:

star gone

It’s a mistake to remove the actual number in my opinion as it was promoting a healthy competition to show the actual number. It was a mark that we could see to keep raising the number. I wonder what the reason for that was.

It’s a mistake to remove the actual number in my opinion as it was promoting a healthy competition to show the actual number. It was a mark that we could see to keep raising the number.

I’m in complete agreement.

Like others mentioned, there’s a big difference between 1,000 reviews and 9,999. If I’m a buyer just looking at gig pages, both sellers could have “1k+” while, in reality, one might have over 5,000 reviews and the other has just 1,001.

I’d like to see them go back to 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, etc. It’s way more accurate.

It’s a mistake to remove the actual number in my opinion as it was promoting a healthy competition to show the actual number. It was a mark that we could see to keep raising the number.

I’m in complete agreement.

Like others mentioned, there’s a big difference between 1,000 reviews and 9,999. If I’m a buyer just looking at gig pages, both sellers could have “1k+” while, in reality, one might have over 5,000 reviews and the other has just 1,001.

I’d like to see them go back to 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, etc. It’s way more accurate.

I looked at that number every day, watching it go up, and I know others did too, and we looked at each others numbers as a competition.

The number is still showing here:

562517540_numberstillhere.thumb.GIF.9b1374a3fa7bd0441eaec674835aad7a.GIF

I looked at that number every day, watching it go up, and I know others did too, and we looked at each others numbers as a competition.

The number is still showing here:

I’m glad our profile pages still show all our hard work. The change just bugs me because, when buyers are looking at our individual gig pages, they have no idea how many overall reviews we have now.

Hopefully they’ll re-think this one. At least it’s not as bad as when they tried out the “Average Selling Price” feature … It still makes me wonder who’s behind their marketing efforts.

• Lower prices = More sales
  • More reviews = More sales

Why would they try to go in the opposite direction?

Guest david1082b

Every corporation wants to appeal to millennials these days…the 1k+ thing is Fiverr’s attempt to get on the bandwaggon I think. Only 999 reviews til I get there and become one of the True Millennials.😎

This is hideous.

My ambition since joining Fiverr has been to emulate the success of S.W.S.N.B.N. -Just because she’s cool. It really won’t be fair though when after I reach 1001 reviews in a few months, I will appear equivocal to her in work volume and perhaps skill.

Fiverr is being a very bad dog lately.

This is hideous.

My ambition since joining Fiverr has been to emulate the success of S.W.S.N.B.N. -Just because she’s cool. It really won’t be fair though when after I reach 1001 reviews in a few months, I will appear equivocal to her in work volume and perhaps skill.

Fiverr is being a very bad dog lately.

Bad dog . . . .🐕

No not you cy.

I see that, and my star is gone:

star gone

It’s a mistake to remove the actual number in my opinion as it was promoting a healthy competition to show the actual number. It was a mark that we could see to keep raising the number. I wonder what the reason for that was.

I think Fivver should include the real number of reviews to show the intellectual strength of the seller! I mean it gives the seller the motivation to work even harder because he/she can count the effort they have put in. Besides, it is disadvantageous to top sellers because you can’t differentiate top rated sellers with most reviews and newly joined top rated sellers.

But that would mean 1001 review same as 10000 reviews. It is really huge difference

But that would mean 1001 review same as 10000 reviews. It is really huge difference

Perhaps Fiverr wishes to bring more balance to their marketplace. Perhaps they wish to level out the playing field (so to speak), and maybe they feel that the top sellers should all be listed with the same “1k+” listing. I don’t see anything wrong with this choice. Your reviews number is still what it has always been, Fiverr may not want a large number disparity listed in the marketplace anymore.

Archived